Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > What's New

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-11, 03:27 PM   #1
Kevin
Administrator

Arrow NEW REVIEW: MotorGuide vs. Minn Kota Trolling Motors

Hey Guys,

I have an AWESOME thing to share with you. Andrew Youderian of TrollingMotors.net has put together a BassFishin.Com exclusive report comparing the differences between Minn Kota and MotorGuide trolling motors. He goes in-depth on all the major shopping decisions that an angler makes and shows you the truth about what to expect in terms of value, service and support, features, and more! Check it out...

Minn Kota vs. MotorGuide: Trolling Motor Comparison Report

Old 06-06-11, 06:35 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Thankyou Kevin, I found this to be very interresting. This is one of those topics that always draws a line in the sand, such as Garcia vs Shimano or Nikon vs Cannon. Despite the fact that Garcia and Nikon are clearly superior, the debate still wages on, lol. I had to get that in. I found it interresting that MotorGuide was given the edge for value, Minn Kota was given a very clear advantage for advanced features. It therefore only makes sense to me that Minn Kota would naturally be a more expensive motor if it's packed with more features. So if the features are something the buyer deems important, then Minn Kota may actually have a greater value to that buyer. And while MotorGuide has more service centers available nationwide, the customer phone support to me is a biggie! I'm a Motor Guide owner and last year I needed a new hight adjustment bracket. After having some trouble getting what I needed over the phone I finally went to our local BPS where it was purchased and they ordered the part I needed. While I've always been a big supporter of MotorGuide, my next motor just might be a Minn Kota.
Old 06-22-11, 01:21 PM   #3
Bassman34
BassFishin.Com Member

Iv owned both MK and MG & i'll take a MG any day, i have always felt they are better quality
Old 06-28-11, 10:34 PM   #4
Philla
BassFishin.Com Member

Hi Guys

Here in South Africa Jarvis Walker is hitting the market big time,what do you guys think of their products.
Old 08-25-11, 05:25 AM   #5
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Ive owned both,and ill take the mk any day,the reason mg has so many more service centers is because the motor needs it a lot sooner than any mk does.
Ive burnt up rheostat switches,foot on off,and circuit boards all in MG,none in MK and have been using current one for about 7 years.24v -70 pd thrust used 100 hrs a year or more.
They MG do have a nearby service center in Dover Tn,they need it.
Old 08-26-11, 09:03 PM   #6
TN_Bassin
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

When we first got our Fortrex it came with the directional arrow broken on the inside. Got the part with no trouble at all. I'm guessing this damage happened during shipping, but it could have been a quality control issue. Other than that, I prefer the MK foot pedal over the MG simply because I'm used to MK (the MG foot pedal seems backwards to me).

I've had people swear to me that a MG makes next to 0 noise when compared to a MK, but I honestly couldn't tell the difference.

As for the feature over value thing I agree with Keith, more bang for your buck, at least for me, includes the features that come in the deal, not just the price. When you go to a steak house and order a 12oz NY strip you assume 2 sides come with it, but when you get your plate you realize you just got mashed potatoes. I understand that for the purpose of the review they used LB thrust as a basis for comparison, but it seems to me that the 50-100 bucks more on the high end MK could be justified with the extra features that come with it. Not disagreeing with the review just offering my perspective.
Old 08-29-11, 12:03 AM   #7
luckyfish
BassFishin.Com Member

I received an invitation to attend The 3rd China Guangzhou International Fishing Fair2012 & The 2nd Global Lure Cultural Festival 2012( Fish Guangzhou2012) which will be held in China Import & Export Fair Pazhou Complex from Mar. 9 th --11 th, 2012
The following excerpt was interesting:
1.The 2 nd Global Lure Cultural Festival 2012
2. The 2 nd China International Casting Sports Championships
3. The Top 10 Brands Selection 2012
It must be very interesting, Anyone who wants to go with me?
Closed Thread

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.