Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 09-25-09, 12:26 AM   #1
Willvdh1
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Drop shot did wonders for me today. Another Question..

Well guys, I watched the video and was inspired..... I had the best outing I have ever had in summer... well Fall I guess... I simply fished main lake points that had quick access to deep water and caught 9 largemouths in about an hour, mainly from one point. I had a little time to check the pattern and it held pretty well for my morning of fishing. My question is this: Does anyone rig a DS wacky rigged? I haven't tried it yet, and maybe I shouldnt mess with something that worked today, but I was just curious. Thoughts?
Willvdh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-09, 12:38 AM   #2
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Funny you should ask. . .

I tried a DS using a wacky-rigged 5" Yamasenko tonight and caught a new PB. I'm a newbie when it comes to using DS, so I just tried the wacky-rigged senko tonight because I wasn't having any luck with a Creature bait (which had worked well last weekend). This was my first time using a wacky-rigged DS, and I'd say it worked ok for me.

Here's the link with more details - http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin...ad.php?t=21663
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-09, 01:50 AM   #3
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

On my most of my trips this season, the smallies I targetted have preferred wacky over nose hooked lures.

When it comes to drop shotting learn to think out of the box. Wacky rigged lures are most definitely effective on the drop shot.

Congrats on your success.
Old 09-25-09, 07:19 AM   #4
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I've never done it, but I may have to now.

Like IB said, there really is no limit for dropshot baits.

BB
Old 09-26-09, 07:28 AM   #5
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Ya, by all means do! I've got more fish on WR, than than drop Shots, so why not mix the two together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
I've never done it, but I may have to now. Like IB said, there really is no limit for dropshot baits.
Right-o, I've heard that cass DS big 10" + worms
Old 09-26-09, 04:14 PM   #6
swimbaitkid
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Last fall I had a day where I caught, 4lber,4lber,5lber,and 6&1/2lber(largemouth) in idaho d-shotting a 5in senko on a rock bank, all with in about half an hour of each other,and I've caught 4lb smallies d-shotting 4 & 5 inch senkos on deep points in the fall.
swimbaitkid is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.