Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 12-28-05, 07:37 AM   #1
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Great Weather...No Fish....until

I'm sure all of you have had the same happen but ever wonder what turned them on.

One of those high skie bluebird days, all the sun you could want, high barometer readings,glassy lake surface....you know the day. Aint caught jack. Then the wind breaks up the surface. Just a slight ripple on the surface. Then you start to get bit. No weather changes, no fronts moving in just a little wind to break up the surface.

A light should go on when this happens and make you realize a few things like....
A bass is a predator and needs to see as well as have the feeling that they cant be seen so therefore the wind breaks up the surface so they start to move about.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-05, 10:02 AM   #2
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Have seen the same several times. Infact at Norris local wisdom states that you cant catch fish on windless days let alone blue bird sky's. I believe the clearer the lake the more it applies. True wisdom Laser. Fish2win
Old 12-28-05, 10:35 AM   #3
Fishie

Yep I caught that PB on a very windy point and when the wind stoped pounding the point well the bites stoped.
Old 12-29-05, 05:25 PM   #4
bassnman30

High skies and high pressure. Thats not a good situation.
If you had some clouds and the pressure was not as high as you stated, you might have done better.
Old 12-29-05, 05:39 PM   #5
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Even with high pressure and blue bird skies, a angler shouldn't let that stop him/her from going and and trying.
It pays to figure out what will work on those type of days, down the road in a tournament it can pay off.
I'd used a pig n jig if it was really high pressure conditions, and fish slow.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-05, 07:46 PM   #6
Fishie

I actually only fish jigs in the spring throught fall. Not much of a winter jig fisherman. In the forum tourney back in September switching to a jig for high skies was the key in mid day. If I didn't do this I wouldn't have gotten biggest bass.
Old 12-29-05, 08:01 PM   #7
NJBassDevil
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie
I actually only fish jigs in the spring throught fall. Not much of a winter jig fisherman. In the forum tourney back in September switching to a jig for high skies was the key in mid day. If I didn't do this I wouldn't have gotten biggest bass.
And I would have won!

I caught all my fish in that tourny on a buzzbait in the early morning. It was a clear morning with warm conditions. I love my buzzbaits!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.