Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 02-03-21, 02:49 AM   #1
JimInAlabama
BassFishin.Com Member

Default 30 lb Power Pro braid problems

I've used 50 & 65 lb Power Pro braid on my froggin reel for years and love it. I switched from mono to fluoro on most of my other bass reels several years ago and like the feel and low stretch of fluoro ... but ... if ya don't tie a perfect knot you're gonna break off and it's gettin' hard for my old eyes to see to tie perfect knots every time, plus a lot of times the fluoro is hard to see to watch my line. So I decided to try 30 lb Power Pro instead of fluoro on two reels recently (jig and T rig). I've only been out twice but really struggled with it. The line is digging into itself on the spool. I'm pretty sure I've read on the forums that a lot of folks like 30 lb braid on baitcast reels, any tips for me? Is this just the nature of lighter braid? Will the line settle in better after I use it a while? If it doesn't get any better than what I've had so far I'm going back to fluoro! Thanks in advance for your experienced advice.
JimInAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-21, 02:38 PM   #2
dodgeguy
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

nothing under 50 lb on a baitcaster. use sufix 832
Old 06-23-21, 05:58 AM   #3
senkosam
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Kastking braid 20-30# test casts excellent, soft, resists fray and sensitive to the lightest strikes.
senkosam is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.