Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Old 07-15-12, 09:25 AM   #1
BassFishingInMi
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Lake Cumberland bass fishing?

Anyone ever fished it before? I could use some tips, secrets, etc! Let me know!
Old 07-15-12, 11:18 AM   #2
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Very clear deep water,long rocky points on the main,mixed bags available in any of the creeks with some light stain,much better suited for the average fisherman.Spots also available around bridges,parked barges in deep water just hard to get a keeper.
Some one who has the main down pat is hard to beat,and if youve never fished it stick to smaller creeks other wise fishless or almost.Tubes,brushhogs,jerkbaits,flukes.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-12, 10:10 PM   #3
BassFishingInMi
BassFishin.Com Member

I am gonna be on a house boat, if that helps?
Old 07-17-12, 10:57 AM   #4
dhaddix
BassFishin.Com Member

It has been a long time since I have been to Cumberland, which is strange considering it's just over an hour from where I live. If I am not mistaken, they still have the lake drawn WAY WAY down as they are still working on the dam there. Lilmule, it probably won't look or fish a thing like you or I remember. I have heard that they have drawn it down some 40feet or so, but I haven't taken the time to look at what the water level is currently.
dhaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-12, 12:55 PM   #5
lilmule

I believe you are referring to the wolf creek project,due to dam being built in the wrong place and attempting to correct-its like never ending story-if you cant do it in say 5 years you aint going to.Meanwhile its like the money pit just toss more in.
Yes low,yes it wouldnt fish or quite look the same,for that matter is anything from say ten years ago or more the same?
Think the key here is all things change and not always for the better,trout unlimited isnt to happy about the discharges either.
The fact you live so close yet dont go there should tell others what they need to know.
I used to drive 5hrs(roads wernt the greatest back then) from huntington,w.va to fish it,now people an hr away arnt interested.
Ps a new dam at a new location better suited could have been built in this amount of time for less money.

Last edited by lilmule; 07-17-12 at 04:44 PM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-12, 07:17 AM   #6
kennethdaysale

I know absolutely nothin about the Cumberland Gap except that Daniel Boone had something to do with it. Good Luck
Old 08-07-12, 05:44 PM   #7
Jrob78

Bump......

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.