Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 08-25-06, 12:08 AM   #1
danny25
BassFishin.Com Member

Default eagle 320 problem, need help

I have had a eagle 320 for over a year now and i started having this problem about 6 months after i got it. When you turn the unit on everything is fine reads temp fine and depth fine. Troll or sit still for a while and the depth will read crazy depths. It will usually go back to read only 1 to 2 feet of water. I thought it was my mount because before i was using a 4" hose clamp, but i have swithed to a Johnny Ray shaft mount and it is still doing this. Anyone ever seen this??
danny25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 08:54 AM   #2
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny25 View Post
I have had a eagle 320 for over a year now and i started having this problem about 6 months after i got it. When you turn the unit on everything is fine reads temp fine and depth fine. Troll or sit still for a while and the depth will read crazy depths. It will usually go back to read only 1 to 2 feet of water. I thought it was my mount because before i was using a 4" hose clamp, but i have swithed to a Johnny Ray shaft mount and it is still doing this. Anyone ever seen this??

Check your transducer. Usually they have a break away of some short to keep from ripping it off. Or in my case a bolt came out. But I put it back on correctly and it's working fine. Just a thought, not sure if it's the problem or not, but a quick look will tell you.

Lizards
Old 08-25-06, 09:40 AM   #3
danny25
BassFishin.Com Member

thanks, i tried that already, i was wondering if it was something in one of the settings in the menu. Some of them confuse me, like the set keel and i think it is something about bow speed? Not sure if that is correct term.
Old 08-25-06, 01:22 PM   #4
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I have a 320c that I bought about 2 weeks ago and have noticed this every once in a while. It seems like when there are really heavy weeds it wiill do this, but even when I get out of the weeds it still does it for a little while. I have had to shut it off once, wait, and turn it back on to get it to work again. It is very detailed though and I like it so far.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 03:07 PM   #5
Crazykidd
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Crazykidd

I have the same problem, so I just reset it and then it will work just fine. I was told it does this from the vibration of the trolling motor.
Crazykidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 07:08 PM   #6
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

nope used mine 5 years with no problem what so ever.. the only thing it will do is read funny in very shallow water -2 feet or less.

zooker
Old 08-26-06, 12:50 AM   #7
danny25
BassFishin.Com Member

yeah, i can reset mine and it works great usually, but sometimes it will happen like every 3 minutes so i get tired of it and turn it off
Old 08-26-06, 12:51 AM   #8
danny25
BassFishin.Com Member

oh by the way, this place is great
Old 08-26-06, 10:13 AM   #9
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

That was pretty much the only time I had to power off, was when in less than 1 foot and then moved back into the deep. It acted like it could not receive a signal back from the transducer. I thought I hit something, but there was nothing wrong with it.
I would call LEI and ask them about it. I have heard about a software glitch on the LMS-334 iGPS and the tech support walked the guy through fixing it so maybe they can help with this too. If you call them post up what they say, I am curious in case I have the same problem down the road.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.