Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 03-05-12, 01:15 PM   #51
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Daniel, NFE has a big cabin reserved for the week. I believe it's 3 BR, not sure how many beds. As far as I know there are only 4 of us in that unit and I don't think there would be any problem with you bunking with us - AS LONG AS YOU BEHAVE! He'll probably be checking this particular post and comment. The reservation is in his name, so it will be his decison, I only comment so he know's it's fine by me.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 01:55 PM   #52
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Are we seriously down to 8 people?

3BDRM Cabin:
Bryce
Matt
Bruce
Doc Irv
Daniel (of course you are welcome to stay with us)

2BDRM Cabin:
Ron
Adam
Mark

Man...that is depressing.
Should I just tell Stephen Headrick not to come?
Old 03-05-12, 02:11 PM   #53
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Still a bigger turnout than the last Dale Hollow event.

We haven't cancelled our reservation yet, hoping someone would like to take it from us since we got the lower price from Black Friday.

BB
Old 03-05-12, 05:04 PM   #54
MississippiBoy

8 people....man, that does suck. Life definitely has a way of doing what it wants with us. "The best laid plans of mice and men," I guess...
Thanks for the offer, Bryce. I will probably take you up on that. Tonight, John is going to double check that Krystal and her mom aren't coming. I didn't want to let that go until their absence is certain. If they're not coming, which is about 95% likely, I'll write a letter (who does that anymore? Geez....) to Cedar Hill officially releasing my reservation on the 2 bedroom cabin.
Their website says they refund 80% of your deposit if you cancel more than 30 days before your reservation....that refund should cover my part of the rental for the big cabin for the 3 nights I'll be there.
Old 03-05-12, 05:20 PM   #55
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
that refund should cover my part of the rental for the big cabin for the 3 nights I'll be there.
But it will not cover the therapy you're going to need after rooming with doc.
Old 03-11-12, 08:27 PM   #56
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
But it will not cover the therapy you're going to need after rooming with doc.
...and Nofearengineer and Bassboogieman.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 08:36 PM   #57
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post

-Mark
LOL.

Hey Bruce...sounds like Woody just promised to spend an evening at our cabin to get educated.
Old 03-11-12, 09:33 PM   #58
bassboogieman

Man Bryce, I was just happy you said DOC, rather than busting me. Really, that was nice but then Woody jumps in and blasts us with one shot. Dang both barrels. Harsh man, just harsh. But we have a couple months to plan our retribution, and since John won't be there this time, Mark deserves ALL our attention.

But eight guys, that's enough. It isn't the number IT'S THE QUALITY.
Old 03-11-12, 10:44 PM   #59
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
But eight guys, that's enough. It isn't the number IT'S THE QUALITY.
Then we're in even worse shape than I thought....

Have we decided on what we're doing for meals? Celina isn't too far, so there may be a restaurant or two there we could invade. Are we still doing a fish fry one night, or do we want to change that into maybe a grilled hamburger or steak night? I'm really open to anything, I'm just no good at filleting fish, plus I probably won't catch a damn thing, so.....
Old 03-11-12, 11:21 PM   #60
bassboogieman

There is a resturant on site, that's one option. Grilling steaks, or hamburgers is always good. Resturants off site is fine with me. I really am not picky. NFE is no problem as he eats right from the can so anything that is served on a plate is a BONUS!
Old 03-12-12, 12:10 AM   #61
nofearengineer

Celina is a very small town. There are a couple of fast food joints, and a diner or two that I know of, though I probably haven't seen it all yet. I will ask around if there is a higher end place to get dinner.

I say we plan on a fish fry, with steaks or burgers as a fall-back plan. I'll bring some of everything but the fish. We'll have a good meal for Friday lunch maybe.
Old 03-12-12, 10:27 AM   #62
IUbass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Celina is a very small town. There are a couple of fast food joints, and a diner or two that I know of, though I probably haven't seen it all yet. I will ask around if there is a higher end place to get dinner.

I say we plan on a fish fry, with steaks or burgers as a fall-back plan. I'll bring some of everything but the fish. We'll have a good meal for Friday lunch maybe.
El Ray Azteca is pretty good....cant go wrong with the new Subway.... and Dale Hollow one stop BBQ is also very good... then top if off with the A-frame at night
IUbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 07:54 PM   #63
woody

I googled a list of restaurants.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&su...2&ved=0CAYQtgM

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 08:14 PM   #64
bassboogieman

Quote:
El Ray Azteca is pretty good
Sounds Mexican, I don't eat Mexican if I'm going out on the boat the next day. Actually I don't eat Mexican unless I plan on spending the next day sitting on the crapper. And since I don't ever plan on spending a day that way - get the picture? I don't like eating in a Subway either, too much noise from the trains, not to mention a good place to get mugged. Dale Hollow BBQ sounds great, so one out of three ain't bad!
Old 03-12-12, 08:17 PM   #65
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post

-Mark
Quote:
Man Bryce, I was just happy you said DOC, rather than busting me. Then Woody jumps in and blasts us with one shot. Dang both barrels. But we have a couple months to plan our retribution
There will be pictures and what happens at the Hollow won't stay at the Hollow.
Old 03-12-12, 09:22 PM   #66
bcklash

Default issiboy got a ?

MississippiBoy are bring your boat To DH?
Old 03-12-12, 09:26 PM   #67
bamabassman

ron.........IF he gets it fixed he is. i've been on his arse for quite a while now aobut it. he has a LOT to do between now and the hollow........
Old 03-12-12, 10:09 PM   #68
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Ok, I have a question about cabins. On the official rooster on the first page, there are several people on there that aren't coming. Dangit...
Anyway, I've got a 2 bedroom cabin reserved, but none of my cabin mates are able to attend now. John, Lisa, Crystal, her mother, and my wife Louann are all not coming. So, I don't need a 2 bedroom cabin anymore. Also, Jeff and Anthony (I assume) still have their 2 bedroom reserved, and they can't make it, either. So, what should I do? Should I keep the cabin I have, or is there room for me in another cabin, or should I try to swap to a 1 bedroom? Cabin 30 is the only single that I found, but the motel(s) is/are another option, if there's space to park my truck/trailer.
By the way, I hate the way they make you find a cabin on the map....run the mouse around, click everywhere that the pointer turns into a hand, and see what you've landed on. It's kind of like roulette....

Bahahahahahaha!
Old 03-12-12, 11:48 PM   #69
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
Bahahahahahaha!
Man, I'm glad somebody finally caught that....I wasn't getting ANY love on that one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
MississippiBoy are bring your boat To DH?
Yessir, I am. Don't pay any attention to John about how bad of shape it's in....I just have to replace the bunks on the trailer sometime between now and then, and grease the bearings. No worries...
Old 03-14-12, 08:18 PM   #70
MallenManson

Quote:
Man, I'm glad somebody finally caught that....I wasn't getting ANY love on that one....

Yessir, I am. Don't pay any attention to John about how bad of shape it's in....I just have to replace the bunks on the trailer sometime between now and then, and grease the bearings. No worries...
LMAO! I was tempted to refrain, since I'm a non attendee, and muddying up the event thread....but nobody else said anything!!!!!!
Old 03-14-12, 08:57 PM   #71
bcklash

Quote:

Since you and Woody both are bringing your boats, I would love to fish with you guys for a few hours while we are there. If you don't mind.
Old 03-14-12, 11:42 PM   #72
MississippiBoy

Ron, you are welcome in my boat anytime. You don't even have to ask, just jump in. I can't speak for Mark, but I'm sure he feels the same way.
Old 03-15-12, 04:00 PM   #73
bcklash

Thanks Daniel
Old 03-15-12, 05:41 PM   #74
IUbass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Sounds Mexican, I don't eat Mexican if I'm going out on the boat the next day. Actually I don't eat Mexican unless I plan on spending the next day sitting on the crapper. And since I don't ever plan on spending a day that way - get the picture? I don't like eating in a Subway either, too much noise from the trains, not to mention a good place to get mugged. Dale Hollow BBQ sounds great, so one out of three ain't bad!
Haha fair enough, I got the picture.... Dale Hollow 1 Stop BBQ is great, but get there before close they tend to run out of pulled pork at like 8 depending on how crowded it is. (which by the way, get the pulled pork, its amazing). Just take a left on 53 and its a half mile down on your left attached to the gas station. If you hit the bridge you have gone too far.)

Honestly, I LOVE the Cedar Hill Restaurant... and they let you bring your own beer in which is always nice!

I am going to try to make it down on the 11 to the 13th. It would be awesome and great to meet some of you guys.
IUbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-12, 07:01 PM   #75
MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUbass View Post
Haha fair enough, I got the picture.... Dale Hollow 1 Stop BBQ is great, but get there before close they tend to run out of pulled pork at like 8 depending on how crowded it is. (which by the way, get the pulled pork, its amazing). Just take a left on 53 and its a half mile down on your left attached to the gas station. If you hit the bridge you have gone too far.)

Honestly, I LOVE the Cedar Hill Restaurant... and they let you bring your own beer in which is always nice!

I am going to try to make it down on the 11 to the 13th. It would be awesome and great to meet some of you guys.

If I'd have known all this, I would have shown up!
Some day....sigh....

I hope those of you attending have a blast, and take lots of pics.
I'll be living vicariously through you (cept for Bryce...shudders....)

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.