Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 05-06-09, 06:16 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Thumbs up School fishing club!

Hey guys! My school has a fishing club, we fish out back in a pond next to the school; ever Wednesday after school it is; 4-5! The club leader - Mr. Griffin, is 28, and a real fun guy to hang around with! There's only about 10 people in the club... all novices compared to me! One other kid had a baitcaster and seemed to be able to use it fine.

Anyways, everyone else was kinda clue less. Me and Mr. G helped them out some, one kid was using a fluke with a bullet weight on backwards, he was just casting and reeling in as fast as he could, I showed how he was 'spose to do it. Me and Mr. Griffin were talking about the club and the past years in it. I asked him what the lake/club record was, he said only about 2lbs. I said I would break the record, but I was just foolin' around... for the most part! He also said there are lots of turtles in there, and that someone caught a 26" one a gob of worms.

I caught a bass on a Power worm when we first got there, about a pound. Then Mr. G caught two dinks on worm also. We where the only ones that caught anything so far. I put on a spinnerbait hoping to locate some fish. No fish for about 15 minutes. Then me and Mr .G stared fishing close to each other talking and fishing about fishing! I saw a turtle sitting up on top, I said I was gonna catch it! So I cast beyond it and started reeling fast, making the spinnerbait wake on the surface of the water.... than outa nowhere, this huge bass comes up and SLAMS the crap out of my spinnerbait, Mr. G had apparently been watching the spinnerbait the whole time, he got all excited when the bass slammed it too! I set the hook and started fighting her, she jumped three for times before I landed her. I brought her up close to th bank and Mr. G bends down and lips it!

He said he just got the new club/lake record, we weighted it and it came out 5lb 3oz. 18" with a HUGE belly!! The one backwards fluke kid wanted to keep it! Mr. G snapped a pic of it with his 1995 cell phone and said he would E-mail it to me next week some time. I'll get the pic up than! Caught and released!

Anyways, thought I'd share!

Last edited by Bassboss; 05-07-09 at 08:06 AM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-09, 06:38 PM   #2
bamabassman

congrats boss, now you're in the history books. great job. teah the others what oyu know ow. and continue on the tradition. congrats again pal.
Old 05-06-09, 06:49 PM   #3
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
congrats boss, now you're in the history books. great job. teach the others what you know know. and continue on the tradition. congrats again pal.
lol! Thanks bama! That also makes 93 bass this year!
Old 05-06-09, 09:10 PM   #4
B-I-G
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Did you end up releasing it? Or did the backwards kid get it?
Old 05-06-09, 09:25 PM   #5
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-I-G View Post
Did you end up releasing it? Or did the backwards kid get it?
She lived to spawn another season!
Old 05-06-09, 09:56 PM   #6
B-I-G

Nice Job and Congrats
Old 05-06-09, 11:20 PM   #7
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Congrats man, but one tip, read over your posts before ya post them to correct mistakes. Kinda hard to read.

BB
Old 05-06-09, 11:32 PM   #8
B-I-G

Man, I wish that my school had a fishing club. Not a lot of people my age around here like to fish... I mean I am with basketball and football and track, but there's just something about fishing...
Old 05-07-09, 08:09 AM   #9
Bassboss

Thanks guys!

I fixed it up for ya BB!

Ya big, we're really lucky to have a fishing club at our fishing school for sure!
Old 05-07-09, 03:53 PM   #10
Bryan

Nice story. Wish there was a fishing club when I was in school. Congrats on the big'un!
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 04:11 PM   #11
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

yeah it woulda been cool if they had a fishing club at my school as well but good read man, there is nothing like being able to pass your knowledge on to a new angler keep it up .

Jim
Old 05-07-09, 04:37 PM   #12
66KingFisher
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thats a cool story....I think its great that you guys have a school fishing club, not to mention a new club record to shoot for.
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 04:55 PM   #13
Bassboss

Mr.G made me about the talk of the school! every time I pass turn a corner people are sayin' "hey! Congrats on bass!" Teachers and students alike! I also got bass attack to join the club as well!
Old 05-11-09, 11:25 PM   #14
stevomac59

Man, I wish there was a fishing club in my HS.

I would've loved it!

CONGRATS!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.