Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 08-04-12, 02:37 PM   #1
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default 2013 Dale Hollow Get-Together

Anyone interested in a Dale Hollow Get-Together, next May 2013?

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-12, 03:01 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Yesssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-12, 03:25 PM   #3
bcklash

Yes indeed
Old 08-04-12, 04:55 PM   #4
nofearengineer

Gosh...I don't know.....
Old 08-04-12, 05:44 PM   #5
nobass

heck yes. alot closer than maryland
Old 08-04-12, 06:51 PM   #6
WTL

Yall work it out amongst yourselves and I will try. I do think that the Potomac is a great venue, but so is El Salto and so is Biwa, we do have to keep in mind who can get to where.

Maybe good economic times will hit again and we can do something not right in the middle of the "viewing area", like lake Michigan, or Falcon, or Kissimmee. I think sometimes people on the outside of the ring of fire really want to show off their home lakes, cause we are always hitting up tennessee, kentucky or alabama, but the reason is more in convenience.
Old 08-04-12, 07:02 PM   #7
nofearengineer

Well, I was going to stop at Dale even if we went to the Potomac. Just think it all through, and I'll be cool with whatever.
Old 08-04-12, 08:05 PM   #8
woody

The idea of planning a Dale Hollow trip is by in no means intended to replace the purposed Potomac trip.

Let's face it, this is a big and broad country and most of us are limited to fishing a certain region of it. (I myself would not be willing to drive that distance to the Potomac to fish , just saying.) With the broad regional range of our membership, planning these events should not be limited to just one venue. Obviously what makes these events successful are those that are in attendance and the successes that they are able to share with one another at these events.

Again, I say that my intentions are not to undermine the Potomac event.

-Mark
Old 08-04-12, 11:21 PM   #9
bamabassman

in my instance....heading up norht is not in the budget. as much as i would ABSOLUTLY LOVE TO GO! i jsut can't see lisa and i making that long of a haul. so dale would be great for us.

it's like i said a couple of years ago. i don't see why we can't have this event take place in EVERY CORNER of the country. there is no need of having it at jsut one place and call it the only or official event. make them ALL the event.

one day i hope to do what billy has been doing this summer. travel the country and fish in as many waters as i can. doubt if i will be able to do it. but i want to say i tried anyway.

we ahve enough members that this can happen in the north, south, east coast, west coast and in the middle. so if it was up to me. HAVE IT EVERYWHERE WE CAN.

jsut my opion folks. it ain't about WHERE it happens. it's about getting together and SHARING. having a good time. and meeting members .

ok, enough ramblings.
Old 08-05-12, 02:08 AM   #10
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Well heck I am in.....
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-12, 04:53 AM   #11
Hoosier
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Im definately in on this one its only 4 hours from my house.
Hoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-12, 05:03 AM   #12
kennethdaysale

I think the regional thing is a good idea, not just for the sake of economics but to boost attendance. I don't know how many members usually attend these events, maybe 10 or 15?.(and I'm guessing probably the same 10 or 15) Possibly if we divided the country into 4 or 5 regions, set the dates and lakes well in advance, we could have 20 or 30 at each.

There are some of you guys I'd like to meet and fish with and just shake your hand. There are others that I'd love to knock a pot knot on your head. A pot knot so big that the local airport would have to quickly begin diverting arrivals and departures around that sucker!
Old 08-05-12, 05:07 AM   #13
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasspider View Post
Well heck I am in an awkward position here. What do people that show up where they are not wanted called? If I did show up without an armed posse would I get my a$$ kicked all over town. Why am I even posting on this thread. I don't think even my mother loves me.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>
Old 08-05-12, 07:03 AM   #14
keithdog

Just throwing this out there. I wasn't at the event, but I remember a lot of good things being said about the get together at Kentucky Lake. Wasn't there cabins with docks right on the lake? That would be very convenient. I know a lot of praise was handed out about that event.
Old 08-05-12, 11:38 AM   #15
woody

This is where we would be staying. it's also where we stayed earlier this year. I'm sure the others would agree that the resort was very accommodating and in a great location on the lake near alot of good fishing spots. One other good thing to note about the resorts location is that it is only a few miles away from the town of Celina and Stephen Headrick's One Stop Bait/Tackle.

I was very impressed with the marina and staff, which are on site 24 hours and day. (slip rentals are available)

Here's a link to their site.www.cedarhillresort.com

-Mark
Old 08-05-12, 01:02 PM   #16
bcklash

Mark, the bandit and I are all in--ready to go. In fact, I think I'm going to go down and tie on some topwater poppers right now.
Old 08-05-12, 01:15 PM   #17
nofearengineer

If you do go back to Cedar Hill, remember last year they had a "Black Friday" special. The rates were super low.
Old 08-05-12, 01:49 PM   #18
bassboogieman

Way too far for me to repeat that trip. Especially since the fishing was NOT awesome. It was ok, but ok will not get me to drag a boat or even a kayak 14 hours again. I'm limiting myself to one long fishing trip per year and that will likely be Florida in mid/late Feb to break up the winter cabin fever. I get it that it's a much shorter drive for most of you guys, and the facility was ok too, nice resturant and I hope they were successful. But after the 16 hours to Wheeler and the 14 hrs to Dale, for blah fishing at Wheeler and ok fishing at Dale, I'm done with the multi-long-distance thing. Really, there is much better fishing much closer to home. So enjoy, while I will miss the people, I can't justify the expense or time to go South more than once per year.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-12, 05:09 PM   #19
bamabassman

can't say i blame oyu bruce. it IS a VERY long way. i wish oyu could make it. but i understand.
Old 08-05-12, 05:22 PM   #20
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
Mark, the bandit and I are all in--ready to go. In fact, I think I'm going to go down and tie on some topwater poppers right now.
That's great to hear!

-Mark
Old 08-05-12, 05:23 PM   #21
bassboogieman

If anyone from Florida, or general vicinity, wants to hook up in Florida in Feb, keep that in mind. We are still considering locations, last year Central Florida was good. We are checking information about fishing the Keys, the northern keys sound good, but we need further research on areas accessible by kayak. I've been to Marathon and Islemorada and that's a possiblity too. Also under consideration are the Tampa Bay area for snook, that would be fun. Stay tuned as winter sets in, we will be settling on a choice. No need to comment here, I'll have a post later about our plans, but if you have any interest in meeting up in Fl. keep us in mind.
Old 08-05-12, 05:31 PM   #22
woody

Hey Bruce.. that should be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
If you do go back to Cedar Hill, remember last year they had a "Black Friday" special. The rates were super low.
Will do... thanks for the reminder.

-Mark
Old 08-05-12, 05:33 PM   #23
nobass

backlash if you are planning on attending back up at least 4 to 6 minths for your surgery that way you should be able to handle bending/ knealing on your knees is a indivual thing i am still not comfrotible enough with that even with a knealing pad and knee pads. just something to keep in mind. but then you have bandit to land the fish
Old 08-05-12, 05:33 PM   #24
nobass

backlash if you are planning on attending back up at least 4 to 6 minths for your surgery that way you should be able tohandle bending knealing on your knees is a indivuk thing i am still not comfrtible enough with that even with a knealing pad and knee pads. just something to keep in mind. but then you have bandit to land the fish
Old 08-05-12, 05:37 PM   #25
bassboogieman

I can't kneel with the implants I have, strickly forbidden. I don't know about the new ones like the Stryker. It certainly makes lipping a bass difficult, but that's what a net is for and I don't have to worry about it in a kayak, you're so close to the water.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.