Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-30-10, 08:35 PM   #26
muddy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Hey Fellas; Post count means crapolla! Check out BBC and bassresource.com, there was a long time "respected member" THE NATURAL post count in the low 1000's. Turns out all the good deals he was passing on was for stuff he stole from BPS, Cableas and Walmart, they have a APB oput for him in Tx and Oklahoma, he is wanted for grand larceny. He sold ten of thousands of merchandis on both iste, to other folks who are honest and now have to worry themselves
muddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 09:18 AM   #27
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddy View Post
Hey Fellas; Post count means crapolla! Check out BBC and bassresource.com, there was a long time "respected member" THE NATURAL post count in the low 1000's. Turns out all the good deals he was passing on was for stuff he stole from BPS, Cableas and Walmart, they have a APB oput for him in Tx and Oklahoma, he is wanted for grand larceny. He sold ten of thousands of merchandis on both iste, to other folks who are honest and now have to worry themselves

While I understand where you're coming from, post count means a lot more than crapola. At least to me. Nothing's guaranteed, but the more established someone is, the more comfortable I feel.
Old 02-02-10, 10:33 AM   #28
BassinNC
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I have to agree with mallen. It may not be 100% but its better than nothing.
Old 02-06-10, 09:02 PM   #29
TritonKTB
BassFishin.Com Member

Glad I read this thread. Been a member of BBC for a couple of years but just found out about this forum. Guess I need to rack up some posts before I think about selling anything.
TritonKTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 09:07 PM   #30
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TritonKTB View Post
Glad I read this thread. Been a member of BBC for a couple of years but just found out about this forum. Guess I need to rack up some posts before I think about selling anything.
Not necessarily true....just that in light of some recent frauds by unscrupulous people, you'd just be forewarned of some hesitance to buy from a newbie. We're all good around here.
Old 03-05-10, 10:00 AM   #31
Big Al
BassFishin.Com Member

Hi guys, I'm new to the site but been a member of BFHP, TT and BBC, as many of you are. I am familiar with the Natural posts on BBC. I am also skeptical of people posting many items for sale, like he did here unless they are a store or dealer in some way. Secondly, I require a picture of the item that I'm interested in. If I don't see the actual picture, I won't send any money. Anyone that sells on these boards should have a camera. Those that claim they don't usually are hiding something, mostly the condition of an item. I'm hoping the guys on BBC get some closure on this matter but I don't think I would ever dish out $1500 for something online. No matter how reliable the seller is.
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-10, 01:38 PM   #32
nmanley

Send a message via Yahoo to nmanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
Hi guys, I'm new to the site but been a member of BFHP, TT and BBC, as many of you are. I am familiar with the Natural posts on BBC. I am also skeptical of people posting many items for sale, like he did here unless they are a store or dealer in some way. Secondly, I require a picture of the item that I'm interested in. If I don't see the actual picture, I won't send any money. Anyone that sells on these boards should have a camera. Those that claim they don't usually are hiding something, mostly the condition of an item. I'm hoping the guys on BBC get some closure on this matter but I don't think I would ever dish out $1500 for something online. No matter how reliable the seller is.
Good plan to follow. Digital camera's are cheep compared to what we spend on lures.

On the Paypal issues. I had my account hacked last year and $2800 dollars later I got it stopped and started the process of getting my money back. Get this I caught the fraudulent activity 40 min after it happened and it still took over a month to get all the moneys back and my Normal billing straightened out. Now I can only RECEIVE money on my Paypal as they cannot take any from my accounts. I had the accounts block paypal withdraws. I now only use it for one way dealing where I'm selling something and I send a USPO Money Order for purchases that don't use a Credit card.
Old 03-05-10, 04:17 PM   #33
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Big al, I would also never send money to anyone without seeing pics first. That was the first thing I asked him. He sent me six or so pics of the rod. Which means he owns the rod, and is taking pics or ripped the pics off from someone else.

BB
Old 03-05-10, 06:35 PM   #34
nofearengineer

If you really want to be a little more secure, ask the seller to write a word or phrase of your choosing on a piece of paper and include it in the picture of the item.

Now, this won't guarantee he actually send the item to you, but at least it proves he isn't clipping the pic from elsewhere, and the item actually exists. If he really wants to sell the item, he won't protest.
Old 03-06-10, 01:51 AM   #35
screwballl
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

something to look into: heatware.com.. we used it a lot on the computer tech sites I was always a part of and it works well... people like the ones muddy mentioned above can have a great record and then BAM when that happens, people see the latest info and refuse to buy anymore. Plus when the law gets involved, they can look over the list of items stolen if mentioned in the "review" and have even more evidence to lock him up for longer..... or with the shoe on the other foot, if someone is not willing to signup because of those reasons, it throws up some red flags...

For example here is mine: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=43402

its at least worth suggesting
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 04:10 PM   #36
BeaverIslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
If you really want to be a little more secure, ask the seller to write a word or phrase of your choosing on a piece of paper and include it in the picture of the item.

Now, this won't guarantee he actually send the item to you, but at least it proves he isn't clipping the pic from elsewhere, and the item actually exists. If he really wants to sell the item, he won't protest.
Thats a good idea.
BeaverIslander is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.