Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 06-14-06, 12:09 PM   #1
fizzle fro
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Reels

Hey im looking for a new reel and ive was wondering if cabelas or basspro reels are alright to buy and how they stand compared to other manufacturers. I can't spend a whole lot probably around 60-70 so i was wondering what the best for that would be. Below is the one im looking at from cabelas. If you think you know of a baitcaster that would be better for all round fishing please let me know.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...331&id=0017588
fizzle fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-06, 08:42 PM   #2
MBeery
BassFishin.Com Member

Check out the Pflueger Echelon baitcaster. Runs $59.95 at Cabela's. Also the Pflueger Purist - $79.95 and Pflueger Trion - $99.95. I have had great experience with Pflueger reels.
Old 06-14-06, 08:51 PM   #3
big redneck fisher
BassFishin.Com Member

there nothing to bad with the bass pro some pro say by it, its all in what u like and what your going for i got a bass pro baitcaster and i had no problems with it
Old 06-14-06, 10:25 PM   #4
flamez
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

i LOVE my 2 bps extremes i got for 70 bux buy it now from a seller on ebay brand new no scuffs just used in demonstations and in displays a real great deal ebay bass pro extreme he still sells um

that cabelas reel looks pretty sweet tho too
Old 06-15-06, 07:19 AM   #5
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thats the same reel Pinnacle sells under the Tetra name.Its priced right,they are a great casting reel, they engage hard, but its due to the flipping switch on them.Engage it by the flipping switch alot easier than it does by turning the handle.I hope this helps. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-06, 08:55 AM   #6
Tnbasser
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Tnbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBeery
Check out the Pflueger Echelon baitcaster. Runs $59.95 at Cabela's. Also the Pflueger Purist - $79.95 and Pflueger Trion - $99.95. I have had great experience with Pflueger reels.
While there is certanly nothing wrong with the BPS reels, I have to agree, I would definatly recommend the pflueger reels. They are as smooth and long lasting as I have ever used. A great deal for the money.They are all i use.
Tnbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-06, 09:17 PM   #7
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

The reels aren't made by BPS or Cabela's. They are made by one of the Manufacturers you probably recognize, just lableled as BPS or Cabela's. ie Pinnacle makes alot of those type reels. Sometimes they have a slight change from the standard model so it's a exclusive type thing, but really doesn't mean much most of the time. If you like it buy it.

Lizards
Old 06-19-06, 07:00 AM   #8
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig
Thats the same reel Pinnacle sells under the Tetra name.Its priced right,they are a great casting reel, they engage hard, but its due to the flipping switch on them.Engage it by the flipping switch alot easier than it does by turning the handle.I hope this helps. P N J
PNJ You just answered a question I beleive that I already had the answer to. For along time I thought that the reels that bass pro marketed where pinnacle's. With that being said they are a good reel. I own 4 of the pinnacle's 2 VS10's, 2 VST10's and a targa I beleive the 5th one is. Long lasting and have no problems with them other than the levelwind gear on the palmiong plate is plastic.
Old 06-19-06, 10:44 AM   #9
HOG Ranger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have the Pflueger Echelon baitcaster on a couple of my rods and am very happy with their performance. A much better quality reel than the $59.95 price.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.