Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 06-27-05, 02:50 PM   #1

Default Anyone ever use Gulp?

hey ive fished the same pond for about 2 years with purple gulp and always had success. I make the presentation weedless because the pond has alot of algae and lilly pads. Lately Ive been getting bites and not been able to set the hook. Any suggestions on color or how i should set with these things?
Old 06-27-05, 02:54 PM   #2
FishinMommy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to FishinMommy
Default Re: Anyone ever use Gulp?

Gulp is a decent worm but it is too pricey for me. I would use a more natural color worm in green or brown.
FishinMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-05, 02:54 PM   #3
OKie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to OKie

What size hook are you using? If it is a 1/0 or 2/0 then it may be to small. Try buysing bigger hooks and throw some other baits. Buzz bait should work good in the lilly pad area in the morning and Tiki Sticks or senkos in the afternoon. Try throwing a weedless frog on the top of those lillies! That should work great!
OKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-05, 04:29 PM   #4
randerson52
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to randerson52

I love GULP! I like the sinking minnows in 4 inch. I use the wacky rig, I feel it gives the best action. I use it on a 1 or 2 sized baitholder hook, that way when I set the hook I can drive that hook into them!
randerson52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-05, 04:35 PM   #5
hershey
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to hershey

Ive never caught a fish on gulp, I dont know why though they smell realy bad so I thougth they would work better than some zooms that I stocked up on. For some strange reason, the next time I opened the package mabey a week later, the worms had no scent. A week after that, they had hardened. Ive stayed away from them ever since.
hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-05, 05:12 PM   #6
fishwitch
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fishwitch

if they get wet u gotto use them fast or they dry up like a stick make better kindling for a fire than bait i dont like it cuz they dry out and ive had very lil luck with them and they stink like a mfer u get that all over your boat its getts in the carpet and its stuck maybe its jus cuz im like phsyco about keepin my boat clean but hey if they work for you go for it and if u ever get lost in the wilderness with your fishin stuff u will always have somthin to start a fire with lol
red shad tikki stick and a 3/0 or 4/0 gamakatsu
fishwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-05, 05:21 PM   #7
fastcat
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to fastcat

I havent tried them but I am still favoring zoom cause they are not to expensive and are good quality worms............. I might buy a pack to try.....
fastcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-05, 10:05 PM   #8
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Eli, make sure your hooks are sharp-that often gets overlooked, and even hooks out of the package may need touching up.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.