Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 11-29-11, 10:46 PM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Anyone flea-flick?

Tru-Tungsten Flea Flicker - $2.29
50% Off MSRP
Regular Price: $5.99
You Save: $3.00

Tru-Tungsten and Elite Tour bass pro, Mike Iaconelli teamed up to create the Flea Flicker wacky jig heads. Creating a slower rate of fall was of the utmost importance to Iaconelli and Tru-Tungsten, because when fishing a wacky style presentation, the vast majority of strikes occur on the fall. The Flea Flicker's tungsten head with its concave surface slows the bait's descent, significantly increasing its time in the strike zone. The head design also helps increase the vibration of the wacky rig, enhancing the action that much more. Equipped with Tru-Tungsten's new ultra-sharp Mattachi hooks, the Flea Flicker is a great performing wacky jig head, available in a variety of sizes and colors

joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-11, 04:19 PM   #2
joedog

Question Little confused

Should I assume no-one flea flicks?
Old 12-01-11, 05:39 PM   #3
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Should I assume no-one flea flicks?
Sometimes I will Flick a booger out the window.
My theory is that many many members here are flea flickin officianados but have taken the vow of silence in order to keep this deadly technique from spreading like wildfire across the bassin world and decimating fish stocks everywhere!
Old 12-01-11, 06:25 PM   #4
joedog

My theory is that many many members here are flea flickin officianados but have taken the vow of silence in order to keep this deadly technique from spreading like wildfire across the bassin world and decimating fish stocks everywhere!

That was my next guess!
Old 12-01-11, 07:53 PM   #5
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

It's more commonly called the Flick shake rig. it's usually rigged with a smaller finesse worm (<6"), using on a M-ML powered spinning rod, with light line.

It's good for warmer water when they're wanting a faster fall then a wacky rig, and good for colder water if they're wanting something closer to the bottom then a conventional wacky rig.
You can also give it little pops of the rod for a surprisingly erratic action. The head pops up and quickly goes back down, it's pretty cool!

Google it, and you'll find more info, youtube has got some pretty cool videos too. A bunch of Japanese folks in real clear water using it. You can't understand a word they say, but it's a good confidence booster IMO.
Old 12-01-11, 08:02 PM   #6
Tavery5

I don't have any of the flea flickers, but I did buy a few bags of the Jackall flick- shake, also a very good way to remove a booger, worms and jig heads when they first came out.
Old 12-01-11, 08:05 PM   #7
Jrob78

I've never used a jig head with a wacky rig, although I do have some Flick Shake Worms. I don't wacky rig a ton and when I do I usually use Senkos with no weight.

I have had really good luck using these weighted hooks and wacky rigged Trick Worms, but I haven't fished them in many years.
Old 12-01-11, 08:09 PM   #8
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
I don't have any of the flea flickers, but I did buy a few bags of the Jackall flick- shake, also a very good way to remove a booger, worms and jig heads when they first came out.
Hey T5 While reading your post I happened to glance over at your new avatar and immediately noticed that your right hand is actively engaged in the classic pre-flick "booger roll".
Old 12-01-11, 08:17 PM   #9
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
Hey T5 While reading your post I happened to glance over at your new avatar and immediately noticed that your right hand is actively engaged in the classic pre-flick "booger roll".

Good eye, I had hoped no one would notice, but these dang cell phones catch everything these days.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.