Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-07, 04:42 PM   #1
McGunner
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Transducer Question

I took my boat out for the first time since coming back stateside today and broke the plastic arm that holds my transom mounted transducer to the mounting bracket. Here's my question; Can I purchase only the transducer head with the arm that attaches to the mounting bracket alone or do I have to get a new transducer with cable attached, pull all my old cable and re-run the new stuff when I replace the transducer head itself?
Old 05-20-07, 04:50 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

you should be able to get a new mounting bracket.buy it's self..

zooker
Old 05-20-07, 07:12 PM   #3
McGunner
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm not needing to replace the mountaing bracket. The arm that is part of the one piece transducer that sets into the water is what I need to replace. Obviously, being all one piece, I am assuming that I will have to replace the entire HEAD of the transducer? My question is, can I purchase the transducer itself without the cable or do I have to buy the transducer head with cable and run the wire all over again? I can only find the transducer with the attached cable on line and in the stores.

Thanks.
Old 05-20-07, 08:01 PM   #4
zooker

ok you need the transducer it self.. yeah ya need to buy a whole new transducer..

zooker
Old 05-20-07, 09:27 PM   #5
Rebbasser

Welcome back and thanks for your service!

Yep, you'll probably have to get a new transducer. I had to replace one of mine for the same reason. Ordered one from BPS-not a problem to replace.
Old 05-25-07, 07:26 AM   #6
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thanks for your time over there. And hate to tell ya ya gonna have to bite the bullet and get a new transduce. I did the same thing 2 weeks ago on my Lowrance unit. 55mph and a floating log threw mine into the back of the boat.
Old 05-25-07, 07:49 AM   #7
links_man2
BassFishin.Com Active Member

You have to get a new transducer that has the cable attached. You will have to rerun the cable. Might want to tie some heavy cord to the connection end before you pull it out then you can use that to pull the new cable back up to the unit.
links_man2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-07, 09:47 PM   #8
Rebbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER View Post
Thanks for your time over there. And hate to tell ya ya gonna have to bite the bullet and get a new transduce. I did the same thing 2 weeks ago on my Lowrance unit. 55mph and a floating log threw mine into the back of the boat.
Better the transducer than the lower unit.
Old 05-29-07, 09:21 AM   #9
Recon8541
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Looks like youll have to replace the whole thing. I think most trans have the cable permanently attached. The only other option is if you have both parts you could use some type of adhesive to glue it back together. Try a product called quik steel it worked great on my repairs. Of course this is only good if you still have all the pieces.

Good Luck

Recon

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.