Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 01-21-07, 07:55 PM   #1
Fuzzyfellar
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Stupid question

Im not new to fishing but I was just wondering if some of you could answer a question.

I want to start a folder of information from different articles,websites and information i get when im out fishing. Do any of you do this and if you do what ways do you go about doing it? As in, do you make copies of articles for different species and catagorize it to that specie etc etc? I really wish I knew a person who could make like a database for the computer cuz I think it would come in really handy for fisherman. That being said if one of you start this i want my cut!!!!! hahaha

Thanks
Fuzzy
Fuzzyfellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-07, 08:15 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

There are alot of ways to do that and its pretty easy.
You can write your thought on the computers NOTEPAD and save every entry to a folder like MY DOCUMENTS or MY BRIEFCASE
just go to START, PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES and then NOTEPAD, write away and then go to FILE and save to MY DOCUMENTS.
Also, any webite article or picture, you can right click on and save to the same MY DOCUMENTS.

You can do the same in WORD for the diary part.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-07, 10:41 PM   #3
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

You can cut articles you like out of fishing mags and scan them into your computer, then sort by type.
Old 01-23-07, 05:21 AM   #4
islandbass

Yep! Sort it any way you like. For example, I keep folders for:

Maintenance How Tos for Reels
Lure Making
Fishing Techniques
Personal Gear (I have the name, model and specs of all my rods and reels in one document)
Best Articles
Booklist of all the books I've read, with author and ISBNs so I can find them quickly at any library
Journal
Forum Threads
Various Fishing Images
Catalogs (pdf versions)
WA State Fish and Wildlife publications and regulations

The number of folders you keep and how you categorize it is up to you. One last thing... Don't forget to backup your files periodically.
Old 01-23-07, 05:24 PM   #5
flbassman

Dang Ib....I wish I was that organized...I've got a shelf full of old catalogs, magazines, and books....Someday I'll have a nice organized folder.
Old 01-23-07, 10:00 PM   #6
weaverml34
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I get on bassresource.com a lot to read the articles posted on their site. If I like the article I will copy it and paste it in Microsoft Word. If you high light the text and right click and copy is not an option all you need to do is hit ctrl+c and it will copy it and then you can paste it.
weaverml34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-07, 09:05 PM   #7
Fuzzyfellar
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks for the great ideas guys.....I really appreciate it.....
Fuzzyfellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-07, 08:12 PM   #8
NJBassDevil
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I did it when I was new to fishing too. I got alot of articals off of this site and other sites and put them together in a 2" ring binder. I dont use it anymore becuase its pretty basic but it tough me alot when I started.
Old 02-01-07, 08:23 PM   #9
Bassinkid
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I think that surfing the web and saving the info and tips you get saved to your computer is a realy good way to go as long as different sites give you the same info and are not contradicting eachother so you will know that this is a idea not just made up but is a relavent opinion or fact. Bassmaster and other magazines are good info providers as well but they only talk about 1 species of fish most of the time in magazines. I have printed off many papers that are saved on my computer to have with me in my tackle box too and that really helps because your mind just draws a blank sometimes and it is really good when your already out on the water and dont have anything else to refrence to.
Bassinkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-07, 11:39 AM   #10
Big Mac
BassFishin.Com Member

Don't forget your bassing log, if you keep one.

......mac
Big Mac is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.