Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-22-11, 07:30 PM   #1
regulator223
BassFishin.Com Member

Default G3 pro 185 boat?

Can anyone tell me any info on a 2000 G3 mv Pro boat? Was looking at one and just dont know much about them.

Are they an all welded boat or rivetted? And does that even make much of a difference? Im new to aluminum boats just not sure what im lolling at. seen a few for sale on the net for a decent price just not sure how good of boat they really are!

I would be using it on lakes and Ohio river. Would this boat hold up to that?

Also does anyone know the overall specs on this boat?

Thanks guys!!!!
regulator223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-11, 10:23 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i believe the g3's are all welded rigs. i personally wouldn't have a rivet boat. i see LOTS of them on the water, so it has to be a good boat. don't know about the ohio river pal. but the ones i see are all over the tenn river, coosa, and in the mobile delta.

you can probably lok up the specs on thier website. google it.
Old 04-25-11, 09:35 AM   #3
Lvitch
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Riveted boats leak. My buddy has a 175 g3. It's a good boat and dosent bob as much as other alum boats I've been in. Decent storage as well.
Old 04-25-11, 05:18 PM   #4
bamabassman

i saw and PERSONALLY looked at a g3 up close the other day. talked to the guy who just bought it too. he said that it was everything advertised and more. it is all welded with aircraft gauge aluminum. takes choppy water great. his had a 115 hp yamerhammer on it. it was 17 1/2 foot long. nice deck, only problem was he said.......rod lockers. if he could go back, he told me he would get the bigger one with twin rod lockers on it. more storage too. i liked it alot myself. nice rig.
Old 04-25-11, 09:12 PM   #5
doc
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I fish out of lowriders g3 he has i believe an 18 1/2 footer with the double rod lockers that bama was talking about, 115 yamma on his also. Great boat, fully loaded it'll run about 45. the only complaint I have is the rod locker on the driver side, with the console positioned the way it is. Rods are hard to get in and out of that locker. Otherwise great boat.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-11, 10:47 PM   #6
regulator223
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
I fish out of lowriders g3 he has i believe an 18 1/2 footer with the double rod lockers that bama was talking about, 115 yamma on his also. Great boat, fully loaded it'll run about 45. the only complaint I have is the rod locker on the driver side, with the console positioned the way it is. Rods are hard to get in and out of that locker. Otherwise great boat.

I was trying to get ahold of him by private message but guess he hasnt been on here. I seen he had about the exact boat as that one. Just wanted to ask him a few questions. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-26-11, 09:09 AM   #7
doc

Ill give him a call and ask him to get on.
Old 04-26-11, 10:42 AM   #8
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Here I am. To answer your most important question, mine has no problem getting on plane. And mine is loaded all the time with 2 people, gear, and water in the livewell. Make sure you trim all the way in before hammering on it. Then after on plane trim to where it feels best. Watch the trim guage, at wide open I put mine almost to the half mark.

And about your prop, YES, change out to a stainless as soon as possible. I'm not sure the pitch of mine but I'll find out for you as soon as I can.

You bought a great boat, and didn't overpay. Now go enjoy it.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-11, 05:20 PM   #9
regulator223
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
Here I am. To answer your most important question, mine has no problem getting on plane. And mine is loaded all the time with 2 people, gear, and water in the livewell. Make sure you trim all the way in before hammering on it. Then after on plane trim to where it feels best. Watch the trim guage, at wide open I put mine almost to the half mark.

And about your prop, YES, change out to a stainless as soon as possible. I'm not sure the pitch of mine but I'll find out for you as soon as I can.

You bought a great boat, and didn't overpay. Now go enjoy it.

Hey thanks for takin the time to answer that for me. When we tried it out the guy couldnt get it to plane very easy at all. The water was real rough and he said it was shallow where he was trying at. I just thought it may be to heavy in back with 2 people live well battteries and that big 115 yamaha.

We havnt had it out on water yet but should by the end of the week.

And if you do find out your prop pitch that would be great. I will post ours on here when I figure it out.

I might ask ya a few more questions once I get it on water if you dont mind lol....
Old 04-26-11, 08:17 PM   #10
bamabassman

wel,well,well......look who FINALLY showed up for a minute. now where int the sam blazes you been lowraider? gonna hang around for a while ? missed you partner.
Old 04-26-11, 08:41 PM   #11
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
wel,well,well......look who FINALLY showed up for a minute. now where int the sam blazes you been lowraider? gonna hang around for a while ? missed you partner.

He has been hangin out at another forum
Old 04-26-11, 10:14 PM   #12
bamabassman

Traitor!!!!! Hahahaha!!!
Old 04-26-11, 11:04 PM   #13
lowrider

Ask away, regulator, I'll help ya any way I can. I'll go look at my prop tomorrow and see if I can get a pitch on it.

The only other thing I can suggest is changing the trolling motor. That 43lb will do, but you'll find out that a little extra will come in handy, especially fishing rivers. If your boat is like mine it already has, or has room for, a 3 battery setup. That make changing to a 24v motor as easy as changing the way the batts are hooked up. Me and Doc put a 70lb Minn Kota Maxxum on mine and the difference is amazing.

And Bama, I promise to hang around a little more.....
Old 04-28-11, 01:45 PM   #14
lowrider

Regulator, I looked at my prop and it has a 23-k stamped on it. Since it was already on there when I got the boat, I have no clue as to what brand it is. Hope that helps when you start prop shopping.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.