Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-06, 08:21 PM   #26
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

4" red shad powerworm...good for what ails ya.
Old 05-31-06, 08:31 PM   #27
pig n jig

Laser,I hope I didn't give you the wrong idea of me liking to carolina rig, I was stating that it works day in and day out.I Carolina rig because of my fishing partner is a points chaser, so he can qualify to fish the BFL. The french fry carolina rig will put 5 fish in the livewell quick and sometimes you won't have to change up to cull.If I had my way, I would fish zara spook jr's and jigs all day long, with the addition of a rattle trap on the cloudy days they are scattered, but not biting topwater and a senko when the jigs aren't working. I use a 4 foot flourocarbon leader and gob smelly jelly on the french fry bait. The smelly jelly is like a strong scented vasoline. It allows the bait to slide through the grass easier.The french fry , or centipede is a blunt do nothing chunk of plastic. it doesn't flex or have any appendages to cling to the weeds, like a lizard, or ribbontail worm will.The bites vary as bassman said. I get alot of what I call gift fish, they suddenly appear as I am dragging the rig along bottom.I don't know if its because I am usually fishing deeper depths 7-14 ft depth, or I don't like fishing it and don't pay as much attention, concentrating on keeping the boat positioned along the outside weed edges. Alot of times I will put the trolling motor on low and troll along the weededges until we run into fish, you can cover alot of water carolina rigging, but its not exciting like a bass blowing up on a topwater bait, or throwing down and getting thumped on a jig in heavy cover. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-06, 05:59 AM   #28
Zach_BassFisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I'd have to say wave worms, powerbait, yum, and then zoom in that order, wave worms produce the best for me
Old 06-01-06, 06:16 AM   #29
1FASTLASER

Morning Zack. You up awful early.
Old 06-01-06, 08:54 AM   #30
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

If I could only use one soft plastic in one color it would be a Junebug Baby Brushhog.

Eric
BassAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-06, 12:19 PM   #31
Rodman_Rob

black plastic worms have always been good producers along with flukes in a natural color.
Old 06-02-06, 12:39 PM   #32
H2O

Senko & its knockoff

lizards

sweet beaver
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-06, 02:22 PM   #33
NCBUXNDUX
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Hey Pig N Jig-You are killing me!

SHHHHH on the Cotton Candy Centipede C-RIG, I thought I was the only one who knew that secret.
Old 06-02-06, 05:44 PM   #34
youngbassman77

5" Keeper Custom Worms in Chartreuse
Gary Yamamoto Senkos - 5" Watermelon with large green flakes
Gary Yamamoto- 4" single tail grubs - rootbeer w/ black flakes
Gary Yamamoto- 5" double hula tail grub - rootbeer w/ black flakes

these five produce pretty well for me... a lot of other colors do too, but i usually use the ones mentioned above the most..

~YBM
youngbassman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-06, 10:54 PM   #35
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER
PBJ

Sounds like you c rig alot. Man I could use some tips on the crig. I have tried it got all the componebts necessary to c-rig but havent got that damn technique figured out. Any tips would be GREAT. Remeber I fish where weeds are the norm unless I move out to deeper water.
PBJ rotfl

Use the Mojo weights when in vegetation. Same setup, but with a Mojo weight. Drag the rig, do not hop it, just drag it slowly through.

Lizards
Old 06-06-06, 06:00 AM   #36
1FASTLASER

Default Glad to see ya around

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBUXNDUX
SHHHHH on the Cotton Candy Centipede C-RIG, I thought I was the only one who knew that secret.
I would have to say hands down that watermelon cotton candy baby brush hog works anywhere,anytime,any water, Just seems to me that it doesnt matter about any condition this color will produce, not saying that others wont but this particular color always produces for me when I am fishing plastics.
Old 06-06-06, 07:17 PM   #37
zooker

my basic colors are junebug,watermelon seed ,green pumkin. 90% of my plastic baits are this color. i like water melon seed french fries. when i c-rig i use a trick worm or a french fry the time of day dictates when i use what..
in c-rigging there is several schools of rod positions and several methods. rods are run either 9-11 oclock the straight up postition or crank bait style. methods run from cranked in like a crank bait to a slow drag method some drag it some sweep it..
i use both the c-rig imo is a slow presentation for deep water. i am not fond of drop shotting.. i belive in rigging a c-rig with nothing heavier than a 1/2oz sinker as the heavier the sinker all you feel is the sinker digging into the bottom. i like to feel the bait bumping along. i never rig with braid but prefure mono..

zooker
Old 06-06-06, 09:25 PM   #38
Rebbasser

Hey Laser-I fish rocky lakes a LOT. I started using a Lindy Rattlin' No-Snagg sinker-here's the link:

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...arTextId=30018

Although they are not completely snag free they come through weeds and rocks better than a conventional C-rig setup.
Old 06-06-06, 09:55 PM   #39
zooker

nc
if i had to fish that lake i would also use that worm..

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.