Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-05, 12:32 AM   #1
sumal
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sumal
Default i need help!

ok heres the deal. next monday my friend is having a fourth of july fishing tourny and theres going to be some pretty nice prizes to win. the upside ;D is that he owns a 50 acre lake that is rarely fished, and the only people who are going to be fishing have probally been fishing once or twice in thier lives. the downside is that i have never been there so i dont know what to expect to see. the bait monkey is getting pretty jittery so ill be going to get supplies sometime this week. if you were in my situation would you buy or bring that would work in any condition because i dont know what this place is going to be like
sumal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-05, 12:48 AM   #2
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich
Default Re: i need help!

I'd try to cover all your bases. Â*I'd take a few search baits like a spinnerbait and a lipless crankbait, some topwaters, and soft plastics like a Zoom Super fluke, a Tiki Stick, some plastic worms and creature baits like a Zoom brush hog. Â*I'd go with shad colors for the spinnerbaits and cranks and natural colors like watermelon seed, watermelon red flake and green pumpkin. Â*That should allow you to catch some regardless of the conditions.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-05, 12:52 AM   #3
sabass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sabass

get lures to cover all speeds, depths, and colors. Once you get there, you'll be prepared.
sabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-05, 08:12 AM   #4
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

you can't go wrong fishing a 4"red shad powerworm in jersey water.t-rig,c-rig,whatever....drag it,swim it,hop it...it will catch fish.
this bait has put a lot of fish in the boat and cash in my pocket.i would never be caught with less than a couple hundred of these guys in my boat.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-05, 08:58 AM   #5
FishinMommy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to FishinMommy

What tackle do you already have and I would just ask your friend what to bring of course if you can trust him. Ask him what the lake is like and what the water clarity is like. Of course people don't know what to say when you ask them this stuff.
FishinMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-05, 10:19 AM   #6
mblk181
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mblk181

one pack of watermelon red zoom speedworms....cut off the tails a half inch up from the actual flat hook, cutting off a half inch of the body as well in other words.

Rig the body weightless and texposed on a 2/0 offset shaft worm hook. Cast to a likely spot, simply let sink watching line at all times.....wait 25 seconds, then slowly lift two feet to feel for fish....if nothing on, reel in at a moderate pace and re-cast. Shady weed edges are really good, logs, stumps, pads, reeds....all good. Pay attention to the direction of the sun and weed edges....dropoffs etc.

When you cast, sometimes a little sidearm cast which skips the bait gets their attention. Most bass, if in the area, will grab when it's initially falling.
mblk181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-05, 11:40 AM   #7
sumal
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to sumal

thanks for the help guys ill tell you the outcome when i fish the tourny
sumal is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.