Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 07-04-05, 11:45 PM   #26
fastcat
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fastcat
Default Re: Anyone Fishing on the 4th?

That right there is the best lure I have ever used on the 4th............... Put some trebel hooks on there and its ready to go. Its very effective.All you have to do is find the fish
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-05, 01:10 PM   #27
Mossman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Mossman

What a great day! I could've thrown a terd on a hook and caught fish, they were biting everything, even topwater at 2 in the afternoon on a sunny 90 degree day. My buddy and I each had over 20 bass, 5 4lbs plus, lots of 1's and 2's and a few really nice pickerel 20 inches plus! Man I love days like that!
Mossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-05, 02:27 PM   #28
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

I just got back in and they are biting like mad here too.
Had 7 bass on the buzzbait in about as many casts...
I was scattering the buzzbait as I cranked it in, makes a splash like noise like shad moving, the bass couldn't resist...I wish it was that easy most of the time..
I switched to a craw dude from wave and got 3 more, but the bigger fish all came from the buzzbait, this time I used a 4 inch 2 bladed prop, along with a chartruse skirt and small 2 inch chartruse grub, also had a few half hearted hits on the spinner but the didnt really seem to want it, all the buzzbait fish were 16-18 inches,, not bad for up here in ohio.
Glad to hear others are doing so well 8)
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-05, 03:52 AM   #29
MAHAT
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to MAHAT

i was fishing on the 4th, i was camping on lake Somerville state park, we fished the lake the whole four days, and the fourht was the best day...me and a bud caught 6 largemouth that ranged from 10 to 14 inches and about 2 to 4 pounds...not too bad for one day. HAPPY 4th
MAHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-05, 08:11 AM   #30
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

I heard on another site, that the 6th of July, today will be the 2nd best day of the year to go fishing!!!
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-05, 10:34 PM   #31
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=JB link=board=news;num=1120425634;start=25#27 date=07/05/05 at 13:27:52]I just got back in and they are biting like mad here too.
Had 7 bass on the buzzbait in about as many casts...
I was scattering the buzzbait as I cranked it in, makes a splash like noise like shad moving, the bass couldn't resist...I wish it was that easy most of the time..
I switched to a craw dude from wave and got 3 more, but the bigger fish all came from the buzzbait, this time I used a 4 inch 2 bladed prop, along with a chartruse skirt and small 2 inch chartruse grub, also had a few half hearted hits on the spinner but the didnt really seem to want it, all the buzzbait fish were 16-18 inches,, not bad for up here in ohio.
Glad to hear others are doing so well 8)[/quote]

Sounds just like my monday. Buzzbait killed them for about 30minutes to an hour late 7:15pm-8:00PM Previous to that, I caught several on spinnerbaits, and Ghostbaits sweet beaver knockoffs. And a couple on the Baby paca craw, got no takers on a crank though :'( This was monday 7/6. The idiots were actually out skiing on the coal pit, and not just 1 but 4-5 at a time. This is a small probably 50 acre area where they can ski, with shallow points, laydowns, and narrow channels Last time I saw 2 boats skiing at the same time I came around a corner, and they were both stopped, with one having the ski rope of the other wrapped around it's prop : I'm just waiting for a someone to get killed bfore they ban skiing and tubing. Unfortunately that's what it usually takes :'( Anyway had a good 5 hours on the lake, just fished in the shaded banks(it was 93 degrees with 93% humidity). Then worked some shallows for the last bit of buzzbait fun ;D

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.