Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-04, 09:09 AM   #26
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Re: Senkos Secrets, what are they?

[quote author=lakecityyankee link=board=news;num=1096762189;start=0#21 date=10/29/04 at 22:30:02]

You pretty much hit the nail on the head cullin. I find a senko to be a great tool when bass are holding tight and are being tight lipped. Thats why so many of the posters in this thread have said they wont catch a thing on a senko but then toss a spinner bait or a crankbait and then nail em. The fish were on a different pattern in the areas that were being fished. Still, with a little thought and effort, you can find a pattern where the senko will work as well I believe.

Also someone mentioned that they prefer other soft jerkbaits. I love slug-gos and flukes and use em both.... BUT... a senko is not a jerkbait. Its a finesse bait, predominantly. Sure it can be fished like a soft jerkbait but due to its density it wont react the same as say a slug-go. The senko is heavier and sinks rather quickly compared to the soft jerkbaits. ALso, its a more rigid body so the action from a senko compared to a soft jerkbait, when retrieved as a jerkbait, will be lesser, as far as the tails are concerned.
The senko has it's place and purpose. If you find those two factors, you will wear the fish out! ;D

Dont Catch Em All, Jared
S&K Pro Staff - S&K Guide Services
[/quote]

Welcome Jared Can't ever get too many Bassin fools around Put your feet up, and enjoy the show. We have tons of fun and informative folks here. Hope ya stay around and talk some Bassin. For some reason your name seems familiar, do you frequent other sites, or have you used other Usernames?

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-04, 09:56 AM   #27
lilfish1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to lilfish1

[quote author=bassintom link=board=news;num=1096762189;start=0#24 date=10/30/04 at 07:26:04]lakecityyankee
welcome to the site.i can see from your posts that you have a lot of bassin knowhow to contribute .who knows,maybe you will even learn a thing or 2.[/quote]

Thank you bassintom Im sure I will learn a thing or two (or 3 or 4 or 5 lol) here. I know a bunch but by no means know it all. The way I figure it, the only way to be a successful and versatile bass angler is to never stop learning. ;D
lilfish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-04, 10:02 AM   #28
lilfish1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to lilfish1

[quote author=lizardsrule link=board=news;num=1096762189;start=25#25 date=10/30/04 at 08:09:35]

Welcome Jared Â* Â*Can't ever get too many Bassin fools around Â*Put your feet up, and enjoy the show. Â*We have tons of fun and informative folks here. Â* Hope ya stay around and talk some Bassin. Â*For some reason your name seems familiar, do you frequent other sites, or have you used other Usernames?

Lizards[/quote]

Thanks Lizards Heck no, the more bassin fools the merrier I'd talk bassin 24 7 if I could corner someone long enough lol
Yes I'm all over the net with this usename.
lilfish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-04, 05:29 PM   #29
PimpinAngler

my favorite senko is the green pmpkin but the white with sparkles in it work good also theres just one problem senkos are very expensive
Old 11-04-04, 05:36 PM   #30

Right on that...they are expensive... I live out on east coast I fish in the ocean normally just fish with Squid. we catch crokers and stripers and some other ugly stuff we cant name ..

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.