Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 08-20-05, 07:08 AM   #1
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Everyone cross there fingers

Going to the bank on Monday to try and see if they have some money laying around that I can put to use. Gonna buy a 20XD with a 2000EFI 2.5Litre Merc on it with all the bells and whistles included. Boat has been GPS'd @86mph and has enough storage space that I can hide whatever I need to. Couldnt beleive what I will be gettin this boat for and the colors match the boat I have always WANTED. If everything goes well will be gettin some pics up here for all to see. Finally I have fell in a barrel and come out smelling better than the usual s***.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-05, 10:39 AM   #2
pig n jig

Laser, Good luck to ya.You Southern boys got it made being able to run out a boat wide open. We got tons of 5 mph no wake zones and 45 mph speedlimits on all of the lakes in my area.The Lawmen are really enforcing the speed laws too, not to mention any other minor details such as whistle, life vests, boat paddle, rope & anchors, fishing licenses. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-05, 12:17 PM   #3
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

yeah i know pnj don't it just suck 23 mile long lakes and 45 mph is pitifull. i belive the trout guys have something to do with this. as 90% of there boats could not get on plane if they got out and pushed..
i used to fish the point breeze are of the ont. lake 5 mph zone for 17 miles of creek .point blank disgusting..

zooker
Old 08-20-05, 09:52 PM   #4
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Laser that Bullet will do that out of the box. Get Henrick props to cut your prop for you and it will lift higher and run faster. If you have never driven against the chine you may want to take it easy for a few days and work into it.If you want to send the prop to DAH props let ,me know and I will send you the address and phone. He cuts all the props for Bullet. Just tell him what boat and motor and he will rework the prop. They charge about $300 to do the job. It is money well spent. Go to the Bullet web site . You can find it through Bass Boat Central. Send Ried Cox any questions you may have , He will answer all . Does it have a hydraulic jack plate or fixed?Does it have low water pick ups as compared to lowered water pick ups? You can run a 10 inch set back and lift a little higher. Load your gear so the boat is transom heavy nose light. Thats a great boat. Fishes comfortable and dry and runs very fast. With a little tweeking you can get over 90 mph. Fish2win
P.S always watch your water pressure. That motor needs a new impellor every 2 years. It might be a good idea to get one done now. be sure and use synthetic oil.
Old 08-21-05, 02:56 AM   #5
Rodman_Rob

86 mph .....in a bass boat, that's insane.
Old 08-21-05, 09:27 AM   #6
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodman_Rob
86 mph .....in a bass boat, that's insane.
Welcome to the world of non-boater fishing How about 73MPH in 46 degree weather, on a river with floating trees, bigger than the boat

Lizards
Old 08-21-05, 12:54 PM   #7
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule
Welcome to the world of non-boater fishing How about 73MPH in 46 degree weather, on a river with floating trees, bigger than the boat

Lizards
and thats the kinda crap that pisses me off while on the water, nothing worse than being on a narrow river, have some idiot come flying around the corner causing enough wake to throw me up on the stumps while trying to catch fish. I can understand people wanting to get out to enjoy their boat and open it up, but some people are just plain irresponsible with the type of machines available today.
Old 08-21-05, 04:04 PM   #8
zooker

86 aint that fast i have been up to 94 mph in a boat. it was as fast as my buddy would push it. now me i have been over 180mph on a bike so that type of speed don't freak me out to much.

rodman
you are right some of the poeple who own these boats. need to learn to drive the things right .

lizards
there is a thing called"100mph suits" they are called this for a reason. they will keep you warm in the condition you stated above. oh yeah protection at that speed aint cheap exspect to drop well over $500 for them..

zooker
Old 08-21-05, 04:30 PM   #9
pig n jig

Zooker, it ain't the speed that you gotta worry about . Its the sudden stop when you have hit something that will ruin your day.I guess I am getting too old, give me a nice boat with a 135 HP outboard & I would be one happy camper. Camping out on my favorite stretches of water to fish. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-05, 08:33 PM   #10
zooker

pnj
at that speed the boat is only sticking down in the water about 10" or less-mostly less.

oh yeah i aint hauling my boat to ny either there sparky.

zooker
Old 08-22-05, 06:32 AM   #11
1FASTLASER

All points well taken that some of you have posted. I used to fish in pa and it really sucked that you had a 60mph boat+ and could only run it when it was cold. Greenwood was a lake that really got under my skin. If memory serves me right 11 miles long and a 45 mph speed limit during the day and 15@night. Most boats cant stay on plane at 25. Anyway I have always been one to shall I say be nice or courteous to the other fisherman because I know how it is to be on fish or in a smaller boat and some jac$!@# comes flying by within casting distance and throws you all over h*** and back. Everyone deserves to be on the water so why cant we all get along comes to mind. As far as having a fishin partner I have always carried a extra helmet and snowsuit for my partner just in case he doesnt have one.
Old 08-22-05, 06:34 AM   #12
1FASTLASER

By the way Fish2Win I'll be hollering atcha latet if I pull this one off. I am on pins and needles waiting for there response today.
Old 08-22-05, 10:38 AM   #13
Unregistered

Good Luck Laser! Fish2win
Old 08-22-05, 05:24 PM   #14
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Yea man good luck hope you get that beast and post up sum pics
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-05, 06:50 PM   #15
zooker

so did your old lady banish you to the dog's house yet? hope you taught him to not fart with it is dark out..

lol

zooker
Old 08-23-05, 05:00 AM   #16
1FASTLASER

Well the bank said yes as lonf as I pay off the other loan I got with them. Have to wait 2 weeks to do that. Called the now owner of the bullet told me Its in the garage call me when you comin down. YAHOOOOOOOO Looks like I got me a BULLET. Talk about excited finally a dream come true.
Old 08-23-05, 07:19 AM   #17
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER
Well the bank said yes as lonf as I pay off the other loan I got with them. Have to wait 2 weeks to do that. Called the now owner of the bullet told me Its in the garage call me when you comin down. YAHOOOOOOOO Looks like I got me a BULLET. Talk about excited finally a dream come true.
Congrats, glad it's all working out. I will say that I was told by a very reputable fellow from this board That I need to be nervous if I have to ride with a "Bullet" owner, those boats are too dang(he used another word) fast Guess I gotta go find a Helmet now Hope you have one for you buddies riding with you, never thought to get a helmet for boating, until I got to riding with some folks in these tourneys I know I would appreciate someone having one for me.

Lizards
Old 08-23-05, 09:31 AM   #18
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

bullets are prolly the nicest boats made. ive ridden in a lot of different types of boats and i love bullets and the old champions. but bullets are faster so i would go with the bullet.
Old 08-25-05, 05:51 AM   #19
1FASTLASER

Lizards no problem buddy. Being I used to live in pa and fished allover the northeast I have learned about inclement weather and a boat not having a second console. Helmets,snowsuit and rainsuit are all standard HAVE TO HAVE items in my boat. LOL they just dont always fot reel well for my partner but at the time who cares,right.LOL I learned about the helmet thing after fishing a tourney at a lake i pa called montauk. Man what a miserable day. 8 hrs fishing in freezing rain 2 fish caught outta 18 boats and 36 anglers. I lost the tourney by a mere 1/2oz. The other fish weighed 13ozs mine was 12 1/2oz. Didnt have a helemet at the time but everyone else did. I looked like a popsicle with legs by the end of the day.
Old 08-25-05, 09:42 AM   #20
NCBUXNDUX
BassFishin.Com Member

Laser-Lemme' know when you need a partner. Even though I love my Stratos, I wouldn't mind strapping my *** in a bullet,and being the first boat out at 6:15 am on a slick lake. Any chance I can drive???
Old 08-25-05, 07:29 PM   #21
zooker

nc
when she is like glass they all ride great give them some chop and it is like riding on a cement truck with square wheels...

zooker
Old 08-26-05, 06:27 AM   #22
1FASTLASER

NCBUXANDUX no problem at all buddy. Seings as you already have a big boat I wouldnt mind lettin you pilot as fas as that goes anyone that rides would be able to get a chance. And yes there aint nuthin like a 3 or 4 inch chop on the water and a fast well handling boat. Now ya'll know what makes me feel like I'm 16 again. Settin the water on fire and havin a skeeter hit ya and feel like a brick. YEAAAAAAAA!!!! .

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.