Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 08-05-11, 12:48 PM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Ouachita River

If you were launching out of Monroe this late fall which way would you run? N or S? What cover would you target? What would be your choice of baits?
Old 08-05-11, 03:05 PM   #2
doc

I fish the ouachita all the time, but it's up north in the Arkansas part. In the fall If I were you I would look for backwater, the ouachita has some of the best backwater fishing around. I'd use shallow cranks, topwater (chart/white buzz bait, popper), or flip your favorite soft plastic/jig near cypress trees. If you plan on fishing the ouachita you should come on up to arkansas and fish the felsenthall part of the river, massive backwater, some of the prettiest cypress swamps you will ever see, and depending on the time of year you might could score someone to show you around
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 07:38 AM   #3
3dkicker

Found all kinds of backwater areas near Monroe. Running and locking really isn't in game plan since PVA member will be fishing in the Nov Fed. Championship.
Do you know the flow rate on the water in the area or is that all dependant on the amount of rain? Found some river height measurements and will be watching them.

Tournament is first week of Nov. and any help you can pass along will be truly appreciated!!

Last edited by 3dkicker; 08-06-11 at 12:33 PM.
3dkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-11, 12:53 PM   #4
66KingFisher

Never been on the lower end of the Ouachita river so I have no idea what that area looks like....I live near where the Ouachita river begins its journey as a small stream in the Ouachita mountains.....Enjoy your trip and good fishing.
Old 08-19-11, 09:10 PM   #5
3dkicker

Off limits is until Sept 17 and then begins again Oct 16th until Nov 1st. Tony can't talk to anyone about fishing the river unless they are in the event. He can read information posted about the body of water online. Boats will not be allowed to fish in Arkansas and in the National Wildlife area.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.