Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 03-01-14, 11:07 PM   #1
Embrey
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Table rock in april?

Anybody on here fish there often? Ill be down there for the first time ever the first and second week of april for our 10 year anniversary and probably wont ever be there again. Knowing absolutely nothing about it, what is the general type of patterns and areas i should look into at that time? Just trying to get a sort of gameplan to catch a few while im there. Taking the boat down to fish ,and wont be on the water but a few of the days,and would like to make my time useful. Lol
Embrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-14, 04:28 AM   #2
bluebasser86

I fish it pretty often, but would never claim to be any kind of expert on the lake. You can catch them doing about anything in April. Jigs, shakyheads, and drop shots are always fish catchers there, usually in natural colors. By April you might be looking at some topwater and blade fish also. For the real up to date stuff check this place out http://forums.ozarkanglers.com/forum/5-table-rock-lake/
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-14, 03:44 AM   #3
Embrey

ok, thanks. kinda what i figured, but i know absolutely 0 about it so far. lol
Old 03-26-14, 11:44 PM   #4
merc1997
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embrey View Post
Anybody on here fish there often? Ill be down there for the first time ever the first and second week of april for our 10 year anniversary and probably wont ever be there again. Knowing absolutely nothing about it, what is the general type of patterns and areas i should look into at that time? Just trying to get a sort of gameplan to catch a few while im there. Taking the boat down to fish ,and wont be on the water but a few of the days,and would like to make my time useful. Lol
what area are you going to be at, and you will be here when night fishing for big ones is great.

bo
merc1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-14, 10:13 PM   #5
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Embrey, watch the next Bass Master competition.
Takes place on April 3rd, at Table Rock.

Hopefully it will air before you go.....
Old 03-30-14, 07:49 AM   #6
bluebasser86

I'll be down there Thursday through Sunday to watch the Elites and do some fishing. If you don't go before then I'll be glad to give you a report.
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-14, 01:56 PM   #7
Embrey

I was here Sunday ,and still am. So far I'm on a great pattern of 6 fish a day. It's ok, but not too hot. Lol. I came in at noon today,or I was gonna empty my tank running around for nothing.
Old 04-08-14, 04:55 PM   #8
Embrey

Oh, and I'm down at bent hook marina. I've fished from there up to Indian.
Old 04-10-14, 11:14 PM   #9
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

6 more a day than me! lol

Sounds like you're havin a good time
Old 04-14-14, 05:43 PM   #10
CamG

If you are looking for numbers, find a bluff wall and throw a 1/4 oz shakey head with some sort of watermelon color. You can catch 50+ Spots pretty easily, even on a bad day. Look for steeper bluffs with 10-20 feet of water on shelves, dropping into deep water.

If you are looking for bigger fish, find chunk rock a wind a square bill or Wiggle Wort in a crawfish pattern.

I've been going down the second or third week in April for many years...no matter what I can get on these patterns.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-14, 06:58 PM   #11
merc1997
BassFishin.Com Active Member

if you are on the lower end, you need to be trying jerk baits in the clearer water, and go up long creek to find some water color and try crankbaits. i understand the green slimy moss in the clear water is really bad right now. you have to fish something off the bottom in that stuff.

bo
merc1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 05:49 PM   #12
Embrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc1997 View Post
if you are on the lower end, you need to be trying jerk baits in the clearer water, and go up long creek to find some water color and try crankbaits. i understand the green slimy moss in the clear water is really bad right now. you have to fish something off the bottom in that stuff.

bo
thats exactly what i did. i had some 20-30 fish days (actually half days.lol). just never could get the big bites. had quite a few keepers but nothing id consider pic worthy.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.