Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 05-01-09, 06:45 AM   #201
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

C-rgi I think for the most part, it'll be fend for yourselves during the day. In alabama last year a couple people came in for lunch, including My dad and I w/ john. I think mostly because it was near 100 degrees and we were, after all, fishing from John's black Cajun boat.

BB
Old 05-01-09, 08:41 AM   #202
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
so i am probably a johnny come lately here but i am out in left field on the food plans.

1. is it fend for yourselves during the day and we all eat together at night? if so are we eating together every night, one night, two nights.......doesn't matter to us i was just wondering.

2. i seen zooker put us down for a side which is fine, anything specific or just whatever we want? again for how many dinners?

3. should we make a final list on here of who is bringing what so we all know where we stand?

inquiring minds want to know.
C-rig, I think that everynite they are going to have a cookout of some kind -- fishfry one and Zooker is grilling something one nite. We will get it worked out in the next few days.
Old 05-01-09, 05:41 PM   #203
zooker

as some of us tend to alternate between a zombie and a vampire due to our fishing hours.. i say fend fer your self in the morning and day. the evening we get togather and eat and talk chit...-which i am sure bama is full of-

zooker
Old 05-01-09, 05:46 PM   #204
carolina-rig-01

i generally don't eat all day when i fish anyways, maybe a pack of peanutt butter crackers but that is about it so that sounds good to us.
Old 05-01-09, 05:50 PM   #205
WTL

I cant help but wonder if yall are overplanning a wee bit. I know I wont eat much and would be fine bringing my own, although I may have a little beer and some fish to spare.

Quick Q?

What are the solunar tables and the moon phase? Cant rule out night fishing guys.
Old 05-01-09, 05:52 PM   #206
JB

I'llmunch on cheese crackers while fishing but once I get back to camp its a liquid diet till some form of road kill gets done charring on the grill LOL

(as zooker knows I'm not allowed to drink at home so this event will be the first beer I've had in ten years, gesh I miss ky lake)
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-09, 05:59 PM   #207
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post

Quick Q?

What are the solunar tables and the moon phase? Cant rule out night fishing guys.

full moon is this weekend.. in roughly 2 weeks the bass will be in post spawn.. nothing will put a grin on your grill like a smallie or a spot on top water at night...

i don't eat when i fish i may hit up some water or gatorade but rarely do i eat anything..

zooker
Old 05-01-09, 06:00 PM   #208
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
nothing will put a grin on your grill like a smallie or a spot on top water at night...

zooker
Oh i been there, done that....hence the question.

Just bought a energizer 50 lumens LED headlamp. Gotta get some hairjigs. Lighting in the spook is now set.
Old 05-01-09, 06:21 PM   #209
zooker

i got a couple of those led hat lights dey the ting man i tell ya..no distance but you can see to tie one on or to pick out one of those blasted backlashes..

zooker
Old 05-01-09, 06:33 PM   #210
WTL

Quote:
i got a couple of those led hat lights dey the ting man i tell ya..no distance but you can see to tie one on or to pick out one of those blasted backlashes..

zooker
Yea thats the real reason I got it. I dont expect that it will help me when it comes to casting.
Old 05-01-09, 06:36 PM   #211
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

WTL, I don't think we're over planning. I think we need to know what we're gonna do. I know we're gonna hit the jerky store before we come down and that'll be our main food out on the boat. besides that, water, dew and maybe some gatorade.

BB
Old 05-01-09, 06:46 PM   #212
WTL

I think we all realize we gotta go to the store before we arrive.

I just dont think we should have a list that says "1:00 pm saturday, everyone come off the lake so we can do this or that"

I said the exact same thing last year, and as I remember it we winged 98% of that trip. Worked pretty good except for my pos motor.
Old 05-01-09, 07:34 PM   #213
bamabassman

wtl, most likely it wil be like last years event. morning and lunch is on you. dinner will be ready and eat when ya come in. if ya want to eat and go back out. no problem. i like this idea. the fish fry is saturday night. jb is grilling thursday night (i think), and zooker is cooking, grilling or something friday night (right?). we are planning the fish fry for saturday night. that sound ok with everyone? if not, no problem to change and add or delete whatever ya'll want. lisa IS planning on the biscuits and egge gravy for breakfast sunday morning for whoever wants it. it will be at our place. cool?

and yes wtl...it went very well last year. even when your motor konked out it was great, we had a blast and had a great story to tell. but you ain't gotta do it again though, hahahahahahaha. i will have a tow rope in my rig for ANYONE that needs a tow. i suggest that everyone have one in theirs as well. thanks for reminding me too, gotta put it back in, lmao. i may the one that needs a tow this time. ya never know.
Old 05-01-09, 07:36 PM   #214
WTL

My motor has been working consistently okay all year long, so its sure to screw up upon arrival in 2 weeks. Lol.
Old 05-01-09, 07:39 PM   #215
bamabassman

just be sure to have REALLY BIG HOOK READY FOR WHEN WE TOW IT THIS TIME. remember we missed that wall hanger last year. hahahahahahaha.
Old 05-01-09, 07:43 PM   #216
WTL

hahahahaha,,,yeah,,,,jackass
Old 05-01-09, 07:54 PM   #217
bcklash

Anybody heard from Lowrider lately? Hope everything ok. He's on the list to come to the get togather.
Old 05-01-09, 09:33 PM   #218
zooker

not sure lash but i don't know if he is going to make it.. also have not heard a peep from rodman rat...in fact i don't think she has signed on since she gave the thumbs up...

i'll be call both tomarrow

zooker
Old 05-01-09, 09:41 PM   #219
bamabassman

thanks zooker. i think everyone needs to let us know for sure if they can. i am all geared up and ready. just gonna have to spit shine da cajun for ol zookie. he told me to have a "clean rig" when i arrived. lmao. we washed it real good. gonna TRY to put a wax job on it. supposed to rain off and on from now till the event. and i ain't got no shop to roll it into anymore.
Old 05-02-09, 09:13 PM   #220
JB

theres a new ky lake fishing report up, the bass are biting!

April 30, 2009

Kentucky Lake: Water Level at Ky Dam - 359.61 Surface Temperature - 67
Lake Barkley: Water Level at Barkley Dam - 359.65 Surface Temperature - 67

Both lakes are on a drawdown to summer pool levels. Both lakes are forecasted to reach summer pool levels at or near 359 by midnight tonight. Largemouth fishing has been very good this past week despite the high winds we had over the past weekend and early in the week. The Largemouth are on late prespawn and spawning patterns with some fish still on lead in banks to the spawning areas coming in for the spawn. Large numbers of fish are being taken, although most are short of legal limit size, some nice fish are also being taken. Crappie fishing was being reported as good early in the week but slowed a little with the dropping water the past few days, this should turn around when the lake stabilizes this weekend. I have gotten a number of reports of Crappie being taken still full of eggs so Crappie anglers should expect a good shallow water bite this coming week if the lake stays stable. Bluegill anglers are reported very good catches of fish shallow and on lead in banks just off the shallow spawning flats. The stationary front that has been stalled just to our west and sending us daily rain and storms this week is supposed to move thru the lakes area tomorrow. The front is forecasted to stall out just east of the area after passage and we have a chance of thunderstorms in the forecast every day next week until Friday. Boaters should be alert to changing weather and wind conditions with this unstable weather pattern. Since we are talking weather here, I mentioned in my last week's report that we had high winds in the forecast all thru the weekend and cautioned boaters to be very careful and heed the NWS lake area wind warnings. Unfortunately some did not and we had two drownings due to a boat capsizing in rough water on Kentucky Lake last Saturday afternoon. This is certainly a tragedy for all the families involved. Another drowning was reported last Saturday as a man was thrown from a bass boat and it was reported that his leg was entangled in an anchor line rope and since he did not have his kill switch attached the boat dragged the man around and he drowned. Please folks, if you are going to be out on the lake in a small boat when there are small craft advisories issued, wear your PFD, better yet, don't venture on the lakes in a small vessel when there are warnings issued. Those of you the drive the high performance boats such as the bass boats, wear your PFD and keep your kill switch attached when you are underway. These are simple things to do and can save your life if you are thrown from your boat.

Largemouth Bass: Largemouth Bass are being taken on lead in channel banks near the spawning areas in the cuts and the backs of the bays as well as on the spawning flats near button brush and submerged mustard flowers. These fish on the lead in banks are being taken on crankbaits, Texas rigged lizards and creature baits, spinnerbaits, shaky head worms, jigs and tube jigs. The shallow late prespawn and spawning fish are being taken on topwater lures, spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, lipless crankbaits, swim baits, Texas rigged lizards and creature baits, floating worms, dead stick worms, shaky head worms, jigs and tube jigs.

Smallmouth Bass: Smallmouth are being taken on gravel secondary points and associated creek channel banks in the front halves of the creeks and bays as well as on primary and secondary points on the main lake. These fish are being taken on jigs, tube jigs and curly tail jigs.

Some of the productive lures being reported this week are: Storm chug baits in shad patterns, Chatterbuzz buzzbaits in white, Hook Some Bass spinnerbaits in blue glimmer, Bandit crankbaits in rootbeer/chartreuse and parrot, Rapala DT series crankbaits in parrot, Strike King red eye shad in sexy shad, Zoom lizards in green pumpkin, green pumpkin/red, green pumpkin/chartreuse, green pumpkin/blue and watermelon/red, Reaction Innovations sweet beaver in watermelon and green pumpkin, Charmer timber pups in green pumpkin, Hook Some Bass vibe (chatterbait) and Booyah chatterbaits in blue glimmer, Charmer shaky head worms in watermelon/red and green pumpkin, Zoom trick worms in green pumpkin, watermelon/red, green pumpkin/blue, white, lemon, and florescent orange, Yamamoto senko and Ozark stickem worms in green pumpkin, Last Cast wooly bug jigs in green pumpkin with Net Baits matching baby paca craw trailer and Hook Some Bass tubes in green pumpkin and chameleon craw.

Crappie: Crappie are being taken in staging brush piles in the creeks and bays in 6-10 ft of water by casting curly tail jigs and road runner type lures as well as by fishing with minnows vertically over the brush. Some Crappie are also being taken shallow near wood cover on jigs and minnows fished under bobbers as well as by casting curly tail jigs.

Bluegill: Bluegill are being taken near wood cover and button brush on crickets and worms fished under bobbers and on worms fished on split shot rigs slow reeled on bottom. Some very good catches are being reported.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-09, 09:22 PM   #221
bamabassman

ALRIGHT JB! thanks bud. man i am SOOOOO ready hahahahahha. bout to pee on myself, lmao. no......not really. dang it, it's gonna be a LONG 2 weeks.
Old 05-02-09, 10:24 PM   #222
zooker

oh man some one get bama a depends.afore he ruins da carpet..

zooker
Old 05-02-09, 11:22 PM   #223
MississippiBoy

Carpet, zook? You think he has carpet in his house? Dirt floors for that Alabama boy...
Old 05-02-09, 11:25 PM   #224
bcklash

Quote:
oh man some one get bama a depends.afore he ruins da carpet..

Zooker
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippiboy View Post
carpet, zook? You think he has carpet in his house? Dirt floors for that alabama boy...
oh yea we gonna have a blast in kentucky.
Old 05-03-09, 09:10 AM   #225
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
Carpet, zook? You think he has carpet in his house? Dirt floors for that Alabama boy...
point takin sippi

i guess brother love can afford carpet over his dirt floor.. it would explain his boat...lol...

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.