Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-20-09, 10:46 AM   #1
phillipgr11
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Rods and Reels for Sale

I bought out a sporting goods store at auction. Here are some of the rods and reels I m selling. All are new in the box

Reels

Quantum Tour PT 150.00
ABU Garcia Revo STX 130.00
Shimano Calais CL200A 275.00
Shimano Scorpion Antares 250.00
Shimano Calais 200dc 440.00 2
Shimano Chronarch CH100b 150.00
Shimano Curado 200DPV 125.00 2

RODS

Diawa Steez STZ 631 MHFBA 250.00
Castaway HG40 Titanium Series SK-WRH66 120.00
2IG Ultra Strike XMB-644 120.00
G-Loomis BCR854 130.00
G-Loomis FGR-863 140.00
Shimano Cumara CUC- X72MH 150.00
Castaway HG40 Titanium SK-FR76 120.00
G-Loomis GLX Ranger BCFR894 325.00
G-Loomis BCFR 893 325.00
G-Loomis SBR 752 125.00
E21 Carrot Stix Boyd Duckett CG-691MH 115.00
Castaway HG40 Titanium SK-7M 125.00
St. Croix Legend Tournament HAD9721 175.00
G-Loomis GLX BCR-803 250.00
G-Loomis Crank Bait Series CBR-841 150.00
G-Loomis IMX MBR-784c 170.00
phillipgr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 05:48 PM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Has anyone purchased any rods or reels from this guy?

BB
Old 01-28-10, 08:04 PM   #3
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I like to have that Revo but he would have to send it to me before I send him any money.
Old 01-28-10, 10:27 PM   #4
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I am a serious buyer. I tried to send a PM but it came back. What kind of deal would you make me if I bought all of your Loomis stock?
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 10:43 PM   #5
BigBassin144

Vegas, I'd seriously read this ENTIRE thread before considering purchasing anything from him.

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerot...=400917&page=1

I contacted him about his Cumara rod for sale. He said he wanted a credit card or a money order. I don't have a credit card, so I went and got a money order. Sent it friday. Told me he let me know when he got it and would ship the rod out. Haven't heard from him so I send him about 3 emails. all were returned. Now I'm out 125 bucks and wish I would have found this thread a week earlier...

The thread has his phone number. I definately plan on calling him.

BB
Old 01-29-10, 12:29 AM   #6
BassBandit
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Vegas, I'd seriously read this ENTIRE thread before considering purchasing anything from him.

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerot...=400917&page=1
Wow. Thanks for the head up!
BassBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 03:01 AM   #7
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Scum at its best.
Old 01-29-10, 11:44 AM   #8
Vegasspider

Well thanks for the heads up. A couple of things here, one is someone needs to go to his house or place of business ski mask style. Really just put one on let know who you are don’t ouch him just show him your crazy and you want your money or stuff. We don’t need no stinking police……….

On a serious note, this is why I don’t use PayPal. They really don’t help. I for one never will use them again. I was lucky enough to get a scam pulled on me as the seller and they froze all of my funds for six months. Google PayPal issues and you will see what I am talking about.

I don’t have the answer on how to make sure buying from a forum is going to be a good experience but PayPal aint it….

FYI-It’s not a felony what he did since he used Pay Pal in the other thread. (See fine print in both seller and buyer agreement with Pay Pal) However, in the case of sending a money order through the mail it’s a whole different story. The States Attorney’s office in the state you sent it from and the state he received it in is the proper source for getting to bottom of things.

Sorry this happen to you……….
Old 01-29-10, 11:47 AM   #9
BigBassin144

I've fiilled out the forms with the USPS to track the money order and see who's cashed it. when they find out, they'll let me know, and if it was fraudulently cashed (does this count as fradulent?) then they will do an investigation.

BB
Old 01-29-10, 12:57 PM   #10
Justin2729

Wow, that's pretty low to do something like that
Justin2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 01:29 PM   #11
muddy

Wow, sounded too good. I am sorry for you fellas out of money, You should go to a few other sites and check out what this guy NATURAL did, stole a ton of stolens stuff on several boards, now the law is looking at him and i am sure have looked at the sites and maybe contacting some of his unsuspecting customers. Last heard he was on the Lam.
muddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 02:40 PM   #12
bassboogieman

I don't buy from someone with a SMALL number of postings. Makes me really suspicious when someone comes around and immediatly wants to post items for sale. I'm not going to be his first customer. Let a track record get established first. And I know first-hand you'll get nowhere in a dispute through PayPal, they are no help at all. Same goes for using PayPal, I use it when I know or have dealt with a person before. The USPS Money Order offers a bit more backing as you can get sellers for mail fraud
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 02:49 PM   #13
nofearengineer

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, Anthony. The very first thing I ever bought on ebay was a scam, and I lost $200. The guy went to prison, but I was still out the money. It took a long time before I would ever buy anything online again. It taught me a good lesson though. I'm much more careful now. However, I do still get worried anytime I buy something on ebay.

This guy deserves a late night trip out to the cornfield, if you take my meaning.
Old 01-29-10, 03:37 PM   #14
BassBandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
I don't buy from someone with a SMALL number of postings. Makes me really suspicious when someone comes around and immediatly wants to post items for sale. I'm not going to be his first customer. Let a track record get established first.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Make ya wonder if they really do have items in possession. More likely not.

For instance - http://bassfishin.com/bassfishingfor...001#post275001

Lame
BassBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 03:51 PM   #15
BassinNC

Yeah that's bull crap that people will do that kind of stuff. I don't know about you guys but I couldn't sleep knowing that some one was waiting on a reel I sold them and wasn't sending.
Old 01-29-10, 04:05 PM   #16
bcklash

I don't like it when people join just to sell things. Most are legit but I don't care, they shouldn't join just to sell.
Old 01-29-10, 06:03 PM   #17
Earl Marshall

It does make you wonder how people can sleep for doing things like that. I don't post alot but I sure do read alot on here and try and learn new things. People will do anything to get a dollar.
Earl Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-10, 12:48 AM   #18
Vegasspider

Here is a really dumb question - why leave the listing or post up? BF should take it down before someone else sends this clown thier hard earned money. Make no sense too me unless they never look at the threads....
Old 01-30-10, 01:54 AM   #19
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Delete it or lock it for a head's up on this piece of trash. Hopefully anyone that deos read it will scroll down a little bit.
Old 01-30-10, 09:18 AM   #20
BigBassin144

Lock it maybe, but DO NOT take it down.

Right now this and the BBC post are like evidence.

BB
Old 01-30-10, 09:36 AM   #21
Vegasspider

Take it down and post a warning. Wonder if there is an option for BF to install a shopping cart for forum memebers to do business through? Not PayPal I am sure there are millions of forums on other subjects that have the same issues.

Something that works for the seller and buyer? Wait that would be a solution that makes sense..... Maybe Obama has a solutioin just need to re-elect him to find out.. <Sorry had to say it.
Old 01-30-10, 03:37 PM   #22
Hugo_Hogz
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
I don't buy from someone with a SMALL number of postings. Makes me really suspicious when someone comes around and immediatly wants to post items for sale. I'm not going to be his first customer. Let a track record get established first. And I know first-hand you'll get nowhere in a dispute through PayPal, they are no help at all. Same goes for using PayPal, I use it when I know or have dealt with a person before. The USPS Money Order offers a bit more backing as you can get sellers for mail fraud

I agree, but also disagree. I'm a new member that used this forum to sell items. Post count isn't always the clear indicator of whether someone is trustworthy. This same discussion pops up on all the forums and people get screwed by newbies as well as by bozos that have 100's of posts. I frequent multiple forums looking for deals and try to provide a few when I can. Bottom line is the few criminals that are around usually find a way to screw someone, it's the nature of the beast. The only true way to be safe is to buy retail, but to me I would rather take that small risk to save more $ and continually upgrade my equipment. Maybe I'm a sucker
Hugo_Hogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-10, 04:11 PM   #23
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo_Hogz View Post
I agree, but also disagree. I'm a new member that used this forum to sell items. Post count isn't always the clear indicator of whether someone is trustworthy. This same discussion pops up on all the forums and people get screwed by newbies as well as by bozos that have 100's of posts. I frequent multiple forums looking for deals and try to provide a few when I can. Bottom line is the few criminals that are around usually find a way to screw someone, it's the nature of the beast. The only true way to be safe is to buy retail, but to me I would rather take that small risk to save more $ and continually upgrade my equipment. Maybe I'm a sucker
I agree that post counts aren't always a clear indicator, but I'd say that it is a "good indicator".

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-10, 04:29 PM   #24
nofearengineer

I agree that post count isn't a perfect criterion for judging a seller, but I think the seller should at the very least understand any distrust he encounters due to it.

I myself finally got a guy to sell a rod on ebay so my butt would be covered too. I watched this guy shop this same rod around on about 12 different fishing boards...and nobody would bite, even though it was a great price. Turns out the guy was legit, as far as I can tell...I even bought a second one from him soon afterwards, but I was wary at first, and rightly so.
Old 01-30-10, 04:43 PM   #25
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo_Hogz View Post
Going back to 2002 or 3, there was a member on here with a good many posts who took some money and never sent the reel to another member who some of yall know. Anyways the fraud never came back. It always made me sick that some people will do this, but it is even worse when he knows the people he is screwing and doesnt give a damn.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.