Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 04-27-05, 09:43 PM   #1
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva
Default kipawa prop review

if you don't have one...get one.
these props do what they claim.i fish slow which means i usually have my motor set on 20(MK maxxum74),but with this prop i had it on 5! and it was just right.on 100 my boat puts out a wake.fished for over 2hrs.when i got home i tested the batteries(tester on pro mariner battery charger).they were still full power.
and the price can't be beat.they cost slightly more than a minnkota prop.it includes shipping.i ordered it on the 22nd and got it in on the 26th,excellent service.
i haven't hit any rocks or stumps with it yet so i really can't tell you how durable they are.
i can't understand why minnkota doesn't equip their motors with these props from the factory.
and no,i'm not getting paid for this.if i find something good i like to spread the word.
one more thing,it comes with a stainless steel pin,stainless washer and stainless locknut.and a decal.
what a bargain ;D

if you guys at kipawa are looking to sponsor someone,here i am.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-05, 11:57 PM   #2
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich
Default Re: kipawa prop review

Pretty good endorsement, Tom.

Did you order off the site or call them-Looks like you would probably have to call to get the correct prop for your TM.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-05, 12:16 AM   #3

i ordered it off the site...it was easy..
Old 04-28-05, 12:26 AM   #4
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

2 questions, how does it do in weeds and how big is the kipawa prop compared the the factory prop? It looks like an outboard prop.
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-05, 08:26 PM   #5
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

we don't have any good weeds in my lake yet..too early in the season..but the way it's designed the prop fits into the back of the motor and the blades are fairly sharp,so they should cut through the weeds.
it seems like it's the same diameter as a minnkota prop.when my trolling motor is up the blade doesn't hit the bow cap,neither did the minnkota prop.
Old 05-28-05, 08:23 PM   #6
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw

Tryed to E-Mail this particular co. ref. the strain it may have on the motor. No response.

Was advised that they do put undue stress on the power head of the trolling moter and will cause the idem to prematurely give out. This info. was given by individuals who work on trolling moters for a living.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-05, 08:33 PM   #7
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

i wear out my trolling motors real fast anyway...a maxxum74 is good for 2 yrs.
Old 05-28-05, 11:02 PM   #8
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

I ordered one on Tom's recommendation and so far really like it-my TM runs quieter and less drain on the batteries. Haven't made it to my weedy lake since I got it.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-05, 11:08 PM   #9
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

i've gone through some weeds(not real thick stuff) but heavy enough ...no problems...i've hit rocks with mine many times already..the past 2 days i've been in 2 ft of water with chunk rock bottom.and my nephew kept getting hung up on the dam.the prop has some little dings,but i expected much worse.overall i rate it a 8.....0 being worst,10 best.
i will get another one when i trash this one.
Old 05-31-05, 05:22 PM   #10
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Ya'll can do as you wish, but these guys I was refering to run a trolling motor repair shop. They don't carry these type props and never will. They claim thats one of the main problems encountered with trolling motor failure. I'm sure that they run great and have loads of power, but thev'e got to pull more from your major power source.
Granted, your trolling motor may last for a while but chances are that it'll burn out faster while using one of these newer props. A trolling motor comes with the prop thats designed to be run.
This is not just my opinion, but others as well.
Old 05-31-05, 08:10 PM   #11
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

here is MY question bassnman.
if they draw less juice at the same power setting. where dose the "undo strain" come from?? the prop is roughly the same size as ome props. it does not put out more thrust. it simply takes LESS torque to turn it.

a trolling moter made by any company operates exactly the same it's eletrodynamics are the same they are a electricly wound magnets. once the current is turned on the polar releams of magnets-the+ and- sides-they in turn rotate away from one other-except if your tm has a reverse they turn toward one other-turning an normally steel shaft which you put a propeller on. the amount of current aplied to the magnets dictates the speed you get.hence the higher the power setting the faster you go. now if you are getting less torque. the less power it takes to turn at a givin setting.

wow i knew that master degree in electrical engineering would come in handy some day.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-05, 05:12 PM   #12
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

If you put your trolling motor on say 3 it draws more to turn the prop than a regular prop thats made for the motor. Sure it runs better, with more power, however it still draws more current to operate the prop.
Old 06-12-05, 12:24 PM   #13

;DI agree. I have a MinnKota 55 PD 12 volt on my river jet. Even with full power, I could not hold in the river. With the Kipawa I can now troll upriver with the power setting decreases to 8 [8of10]. Also less vibration

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.