Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 07-07-12, 10:27 PM   #76
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

<<<<<rubbing my hands in a vicious way....heheheheheheh.........my VICTIM ( ain't skeered to say it mb,lol) is gonna one surprised lil puppy. i hope, hahaha!!!
Old 07-08-12, 10:40 AM   #77
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thanks for doing this Joe, sounds like fun. I've got my package just about ready to mail but will hold off until the end of next week, now that I know who it is I need that "Special" , "Personalized" item to make it complete.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-12, 02:32 PM   #78
MO_CPA
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Thanks for doing this Joe, sounds like fun. I've got my package just about ready to mail but will hold off until the end of next week, now that I know who it is I need that "Special" , "Personalized" item to make it complete.
I am with you. I have a little research to complete.
Old 07-14-12, 04:15 PM   #79
bassboogieman

I'm planning on shipping mine out Monday or Tuesday - is that ok? We don't have a date on which to send them, do we?
Old 07-14-12, 04:41 PM   #80
Jrob78

Yeah that's no problem, send it whenever you're ready. I want everyone to get their stuff sent out by next friday but it's fine if it goes out before then.
Old 07-14-12, 05:09 PM   #81
kennethdaysale

I sent my package out Fri by UPS, supposed to get there Wed. I rec'd mine today. Rather than go back and read 80 posts....isn't there a date when we're supposed to open them? Or should I just rip it apart now?
Old 07-14-12, 05:25 PM   #82
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
I sent my package out Fri by UPS, supposed to get there Wed. I rec'd mine today. Rather than go back and read 80 posts....isn't there a date when we're supposed to open them? Or should I just rip it apart now?
I don't recall the details on it this time, but in the past we always waited until a certain date so everyone opened them at the same time.
Old 07-14-12, 05:27 PM   #83
MO_CPA

Going to Bass Pro tonight. Will ship out by midweek.
Old 07-14-12, 05:48 PM   #84
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
No specific date, we just usually wait until everyone has received theirs. We've only done this one other time during the summer, during Christmas we always wait until...Christmas.
Old 07-14-12, 05:53 PM   #85
nobass

open it open it he he he he he monkey got you bet you can't waIt
Old 07-14-12, 06:12 PM   #86
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobass View Post
open it open it he he he he he monkey got you bet you can't waIt
Don't tempt me.
Old 07-14-12, 07:02 PM   #87
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Everyone has to wait until I get home....the 27th! Y'all are always setting these dates up when you know I am at work.
Old 07-14-12, 07:06 PM   #88
keithdog

I recieved my package yesterday. I'll get mine sent out teusday or wed. Waitting for stuff to get here that I ordered. It's supposed to arrive Monday.
Old 07-14-12, 08:23 PM   #89
bassboogieman

Are we going to post pics of what we got? Oooopppppppppps. I guess I shoulda not said I was shipping mine out at the beginning of the week, because those that have already received their packages will know they have escaped being "punked" by the boogieman. Crap.... me and my big mouth, gets me in trouble agian.
Old 07-14-12, 10:16 PM   #90
MO_CPA

Bought! Tried to mix action baits with slow presentations and my favs with a little of their favs. Buying was alot of fun!
Old 07-14-12, 10:31 PM   #91
Jrob78

I've bought some of my stuff and will place a TW order before the weekend is out. I'm buying a mixed bag of stuff this time. Some hardbaits, some soft baits and maybe even some terminal, haven't decided yet.
Old 07-14-12, 10:33 PM   #92
MississippiBoy

This is always fun, but it stresses me out, too. I want my recipient to like what I get them, and have success with it. If I buy something for myself and it doesn't work, oh well. But I hate the idea of giving someone something, and it never catching a fish.
Old 07-14-12, 10:38 PM   #93
joedog

Mines going out Mon. but this may be my last Secret Santa. I have no problem getting and sending the gifts, actually I enjoy it alot, it's just that I seem to spend like $100 on myself every dang time.
My victim is always well deserving but I usually end up with someone who's on first name basis with the Monkey. Oh ya, thats every member here. No wonder.
Then a have to get one for myself and I always get duplicates, thats what the monkey tells me to do and you all know if your going to shop you can always use some Tungstens and hooks and..............
Old 07-14-12, 10:38 PM   #94
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
This is always fun, but it stresses me out, too. I want my recipient to like what I get them, and have success with it. If I buy something for myself and it doesn't work, oh well. But I hate the idea of giving someone something, and it never catching a fish.
I agree with you, I put way more thought into this than I do buying myself stuff. You want them to like it and use it and you don't want to be the guy that sent crappy gifts.
Old 07-14-12, 11:44 PM   #95
carolina-rig-01

[QUOTE=MississippiBoy;385872]This is always fun, but it stresses me out, too. I want my recipient to like what I get them, and have success with it. If I buy something for myself and it doesn't work, oh well. But I hate the idea of giving someone something, and it never catching a fish.[/QUOTE]

In that case, try to avoid bying any baits for bamabassman LOL. Man these jokes are a lot more fun when he is on here to read them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
I agree with you, I put way more thought into this than I do buying myself stuff. You want them to like it and use it and you don't want to be the guy that sent crappy gifts.
Or the guy who puts his foot in his mouth about how much he hates something before he opens his present and has that goofy look on his face. HAHAHAHA!!!!
Old 07-14-12, 11:55 PM   #96
joedog

Joe, Dan I'm with you and whats worse is being from Wi. now shorefishing, what works for me is maybe/probably will be worthless or unproductive for them. It's flat out insane for me. I've actually gotten things and changed my mind and went and got something different. I know the folks who get mine probably know who it came from so really guys PM me or something let me know so I don't do it again. Better yet wait till next time we do it, thanks again Joe, you ask for my name and regift me!

Now on the good side I read actually almost every post so I got some idea at least what direction to go in.
But my Dec. Santa did a great job. The H2o walk bait is super and the gobies just produced on a dropshot this week after I tried without success many other plastics. And no lie, the teacher who whackys where I fish and uses 6in. worms (I usually use)5in.
Used your 6in.....success. Thanks man!
Old 07-15-12, 12:07 PM   #97
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
I'm with you there. I like to use what knowlege I have about my recipiants fishing style, their prefered lure types, makes and models and go from there. Why buy something they will probably never tie on? I will add in a suprise or two if I know we both like a certain type of bass fishing lure and I've had particular success with one in particular. Or perhaps a lure thats something like they normally use but a new version or something like that to try out just for fun. Last year I had Ryan, who sells tackle as fast as he collects it, haha. That left me in a bit of a quandry.
Old 07-15-12, 12:52 PM   #98
bcklash

You can't go wrong with waterdogs, as long as you don't use them with the wavespin reel.
Old 07-15-12, 01:02 PM   #99
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
I'm with you there. I like to use what knowlege I have about my recipiants fishing style, their prefered lure types, makes and models and go from there. Why buy something they will probably never tie on? I will add in a suprise or two if I know we both like a certain type of bass fishing lure and I've had particular success with one in particular. Or perhaps a lure thats something like they normally use but a new version or something like that to try out just for fun. Last year I had Ryan, who sells tackle as fast as he collects it, haha. That left me in a bit of a quandry.
You had me for our Christmas version and did an excellent job Keith. In fact I have used everything that you bought me several times.
Old 07-15-12, 02:33 PM   #100
nobass

the times i have done this i have always recieved baits i would never buy myself. i like that because i gives me a chance to throw something different,90 percent of the time they work surprising well. i try to purchase things i like and are of good quailty. this is what makes this fun seelng what others throw in differnrnt parts of the country. i always hope i send as good as i get

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.