Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-18-06, 11:55 AM   #1
arkiebass
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Brand New All-Star Rods For Sale Brand

Hey guys,

I have come across a deal where Everyone can get All-Star Rods dirt cheap... The prices are $150.00 for 3 and I can ship up to 6 in one rod tube..... Total price for 6 rods would be $312.00 which includes shipping.... You can mix and match any way you would like... The rods available are listed below. If any one wants any, you must purchase a minimum of 3. Just let me know.. Thanks </B>
Scott Pennington
Arkansas South
arkiebass@alltel.net
arkeibass@juno.com
All-Star Classic retail 99.99 get them now for $50.00
Classic worm rod wr-1 6'6 mh
Classic worm rod wr-2 6'6 h
IM6 GRAPHITE SBR2 BAITCAST ROD 6'8" 10-20-LBS. LURE WT. 3/8-3/4OZ "THIS ROD IS THE ZELL ROWLAND SPINNERBAIT SPACIAL"
CLASSIC GRAPHITE MBR 7' EX-FAST MEDIUM 10-20-LBS. LURE WT.1/4-3/4
CLASSIC GRAPHITE BAITCAST ROD TWS 6'6" TOPWATER SPECIAL ACTION 6-12-LBS. LURE WT. 1/8-3/8OZ
CLASSIC GRAPHITE BAITCAST ROD model CRC 7' MEDIUM HEAVY ACTION 12-25-LBS. LURE WT. 3/8-1OZ "This is the Tom Martin Carolina riggin/Cranking rod"
CLASSIC GRAPHITE BAITCAST ROD GT2 6'6" MEDIUM ACTION 10-20-LBS. LURE WT. 1/4-11/2OZ
CLASSIC GRAPHITE Baitcast PRM 7' POPIN ROD MEDIUM 8-17 LBS. LURE WT. 1/4-5/8
CLASSIC GRAPHITE CRS CAROLINA RIGGIN 7' FAST ACTION MEDIUM HEAVY 12-20-LBS. LURE WT. 3/8-1OZ. SPINNING ROD
CLASSIC GRAPHITE SRM 6' ACTION MEDIUM 10-20-LBS. LURE WT. 1/4-5/8OZ. SPINNING ROD
arkiebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-06, 02:13 PM   #2
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

i wish i could get an allstar rod , i just dont have that kind of money right now.
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-06, 06:09 PM   #3
arkiebass
BassFishin.Com Member

I have plenty, and at 50.00 a piece, they are a great bargain.
Old 09-18-06, 07:32 PM   #4
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkiebass View Post
I have plenty, and at 50.00 a piece, they are a great bargain.
Are these the gray blanks with the dark red or maroon wraps
How about a close-up pic of the rod where the specifications and model number are printed and one of the wrap as well?

Thanks,
FlyRod
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-06, 01:44 PM   #5
arkiebass
BassFishin.Com Member

These do have the dark maroon wraps and a dark grey blank.... These are not the new classics.... click on the pic to see it better...

Thanks

Last edited by arkiebass; 09-19-06 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-19-06, 03:49 PM   #6
skeeter944

ok,thank you!
Old 09-19-06, 03:55 PM   #7
flbassman

Is that 150$ a deal with shipping? What type of payment? How bout a cod? Do you have a website? Don't mean to interrogate you, but I'd hate to see me or somebody else scammed out of 150 dineros.
Old 09-19-06, 03:57 PM   #8
ironman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to ironman

GOOD questions fl, you can now be my pandiwon,JK lol
ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-06, 04:42 PM   #9
mack

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbassman View Post
Is that 150$ a deal with shipping? What type of payment? How bout a cod? Do you have a website? Don't mean to interrogate you, but I'd hate to see me or somebody else scammed out of 150 dineros.
yea it almost sounds too good to be true..ive heard of things like this happening...
mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-06, 04:55 PM   #10
arkiebass
BassFishin.Com Member

Yes, it is 150.00 plus 12.00 shipping... it is basically 50.00 a rod.... I can ship up to 6 in one rod tube for the complete 12.00 shipping... You guys can visit this link to see some that I have sold to other guys.... This is just a great deal, and I am making a little money off of it still.....

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=130149... I have sold several sets over there. I learned of these through the Shakespeare Angler Program, of which I am a member. They also sponsor Fishers of Men, which I am the Arkansas South Director. I sell these to my members... Check it out. Then jump on.

Thanks
Scott Pennington
Old 09-19-06, 05:01 PM   #11
arkiebass
BassFishin.Com Member

I forgot to answer the rest... I don't have a web site yet. I just came across this year a month ago.. I accept paypal which guarrentees your money if you are not happy. I also accept checks as long as you call me and I verify everything. I hold the rods until your check clears... If you use paypal, you get the rods within a week. No cod... Guys, check me out, give me a call. I don't blame you guys for asking guestions these days, but you can very easily check me out.... Thanks for the questions..

870-304-2283 home
870-500-0382 cell

www.fomntt.com
Arkansas South Fishers of Men Director
Scott Pennington
Old 09-19-06, 07:48 PM   #12
FlyRod

A last couple of questions: If these are the OLD series, made when AllStar was independent, they should have "Made in The USA" on the BLANK, do these have that specific label? Also, the OLD Allstars came with a form wrapped around the grip to register the rods, which came with a Lifetime Warranty, not now offered by S'speare, I'm told...is this present on your rods?
Lastly, and NOT to start a fight...These Classics are made only for Academy and perhaps some other discounters. They NEVER sold for 99.99.
The AllStar AMERICAN CLASSIC (with those words on the blank,) a darker blank (Blue?), and Red/White(maybe Silver)/Blue wraps DOES sell for 99.99 at Academy. It is a much superior rod, although I prefer the TeamAllStars.
I bought many of the older Maroon wrap Classics at 39.99, occasionally on sale for much less, at Academy. I mainly use them for infrequent applications, for training newbies, and I give a lot of them to folks who are on a tight budget and want to fish. The new ones retail at Academy for, I believe, 49.99. Since you are paying shipping and there's no sales tax, out friends here will save a few bux buying from you...great!
Folks should know that the GT2 is NOT a "pure" graphite rod, but a composite rod. It is a decent all-purpose Med/Hvy-ish rod and is pretty durable. It's OK for large TW, Spinnerbait, and large cranks...any application where sensitivity is not Job One.
Just making sure we're on the same page, Scott, not looking for controversy. Best wishes for the Fishers of Men effort.

FlyRod
Old 09-19-06, 10:01 PM   #13
arkiebass
BassFishin.Com Member

Boy you are tough.... Look, these rods were bought from the original All-star company in Texas as a bulk deal by a independant sporting goods dealer.... The warrenty is 1 year and it is through the dealer, but Shakespeare will also honor it.... I have purchased dozens original All-Stars over the years and do not remember none of them having a life time warrenty. These rods are what they are....They do not say made in America on them, but they do say All-Star Classic, Houston Texas.... Like I have said numerous times, they are the orginals and are brand new. They were made in America, I assume from the original company. I have sold several on other sights and everyone who has purchased these state that they are the originals and this is an exceptional deal...Use the link above to see for yourself.

As for where the originals were sold, I purchased them 10-15 years ago from a very small sporting goods store here in my home town, and I use to purchase them from Bass Pro Shops.. They were not sold in just Academy. The ones that Academy were and are not the originals. You need to get your facts straight. If you do not want to purchase one of these, then please don't go around spreading fear to others that these are not what I say they are..... The bbc board link above proves that they are what I say. These orginals did sale for $99.97 over 10 years ago.....

As far as the GT2 comment, that is just your opinion. The rod says it is Graphite and I do not argue with what the company says it over 10 years ago. You would think that by now someone else would have come forward to tell the public that All-Star rods was false advertising all these years. I know that you say repeatedly that you do not want to cause any controversey, but if you will reread your post, that is all you did accomplish. I wish people would let the facts talk for themselves, instead of guys like you, that must have been burned before, act like this is not a good deal.

WE ARE NOT ON THE SAME PAGE.

Sincerely

Scott Pennington
Old 09-19-06, 11:15 PM   #14
dampeoples

Send a message via AIM to dampeoples

Wow!

Join, post about something you want to sell, totally ignoring the rest of this fine forum, when asked for a picture of YOUR rod, you post one from Simmons Sporting Goods, then get fussy over a few questions. I bet we all feel reallllyy good about sending you $150 about right now.

Thankyoudrivethrough
dampeoples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-06, 11:21 PM   #15
Fishie1
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Yeah I don't know about this.......it just is weird....post some pics of all these rods you have......it shouldn't be this hard.
Fishie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-06, 11:21 PM   #16
Fishie1

I wouldn't say it is a great pic either that you show.....
Old 09-20-06, 07:11 AM   #17
FlyRod

Guys,

Let me clear something up here. The pics indicate a palm swell on the rods Scott has for sale. That alone makes his case that these ARE the older AllStars. I regret I did NOT notice that before (pretty poor pics, sorta)
They are superior to the current Classic (NOT the "American Classic) if you like a palm swell. As such, they are a decent buy because A: You can't find 'em anywhere else. B: Scott's eating the shipping cost. C: If you could even find some locally, you'd pay sales tax and burn 2 buck+ gas to go get 'em.
While they were not the top-o-the-line, they were better than the current Classic. Give 'em a try if you want a "bargain" rod that is superior to most..
Scott, I've been lucky so far. Never burned in online tackle deal. I have, however, smoked out some smelly deals on various forums and prevented some good folks from being shafted. Please note that I consider you to be an honest "merchant" and that you are offering a fair deal. It's just that I am fiercely protective of my bassin' brothers and that sometimes leads to ill feelings. I assure you there are no such feelings on my part.
For those of you who say "Well, Ol' FlyRod has egg on his face."...think again. You now know that asking the right questions has clarified the situation, preserved Scott's repututation, and made more clear what you are buying...I may order one myself.
The nagging question...Why no "USA" or "America" on the rods?
Re: The GT2...the current AND previous incarnation of this model is/was a glass/graphite composite and the pre-Shakespeare AllStar website clearly stated this. The ones Scott has might be all-graphite, but at a low modulus in order to maintain their intended purpose. They are a GOOD rod for the applications I mentioned earlier. The GT2 is also a good one to let your clumsy cousin use...more durable than high modulus rods.
Note: the TWS "Zell Rowland" Scott has is a good one for wacky, weightless worm, or fluke use, IMHO.
Everybody wins!

F.Rod
Semi-expert on semi-everything...sorta...kinda...once in a while.
Old 09-20-06, 09:18 AM   #18
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

this is better than springer~
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-06, 06:30 PM   #19
bassnman30

Flyrod,
The rods for 39.00 and 49.00 might be made in China. You need to check, if it says Houston TX on the blank then your ok.
Wal-Mart had the China made rods for 59.00. Great deal ???? Look what you've got. It ain't made in the U.S.A. so therefore its a stinking copy.
Old 09-20-06, 06:35 PM   #20
skeeter944

lol jb. thanks arkiebass for clearing things up and flyrod was just doing what he would normally do if he was going to buy the rod from bass pro so to speak,he would gather his information and ask many questions,so please dont be offended. welcome to the forum by the way!
Old 09-20-06, 10:34 PM   #21
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassnman30 View Post
Flyrod,
The rods for 39.00 and 49.00 might be made in China. You need to check, if it says Houston TX on the blank then your ok.
Wal-Mart had the China made rods for 59.00. Great deal ???? Look what you've got. It ain't made in the U.S.A. so therefore its a stinking copy.
Bassn,
The Classics I own several of were purchased from Academy Sports at one of their San Antonio locations. I paid from 29.99 to 39.99 for them, depending on whether Academy was running a sale or not. The price, since S'speare took over, is now higher. Note: I have NOT purchased any since. I mainly use Team AllStars(2), Lowriders(3), St.Croix Avids(4), and a Kistler LTA Helium. One or two of the Classics that I still own are used on occasion, but sparingly.
The ones originally made for WallyWorld had black foam foregrips and green wraps (and cheesy "cork"). I bought a bunch for 12 bux apiece when some of the stores closed them out, to give to kids and newbies.
The Classics I bought from Academy have "Made in USA" on them...every one, BUT they ARE pre-S'speare.
The rods Scott has appear to be much older, as he states, and I believe him based on the palm swell I THINK I see in the pics. They are certain as good or better than the current Classics, though not on a par with the Team AllStars or the American Classics...fairly close though.
I'm toying with the idea of ordering a rod from Scott IF he's still speaking to me.

And to all, a good night.

F.Rod
Old 09-21-06, 12:29 AM   #22
Fishie1

someone ought to buy three and then split them to people on here...cheaper?
Old 09-21-06, 08:13 PM   #23
arkiebass
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks FlyRod for investigating and realizing that I am an honest person. As far as the pictures go, it does not take a brain wiz to realize that I get the rods from Simmons Sporting Goods in Alabama. I get them at dealer cost, since I am on the Shakespeare Angler Team. He is the only one in the country that has these rods that I know of. I am not sure what he sells them for at retail, but I know that I make 10.00 a rod on the dealer cost..... He ships the rods for me. Do some research and call him if you want. You may can cut me out of the middle if you got a dealer's tax number.

Now everyone knows my secrets, but I do not want anyone thinking that I am dishonest. I have never had this problem before on the bbc board, but I certainly understand the questions and fears of being taken.

No hard feeling everyone. If anyone does want a rod, please let me know... I will be out of town fishing the espn bass series in Arkansas for the next 3 days, so I will not be able to get back to anyone until Monday.

Thanks

Scott Pennington
Old 09-22-06, 06:19 AM   #24
PowerBass

Scott,
Good luck at the Tournament!
Old 09-24-06, 08:52 PM   #25
arkiebass
BassFishin.Com Member

Okay guys,
The tournament was a bust... a ton of shorts, but fun catching anyway.... I am back in the office and am taking orders..... Thanks Roy, your rods will go out Tuesday....

Scott

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.