Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 02-07-05, 11:33 PM   #1
bigman15
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigman15
Default A wonderful weekend....NOT!!

Hey guys. The tourney this weekend sucked. Out of 136 boaters, and 136 non boaters, about 65 people brought home fish. I was not one of the 65. We had a warm spell about 2 weeks before, and then had a really bad cold snap four days before, and it had the fish all messed up. I threw everything but the tackle box at them, and nothing worked. But on the bright side, I did get to do some things I never have, and I have got somethings to work on before the next one in March. Thought I'd let ya'll know.
bigman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-05, 11:49 PM   #2
GeeBeeJim

Default Re: A wonderful weekend....NOT!!

Yer know what would really be nice ? It would be real nice if a person reading these forums could know what part of the country he was hearing from.
For example - Trav speaks of a tourney, and some weather conditions that he experienced, but we don't know where. It would make a much more interesting story if we knew where he was talking about.

Maybe this sites moderators or designers could include the persons home state under his avatar ?

Whatcha all think ?

> Jim, Tucson

Old 02-07-05, 11:58 PM   #3
Infisherman1
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Infisherman1

In that situation I'd have gone with about a 4" creature bait or a finnesse worm, pitching it into cover that was largely overlooked by the rest of the competition for one reason or another. And fish it slow.
Infisherman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-05, 12:06 AM   #4
bigman15
BassFishin.Com Member

I tried a baby brush hog, a senko, a jig-pig, carolina rig, drop shot, baby rattel traps, everything I had. But the lake was tough on everyone. They guy who won the tourney, was a local from around the corner. The difference between first place, and second place was over 10lbs.

BTW, I was fishing Lake Seminole in Southwest Ga.
Old 02-08-05, 12:49 AM   #5
GeeBeeJim

[quote author=Big_Bad_Trav link=board=MessBoards;num=1107829997;start=0#3 date=02/07/05 at 22:06:21]

BTW, I was fishing Lake Seminole in Southwest Ga.[/quote]

What was the water temp Trav, any idea ?

> Jim
Old 02-08-05, 09:09 AM   #6
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=DJ link=board=MessBoards;num=1107829997;start=0#1 date=02/07/05 at 21:49:11]Yer know what would really be nice ? It would be real nice if a person reading these forums could know what part of the country he was hearing from.
For example - Trav speaks of a tourney, and some weather conditions that he experienced, but we don't know where. It would make a much more interesting story if we knew where he was talking about.

Maybe this sites moderators or designers could include the persons home state under his avatar ?

Whatcha all think ?

> Jim, Tucson

[/quote]

DJ,

If you'll look in the signature box of most of us, you'll see where we are from. Rebasser made the suggestion awhile ago, for everyone to put it in their signature, so many of us did.

BBT,

Sorry about the no fish deal, but it sounds like you learned a few things, got better aquainted with tourney's, and are now a better fisherman. The conditions sound rough indeed, and at least you didn't blank, when everyone else was catching fish Keep working at it, and you'll win one. 8)

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-05, 06:48 PM   #7
bigman15
BassFishin.Com Member

Depending what part of the lake you were on, it was between 45-55 degrees.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.