Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 10-10-05, 05:35 PM   #51
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

well she also said something about 3 strokes and his out...??lol..

bossnman how about you post a picture of that ranger you own?? i will bring my digtal cam to the tourny if you need me to post one...

zooker
Old 10-11-05, 05:34 AM   #52
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

When I get home I'm gonna kick the ole lady and pet the dog.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-05, 05:08 AM   #53
LOU
BassFishin.Com Active Member

here's my little shippy

it's modified hull with a 115hp Johnson. have added a humminbird fishfinder and gps since the photo was taken.
Old 10-17-05, 05:34 PM   #54
zooker

cool a sa mud streak.. what make,and year lou?

zooker
Old 10-19-05, 12:20 AM   #55
WTL

Heres the best pic I have of my boat at hand...

It gets me where I have to go.
Old 10-19-05, 04:45 AM   #56
zooker

nice red x

zooker
Old 10-19-05, 07:51 AM   #57
LOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker
cool a sa mud streak.. what make,and year lou?

zooker
ya you caught me Zook!! Thats one dirty boat you have there!! Normally is actually quite clean, just a bad photo a bad time

Its a Z-craft, it's a local boat manufacturer that maily manufacture see going craft. This was one of their attemts to get into the bass market. it's a great boat with just one major disadvantage ~ there's no storage compartments for the rods!! Believe me it becomes really irretating when your rods are all over the place!!
Old 10-19-05, 08:01 AM   #58
LOU

Ok, this is what I dream of..........

There are quite a few Tritons, Nitro's, Rangers and Strokers in SA but with the import tax and everything they end up to be quite expensive once they are in SA.

The boat in the photo is a locally manufactured boat called a "Viper" by Ruffneck Boats, still expensive but faster than the Stroker, real good fishing platform and excellent finish!

.......one day when I'm all grown up I'm gonaa buy one
Old 10-19-05, 05:40 PM   #59
zooker

laser maybe we should tell him how fast kurts stroker can go...i belive it was 106 mph gps. correct me if i am wrong here laser as we both know who i am refuring to.

i am guessing it was made earlier than a 1995 am i correct?

zooker
Old 10-20-05, 08:18 AM   #60
LOU

106 mph is a hectic speed on the water!!
What motor was this guy using?

But I'm looking for a general good boat. I must be fast, just to feed the male ego. But a general all rounder with speed, looks, space and price.
Old 10-20-05, 09:07 AM   #61
1FASTLASER

Now before I get started I want it to be known. I dont claim to know it all about boats but I am VERY well informed and schooled on boats. Yes the viper is a hull that I am nt familiar with just as the stilleto I saw this past week while in the mountains. But I have to say this after reading your comment bout and I quote"faster than the strokers". In order to agree with this you gotta get me some numbers for the viper hull before I will agree or even remotely think this possible. As far as fast hulls go the allison is number one and strokers and bullets are number 2 as far as fast bass hulls are concerned. I can back this up with all the numbers a mind could handle and then some. Yes zook 106 is correct as best as I can remember and the motor he is running is a 280 Merc. 75% of the stroker owners out there are running atleast a 200 Merc EFI 2.5 litre and right outta the box with no special tuning or tricks 75mph is VERY possible. Then you throw in the digital programmer's, tricked out props,extensive setup work,different injection systems etc...etc... and the list goes on and the WOT numbers start to climb VERY fast. Just by looking at the picture you posted Lou the Viper looks VERY much like a splashed hull of a Tritoon. Now as I stated I dont know it all bout boats I do wish you could get me some specs on the Viper hull cause I am interested in the hull and its charecteristics so that I can be better informed.

ZOOK
I beleive you are right bout 1995.
Old 10-20-05, 10:06 AM   #62
Fish2win

Laser I know the owners of both Bullet and Allison. The Allison is a faster boat than the Bullet, NC or Triton that are all made in my neck of the woods, Having said that I will also have to say that the Allison is not much of a fishing boat. The decks are very small. The back deck falls off very fast which makes it easy for a man to fall in the water and they are extremely light in there stringers and hull system. Fast yes but not a 15 year boat or a boat for a man that fishes with a partner of at night.Darius Allison is one of the smartest men that is alive when it comes to how to set a boat up to be fast or design a boat to be fast. They do use a metal piece inside the transom to strengthen it.They do not have an unlimited HP rating like the Bullet or NC. Here the Tritons are considered a great fishing boat but not that fast. Although I run a Norris Craft I will have to say that the Bullet is probably the best combination of fishability and speed as well as good ride. The real deal is this. I love fast boats but two things get more and more clear to me. The older I get the more comfort matters and the fish really dont care what kind of boat you have. Fish2win
Old 10-20-05, 05:13 PM   #63
zooker

errr two words "paul nichols" pushed his 17 foot bullet 121 mph gps monday morning.looking for the picture of his gps right now.

laser kurt has the new 300x bone stock merc.

haa found it now remember he took this after the fact. cause fooling with a camera going that fast is sudicidal.

some may dout his word. myself and laser know him from another site .i DO NOT dout he did it. pretty sure no one else does either.

zooker

Last edited by zooker; 10-20-05 at 05:28 PM.
zooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-05, 03:53 AM   #64
LOU

Hey 1FASTLAZER. I would gladly give you all the answers that I can. Unfortunately I am unfamiliar with the Allison and Bullet hulls that you guys refer to. Have not seen any of them around these parts yet. The strokers used have the reputation as the fastest on these waters and like you said they mostly run with the 200 Merc EFI 2.5 on the back. But lately with the release of the Vipers running the same 200 Merc EFI 2.5 has been outrunning them, I will try and get some specs on the speeds at the next tourney. Might be due to better driving, hey I honestly don’t know!! And same as you I’m not willing to put my @#$% on a block to prove it.

Fastest local bass boat in SA is a Viper hull with a 300 Merc on the back. I will try and get you guys pics and specs maybe at the end of the month, at the next tourney.

The only specs I do have on the viper right now is the following
Rated Length - 6.00m
Beam - 2.26m
Horsepower rating: 150 - 250HP
I know it doesn’t say much, I will work on it a bit.
Old 10-21-05, 04:55 AM   #65
zooker

umm ruffly 18 feet long and 81-82" wide. 18 footer with a 250 could get right zippy..

zooker
Old 10-21-05, 07:39 AM   #66
1FASTLASER

Lou

Would really appreciate some more info on the Viper hull especially dry weight of it. Thanks for the info already applied.

Fish2Win

Got ya covered on the comfort thing. LOL Our age does have a bearing on what the ole body can take. Took a 86mph on GPS ride a couple weeks ago and found out that the beating is alittle more than I could take on a regular basis to but one of the go fast rigs.

Zook

Alittle zippy. LMAO. With a 250 on a 18ftr I really dont think the word is zippy, more like @@@@in CRAZY. But with that being said where can I give one a trial ride cause you know me zook. If my hair (what's left of it) aint on fire and the water being at boiling point I aint goin fast enough.
Old 10-21-05, 04:54 PM   #67
zooker

you call that sparse patch of bristle hair?

zooker
Old 10-22-05, 10:25 AM   #68
Fish2win

Hay Lou, I do know that Bullet is shipping boats to some dealer in South Africe and a couple of dealers in Japan.You can go to Bass Boat Central then Bullet then direct your email to Reid Cox and he can give you details if you are interested. The aerodamic windshields look interesting.They would come in handy here as the winter temps start to settle in. Fish2win
Old 10-22-05, 09:53 PM   #69
bass kicker

nice boats but i prefer aluminium hulls alittle lighter and stronger for the waters i fish in Canada
Old 10-25-05, 06:41 AM   #70
1FASTLASER

ZOOK

I humbly bow down as you corrected me. Yes Kurt is running the 300 now he used to run the 280. Dont know if anyone is keeping up with the boat Paul Nichols is having built for himself. It's a 17ft CC and he is gunning AGAIN for the new speed record with a bass hull. This is gonna be a wild ride as some of you know Paul has seen triple digits several times and the last time he went ballistic he came back and told his wrench turners and I quote "The rig has more to go....find it." Now thats a man that is into speed. Sure do wish I had the resources this man has that would be awsome to say the least.
Old 10-25-05, 08:48 AM   #71
Fish2win

When you get to that point 1 mph may cost several thousand dollars.One point that everyone is overlooking is the fact that he is doing it with a 17. The pad length on that boat makes it very hard to hold at those type speeds. It takes an extremely good driver to hold the boat over 100 but in a 17 foot hull it is even more impressive. The 20 and 21 are better suited for high speed runs. My hat is off to him. Fish2win
Old 10-25-05, 05:10 PM   #72
zooker

umm i think he said " i belive the boat was touching the water half way through the 121mph run" as you know laser a boat touching the water creates drag there fore slows you down. also it is getting in to the best time of year for your moter to go faster. humidity causes the moter to lose horse power. have you seen the moter he is using ?? an merc the old tower of power...

zooker
Old 10-26-05, 06:19 AM   #73
1FASTLASER

Sure have ole buddy the same motor that I got on my lil ole laser hull that I am restoring. HeHe got some surprises for some folks when its all done.
Old 10-26-05, 06:10 PM   #74
zooker

love to see him drop a 300x on that 17 foot cc bullet-oh yeah you guys that don't know he pushed a 17 foot boat 121 mph ... red blurr..

zooker
Old 10-27-05, 01:49 PM   #75
Carolina_Chip

115 Merc, Eagle front and console GPS/Sounder FF... Shes capable of BIG FISH!!

Great Day!

Chip

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.