Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-06-08, 07:34 PM   #26
Wishing2BFishing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Today, the mailman delivered one of two crankbait rods that I recently ordered. The rod which came today is a Fritt's glass MH crankbait rod. I am somewhat disappointed because the rod is very heavy and perhaps too flexible.

Now I am waiting for my Fritt's Titanium rod which is a composite (glass and graphite). I am hoping that it will be a little lighter and just a tad stiffer.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-08, 09:42 PM   #27
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

told ya it was heavy i am so used to it it matters very lil.. as for being a limber stick-think cooked noodle- don't hack it till ya try it..yep it'll bow on the retrive thats how it is made.. the trick your going to have to learn is casting. i do alot of roll casting with mine low line drives gets better distance and better in flight control than a over hand go for broke cast...trust me!!

some that have bought the fritts rods don't like them as all they do is lob cast-this is bad- which will mess you up when you switch rods hence an ensuing back lash.

ifin i was you tie on a dt6 and go fishing. use this rod for an hour or so straight you'll see what i mean about the casting. fritts rods are NOT an idiot stick which you can pick up and cast where you want the first time. they are NOT a beginner rod. each rod handles differantly you MUST learn your rod..

think i am wrong watch the video of kevin loading that toon he puts down TWO fritts rods on the deck-gee wonder why?-

zooker
Old 10-08-08, 12:52 AM   #28
bhfishman
BassFishin.Com Member

Okay, as if you need another opinion. I will say that I have used St. Croix crankbait rods for the last 4-5 years. It took all of 3 months after I bought my first one before I picked up a second. I love these things. They do all the work for you. I couldn't tell you what model number they are but they are Medium with a fast action tip. I have a 6 1/2 ft and a 7 ft. Sounds weird but there are places that I throw certain crankbaits that the 6 1/2 ft works better in. As far as the 7 ft you can really wing it and keep your crankbaits in the zone longer. Just take your time and look around. If you are in a club or have some buddies that have different models, ask if you can give them a try. That is what sold me on them. Almost forgot, I use a 6:3:1 Johnny Morris Reel with both of my crankbait rods.
Bob
Old 10-09-08, 08:09 PM   #29
Wishing2BFishing
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

bhfishman, does St. Croix make a MH crankbait rod?

As a side note, I am still waiting for my American Rodsmith Titanium crankbait rod to be delivered. I was hoping that it would come before my tourney this weekend.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-08, 09:21 PM   #30
bhfishman
BassFishin.Com Member

Wishing2bfishing, yes they do make a MH Crankbait rod. They actually have two series. The Avid and the Premier. The Avid is the more expensive starting around 170. The premier starts around 110. They also have a glass crank rod but not in MH.
As I said earlier, I love these rods and a good crankbait rod will make all the difference in the world.
Good Luck with the search.
Bhfishman
bhfishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-08, 11:42 AM   #31
chubs
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I know that you crankbait guys will laugh but I was out crappie fishing the other day and had no bass gear with me there was a nice steep bank that I knew would hold bass So I asked the guy that i was with If he had any bass gear in the boat.He replied yes I opened the rod locker and found an old ugly stick fitted with a older Abu 2 speed bait caster he had it spooled with 12 pound mono he had a few deep cranks so i gave it a go.I was very surprised that this combo did really well. the ugley stick was a little bulky but worked with the deep cranks.

I didnt make it 4hrs untill the bass fever set in.I tried to over come it but failed!
chubs is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.