Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-12-11, 10:11 AM   #26
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
My boat just has the standard Perko latches that have a plastic body so I think that they could be broken fairly easily. I'm thinking of making some type of a deadbolt type system. Loc-R-Bars look good and are a visible deterrent, but you have to carry them around and I don't think my gunnels are tall enough for one. If I can find some space to store the boat in a friend's shop this winter I'll work on this project. It's too nice outside now not to be fishing every day.
There's no dispute that the Perko latches need to be stronger. Keeping them out is definitely better than just letting you know when they haven't been kept out. However, unless your boat deck is made of steel (unlikely ) a determined thief and a good crowbar can break into just about anything. I think a shock sensor connected to a recording of an angry Rottweiler would be nice.
Old 10-12-11, 11:11 AM   #27
Handlebars
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatic View Post
I'm sure "he" added the alarm system(just like "he" added the ethernet sytem linking his electronics). I saw some pro, wish I could remember which one, but he doesn't even use a standard trailer, but uses an enclosed trailer, and the kicker is...he keeps two boats in it! There is a built in lift that raises the boats and lowers them into the water.
Yea I would say the alarm system and the hatch locks were all custom built. I can't find anything about them online anywhere. A handy person with some electrical know how and skill could use auto industry components such as door lock actuators and auto alarms with sensors. I don't really see any universal fit hatch lock system coming available. Theres way too many variables between brands, configurations & year models to do it easily or inexpensively.

The ethernet is no big deal, its an AS Interlink from Humminbird that connects any compatible units together in the 700,800,900 & 1100 series depth finders. They can share GPS position, waypoints, and routes between two units in real time. I would think most users with 2 units would have one on their boat if they fish alot of different or very large lakes.
Old 10-13-11, 06:36 AM   #28
jdw174
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm amazed that boat even floats, let alone moves down the lake
Old 10-13-11, 08:15 PM   #29
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
Same here. I seen it on another site where they talked about how KVD is all about BPS line but pulled a spool of Seaguar Tatsu out of that compartment and quickly turned the label away from the camera and tossed it out of view.
lol love it!! Right around 10:30! Doesn't really surprise me at all though!
Old 10-14-11, 03:23 AM   #30
Crankbait
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin3 View Post
Remote locking for his compartments and alarm system? can someone give me more information on this ?!?!?!?!?!?
Remote locking and alarms isn’t too difficult. I work in the home automation industry and we use electrically triggered (by remote) solenoids often for weird projects. I’d like to get into this more but I don't have a bass boat and I’m in the wrong section of the forum …..How freaking cool is it to have a SPARE 1198 rattling around in the back of your boat! I met Kevin several years ago and asked him “what’s it like having the best job in the world?” he looked at me and said “ya know it’s a lot of work!” to which I replied…….”Yeah but you’re FISHING!” Cool guy
alarm placehttp://www.thetacklesmith.com/boatalarms.htm
Crankbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 12:55 PM   #31
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I was ready an article in some magazine, and it talked about leaving a bass in your live-well until you found out what it was eating...It reminded me of this video, anyone else wonder about the 5 lb bass he has in his live-well?
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-11, 05:21 PM   #32
WTL

Thats a very informative video. You know, when you see the standings for a major tournament, and say KVD has 27 pounds on a lake thats just average, you say to yourself, man, he is just so far out of my league. I could never do that.

And yes, he is the best. Put him in a crappy boat, and he is still the best. But if you put me or you in that boat, the way it is set up, we would all do far better than most of us do now.

The trade off of course is the price. I would like to see him to a video where he is with his accountant, going over what kinda capital it takes for one year of fishing. 200k?
Old 10-22-11, 02:30 AM   #33
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Thats a very informative video. You know, when you see the standings for a major tournament, and say KVD has 27 pounds on a lake thats just average, you say to yourself, man, he is just so far out of my league. I could never do that.

And yes, he is the best. Put him in a crappy boat, and he is still the best. But if you put me or you in that boat, the way it is set up, we would all do far better than most of us do now.

The trade off of course is the price. I would like to see him to a video where he is with his accountant, going over what kinda capital it takes for one year of fishing. 200k?
I read an article a month or so back that said that the magic number a company has to come up with to get a pro to wrap their boat with their company logo was $100,000. I don't know when the article was written and it's possible that it might be a bit outdated but it said that the reason that was the magic number was because on average when you figure everything that sponsors don't cover (hotels, food, gas, oil, and ect.) that it will be around $100,000 and that way if the angler doesn't cash a check all year long he should still break even or close to it. It also pointed out that as competitive as the economy is right now if an angler doesn't cash a check all year long he will probably be looking for a new sponsor next year.
Old 10-31-11, 03:02 PM   #34
scot400f
BassFishin.Com Member

Default KVD sighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
You know, on the way home from work tonight, I pulled past a Toyota Tundra and Nitro Z-9 with all of the Team Nitro stickers, sponsor logos, and other regalia. It was definitely a pro. I wonder if it was KVD's rig, someone else driving it around, or just a look-alike?

WTH would he be doing in a parking lot in Evansville, IN?
Kevin was at the Tracker/Dealer Convention that weekend at Big Cedar Lodge on Table Rock. I actually had a chance to sit in his boat (dont tell Kevin I promised) and test drive Z-9 w/225 xs with the guy who builds and tests his boats at Nitro.

Sat in a seminar with him on the finer points of selling Nitro boats there was only like 10 of us in the room it was awesome he really brought to reason some of the little extras in Nitro boats. That evening we brushed shoulders on the Branson Bell on a charter diner cruise ended up hanging with Rick Clunn and his family for the last half hour while they had trouble docking the Branson Belle chatted with his wife and son got some tips on baitcasters and we gave him a tip about a seating position problem he has been having which I noted at high speed the difficulty of sitting forward in the seat with so much wind preassure on your shoulders.

Once in a lifetime chance for me I am a parts guy at a small Tracker dealership and was invited to go by the manager.

These guys really do appreciate their sponsor equipment I had the feeling that they really do Fish the Finest!
scot400f is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.