Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-07, 10:59 AM   #1
bigbassdan16
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to bigbassdan16 Send a message via Yahoo to bigbassdan16
Default hey need help on my boat

my boat is about 9 to 10 foot boat i just need some help theres no live well and theres no seating on the boat i need to put work done on it its like a jon boat but its made out of the foam that u get when u buy a remote controll car that white stuff but mine is hard ill put pics up on here to show what my boat looks like and see what u think i should do i really need some ideas on it i want to put a live well in it and three seats on it let me know i will put a pic of the boat on here
bigbassdan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-07, 04:28 PM   #2
FlyRod
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassdan16 View Post
my boat is about 9 to 10 foot boat i just need some help theres no live well and theres no seating on the boat i need to put work done on it its like a jon boat but its made out of the foam that u get when u buy a remote controll car that white stuff but mine is hard ill put pics up on here to show what my boat looks like and see what u think i should do i really need some ideas on it i want to put a live well in it and three seats on it let me know i will put a pic of the boat on here
"Taps" has been sounded by a lone bugler. The riflemen have fired their volleys.
RIP, English language

FlyRod
I be speekin' Ingleesh!
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-07, 04:53 PM   #3
Christopherkeene9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbassdan16 View Post
Huh
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-07, 05:55 PM   #4
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

bassindan, let me helpyou inthis way but first How do I install an RPM?
Ok, I am working on building a MythTV box using MythDora.
I have installed and played around with Linux in the past, starting with Redhat 5.1 way back when.
But I never really got in-depth into it.
More of just installing the OS, playing around with some of the included programs, then wiping it and putting XP back on.
Well, now I am going to go all out and build a linux box that I want to keep and learn how to use.
So, I download the MythDora iso, burn it, install it.
Small problems, but it has more to do with my hardware than Linux, so I'll move on.
Ok, I get it all installed. It comes with a VNC viewer already installed, which is great since that is what I use on my network at home.
I have 6 computers all hooked up, but only one monitor.
I use a switch box for 4 of them, then VNC only for the other 2.
But there seems to be something wrong with the RealVNC view that is installed by default.
It won't let me connect to my other computers by name or IP address.
I can ping them just fine, though.So, I thought, maybe, MAYBE, RealVNC just doesn't like the Ultr@VNC that I use on the others.
So, I go and download TightVNC thinking that might work.
Well, it comes in an RPM format. Great, I think. MythDora is based off Fedore Core, so that should work fine.
So I got the packages downloaded, but being a newb, I try to double-click them, but a box pops up asking what program I want to use to open them.
Huh? It's an RPM, shouldn't it install?
Then I remember something about right-clicking and picking some unpacking option.
Nope, not there either.
So, I go back to the Tight VNC website thinking maybe they had some install instructions.
Nope.
Then that seemed to be the dominant theme wherever I looked.
I tried Googling Install VNC in Linux.
Got a lot of replies, but they all seemed to just say: Ok, now install VNC, then after it is installed......BAH!
Just about everywhere I looked it just said the same thing: Ok, install VNC now, then......
I think that was why I never was able to get far in learning linux. So many things just assumed you knew how to do something.
So, I decided I would do it from the command prompt.
Ok, got terminal, cd to the right directory.
rpm -ivh tightvnc-etc {enter}
Not a valid package.
?
Huh
Ok, maybe it is corrupt.
Go back to the website again. re-download.
Nada.
Ok, MythDora is a mutant of Fedora.
It automatically logs you on as a user named MythTV.
So, I log out and log in as root.
No Joy.
I turned it off and went to bed.
Now I am a little calmer today at work, so I am going to try to find some more information about how to install TightVNC.
I need n00b hand-holding step-by-step directions on this.
Good luck to me, I guess.
Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.
butgetting back to your quetion just take a big styrofoamcooler, like the kinda material your remotecontrol car box was come in and then for a seat I'd get something with a back support, and portable but not necessarily bolted to the foam type boat that is like that box you got the remotecontrol car in I'll put pics up of the mythodora iso and see what you guys think
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-07, 08:14 PM   #5
noboatyet
BassFishin.Com Member

What the hell does a styrofoam boat look like......is that safe?
noboatyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-07, 09:03 PM   #6
zooker

we be rowin thru the bullsh!t tonight..

zooker
Old 06-04-07, 09:32 PM   #7
JB

yathink............
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-07, 10:10 PM   #8
Christopherkeene9

The start of summer, better get my waders out!
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-07, 04:19 PM   #9
flbassman

I'm thinking you want to use duct tape. And a lotta Wd-40. Probably. But maybe not.
Old 06-08-07, 02:47 PM   #10
Captmikestarrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
bassindan, let me helpyou inthis way but first How do I install an RPM?
Ok, I am working on building a MythTV box using MythDora.
I have installed and played around with Linux in the past, starting with Redhat 5.1 way back when.
But I never really got in-depth into it.
More of just installing the OS, playing around with some of the included programs, then wiping it and putting XP back on.
Well, now I am going to go all out and build a linux box that I want to keep and learn how to use.
So, I download the MythDora iso, burn it, install it.
Small problems, but it has more to do with my hardware than Linux, so I'll move on.
Ok, I get it all installed. It comes with a VNC viewer already installed, which is great since that is what I use on my network at home.
I have 6 computers all hooked up, but only one monitor.
I use a switch box for 4 of them, then VNC only for the other 2.
But there seems to be something wrong with the RealVNC view that is installed by default.
It won't let me connect to my other computers by name or IP address.
I can ping them just fine, though.So, I thought, maybe, MAYBE, RealVNC just doesn't like the Ultr@VNC that I use on the others.
So, I go and download TightVNC thinking that might work.
Well, it comes in an RPM format. Great, I think. MythDora is based off Fedore Core, so that should work fine.
So I got the packages downloaded, but being a newb, I try to double-click them, but a box pops up asking what program I want to use to open them.
Huh? It's an RPM, shouldn't it install?
Then I remember something about right-clicking and picking some unpacking option.
Nope, not there either.
So, I go back to the Tight VNC website thinking maybe they had some install instructions.
Nope.
Then that seemed to be the dominant theme wherever I looked.
I tried Googling Install VNC in Linux.
Got a lot of replies, but they all seemed to just say: Ok, now install VNC, then after it is installed......BAH!
Just about everywhere I looked it just said the same thing: Ok, install VNC now, then......
I think that was why I never was able to get far in learning linux. So many things just assumed you knew how to do something.
So, I decided I would do it from the command prompt.
Ok, got terminal, cd to the right directory.
rpm -ivh tightvnc-etc {enter}
Not a valid package.
?
Huh
Ok, maybe it is corrupt.
Go back to the website again. re-download.
Nada.
Ok, MythDora is a mutant of Fedora.
It automatically logs you on as a user named MythTV.
So, I log out and log in as root.
No Joy.
I turned it off and went to bed.
Now I am a little calmer today at work, so I am going to try to find some more information about how to install TightVNC.
I need n00b hand-holding step-by-step directions on this.
Good luck to me, I guess.
Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.
butgetting back to your quetion just take a big styrofoamcooler, like the kinda material your remotecontrol car box was come in and then for a seat I'd get something with a back support, and portable but not necessarily bolted to the foam type boat that is like that box you got the remotecontrol car in I'll put pics up of the mythodora iso and see what you guys think
Although the VNC is ok for remote connections i would lean toward a more robust app like Dameware. And Fedora is dead trust me.

Capt Mike

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.