Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 01-23-11, 08:09 PM   #1
BBD
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default 2001 Tracker Marine Nitro 700 LX DC

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/boa/2114385095.html

He asking too much for this guys? I've already texted him a ton of questions regarding the boat. Waiting on a response now.

He say's OBO and would like to get away with paying 3800 for it if I can get him that low. Also, will that boat be underpowered with a 90 on the back??
BBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 08:29 PM   #2
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

90hp on a 17' will work, but you will not be going very fast. Probably 40-42 mph tops. And with a prop capable of that, it will most likely be a dog out of the hole, unless you're the size of Mini-Me and pack the boat very light.

In this economy, I'd be offering less than 4800 for sure. And just so you know, Nitros from those years are not exactly known for their outstanding fit and finish.
Old 01-23-11, 08:41 PM   #3
BBD

This is what the guy has told me so far and thanks Nofear!

"Motor rebuilt in 09 by Caps Marine middleburg. He has service records. 2 things don't work...depth finder(wire pulled out transducer) and live well lever. I'll fix both these before selling. Motor was cranked and run 3 weeks ago. Hasn't been in lake since october in kingsley lake. Never salt always lake or pond use. No cracks. Trailer is good. I can meet u to look at it or water test with u...I bought the boat 3/09 to find out the previous owner sold me a sand blasted motor. I took it in for maintenance and the tech told me it was hurt. All new components now. I'm selling cause I just had to have a boat but only used it 5 times last year. someone else would get better use."
Old 01-23-11, 09:54 PM   #4
bamabassman

RUN IT LIKE YA STOLE IT!!! turn on EVERYTHING. read over ALL the paper work. talk to the mechanic too.
Old 01-23-11, 10:32 PM   #5
Embrey
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

heres what sticks out to me...you want to buy something and youre TEXTING the guy. ive got stuff for sale, and ill be the first to tell you, i HATE THAT. if you are serious, use the PHONE! you cant possibly be serious and ask all the questions you want while texting. that will take hours. and that said, every person that texts me to buy something always has no money or wants to trade something junk that they have. that isnt you is it? anyway, my 17ft has a 175 on it and id say its about right....
Embrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-11, 10:44 PM   #6
BBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embrey View Post
heres what sticks out to me...you want to buy something and youre TEXTING the guy. ive got stuff for sale, and ill be the first to tell you, i HATE THAT. if you are serious, use the PHONE! you cant possibly be serious and ask all the questions you want while texting. that will take hours. and that said, every person that texts me to buy something always has no money or wants to trade something junk that they have. that isnt you is it? anyway, my 17ft has a 175 on it and id say its about right....
- really?

I'm sorry that you don't approve of my method of correspondence but it's not that serious, it's really not.
Old 01-23-11, 10:48 PM   #7
nofearengineer

Here's what sticks out to me, Embrey. You're being a jerk to a guy for no reason at all. What did it serve you to come down on him like that?
Old 01-24-11, 03:08 PM   #8
Embrey
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

just an observation. really dont care. every time somebody texts me for something,i dont even reply anymore. its a joke...lol
Embrey is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.