Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 01-24-08, 07:39 PM   #26
basskicker
BassFishin.Com Active Member

hey, im doing good. i got my cousin in here(basskickerz cuz) kind of copied my name but thats ok. he does a little fishing every once in a while when he can. he gets a little cocky sometimes though. ill get him to post on this thread.
Old 01-24-08, 08:07 PM   #27
Bob Smith
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by basskicker View Post
hey, im doing good. i got my cousin in here(basskickerz cuz) kind of copied my name but thats ok. he does a little fishing every once in a while when he can. he gets a little cocky sometimes though. ill get him to post on this thread.

Way to go, Bubba! Todd and I was emailing back and forth today and I told him about you, but I don't have your name. So he wasn't able to put a face with Basskicker!
Todd's son is 17 years old and fishes competitively already in your neck of the woods. He is the example of having a dad in the boat business and also a dad that was was/is one the best high performance experts in the business. Todd's son fishes out of Allison Bass Boat (new).
Old 01-25-08, 12:18 AM   #28
jooleyen

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen

I'm 13 - turning 14 on the 4th, and bass fishing is my life. If I couldn't fish for bass, I'd shoot myself...I guess I really don't see how that is possible, because the only thing that would stop me from fishing for bass is if I lost my hands...I wouldn't be able to shoot myself with no hands.
If I'm not fishing, I am preparing tackle or doing something to better my techniques. I am constantly flipping and pitching in my house. I even walk my dog with a fishing rod in the other hand. Yes, I am crazy; just ask Lunker-Lander.

I own a 16' john-boat made around 30 years ago by a plumber, but it's currently undergoing construction and should be all better by the summertime. I live right next to Little Muskego Lake, which I believe holds some of the biggest bass and best bass fishing in my area. I fish on Okauchee Lake often because it's free to launch and park. Last summer I wasn't able to fish from our boat, so I drove around and searched for ponds and places that didn't require boats. I found "The Lannon Quarry", and I fished there for 33 consecutive days.

I actually hated fishing when I was younger. I had this image that it was boring. Two years ago on June 26th, my family and I went to Winnebago Lake to stay at a cottage. I was fishing with a worm and I caught a bluegill. That was when it all started for me. I fish with my dad all of the time and am extremely competitive. I fish with my young grandpa when I'm not fishing with my dad. I have a very strong feeling that bass fishing will be my life in the future, because when I start something, I go all out and won't settle for anything but the best. My family is very supportive and will help me follow my dreams, so I am doing everything I can to get as good as I can at bass fishing, and staying at the highest level I possibly can. You guys have been a great help.
So there is my fishing history!
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-08, 07:04 PM   #29
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Joolz, that awesome. My opinion is that if you mix something you love to do such as fishing into your worklife, you may not like it as much. This is just my opinion though. Although fishing for a living would be boat loads of fun (no pun intended)

BB
Old 01-25-08, 10:35 PM   #30
basskicker

it is in consideration for me to try and take up fishing for a living. im gonna fish the nonboater side of some tournaments until i get through high school and college, then i might go into it full time as a boater and have my education as a backup and to help me get some sponsers.
Old 01-25-08, 10:44 PM   #31
basskickerz_cuz
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to basskickerz_cuz Send a message via Yahoo to basskickerz_cuz

I am 16 and basskickers cousin. I fish when I can but thats not as often as I would like to. I fish mostly with him and my dad. Having 2, 1 acre ponds lets me be able to fish when I can, but pond fishing isn't as exhiliarating as fishing in a lake or a river such as Barkley and Kentucky lake as well as the Tennessee River and the Cumberland River.
Old 01-25-08, 11:15 PM   #32
jooleyen

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen

I thing many would agree with you BigBassin'. It all depends on your personality. I think the things you do for work or hobbies can get tedious at times, but that is when you have to work your hardest and get through it. I think thats when good things come.
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-08, 06:47 AM   #33
ESipes_89

Send a message via MSN to ESipes_89

Hi everyone,

Bet you haven't heard from me in a while. lol, WINTER SUCKS!!!!! I'm goin' fishin today though. HAHA!!! I've caught a grand total of 3 bass this year and 2 were spots. Hopefully that will change today.

I'm 18 and have been fishing for a few years and this year I finally got my 14yo brother interested. I swear he's hooked better than a catfish on a crawdad. (I know I'm a hick) I even take along some of his friends when they want to go, so fishing in Cordell is gonna be a long running tradition.

As for where I normally fish is in farm ponds (~60+ acres). They are a rich untapped resource in most areas that hold some real hawgs. I usually fish with the pastor of one of our local churches with his 10 foot bass-buggy. Sadly, I had to get him started on bass fishin'. He's a Nebraska crappie fisherman. Those lil' devils can be fun with light tackle though.

-Eric
Old 01-26-08, 08:15 PM   #34
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by jooleyen View Post
I thing many would agree with you BigBassin'. It all depends on your personality. I think the things you do for work or hobbies can get tedious at times, but that is when you have to work your hardest and get through it. I think thats when good things come.
You know, if you're fishing and have a really, really, crappy day you can always stop and say, "I'll try again tomarrow" If Fishing is your job, you can't. If you could do that with your job, there'd be no one at work right now.

BB
Old 01-26-08, 08:51 PM   #35
crankybait

Just turned 15 here... Dont know if many of the newer members would really know me, haven't been around much because of school. Sophmore year is a Killer. But for those that don't know, My name is Pranoy. I live in Marlboro, go to Highschool in Neptune. Reason for not fishing much this year has been Chemistry... Toughest class in the entire school... The seniors still hurt from it. Ironically enough now it's my highest scoring subject... But When I had time, I'd be researching, makng a few lures, and fishing. Semester done now, hopefully I can get back to that. Plan on being a doctor in the future, which really does clash with fishing time... most of my summer will be spent working in various hospitals. I will be living in the Bronx in the summer for a while because I'm doing some research at a college there... Anyone around there, Let me know because I'd love to wet a line. Been fishing for maybe 4 years now, this is my second year of actively fishing. Last year I was on here all the time and the guys here did a great job of making me an educated fisherman. I can proudly say I have graduated past the noob level. Well, that's me in a nutshell...
Old 01-26-08, 10:38 PM   #36
Bob Smith

Well, Crankybait, you sound like you have your head screwed on good and tight! Way to go!
I am sure if you take your rod and reels with you to the Bronx that somebody will point you in the right direction. Just be careful in the Big Apple! I hear that place can be pretty rough!
Old 01-27-08, 09:58 AM   #37
BigBassin144

Cranky, I'm glad Sophomore year will be over in a couple months. Sadly, my chemistry calss was too full and I couldn't take it . Sounds like you've got some good plans for the future (and a job that'll pay for lots of tackle )

BB
Old 01-27-08, 09:59 AM   #38
bamabassman

bob, i just have to say .... thank you and god bless. i have 2 nephews, one is 25, the other is 13, i have almost lost the 25 yr old, but not the 13 yet . he is CRAZY about bass fishing. it is all he talks about. he knows moe about lures than i do. although his father, who is my brother, can't take him as often as he would like, he studies the sport like it is a class. now me on the other hand i just get him in the boat and let him tell me what to use, lol. he actually was the first to use the rapala baby bass plug we caught all our fish on last summer on guntersville. he has out fished me and his father also. which we truly didn't mind. i love to catch fish, but there's something about watching a kid catching a 5lbr that just makes your day. knowing that he is enjoying something that we as kids, fishing with our father did. i now know why dad loved to take us. my only wish is that i had a kid of my own. but it is ok now i have 23 neciecs and nephews, 3 great neciecs and 3 great nephews. so i have kids to take in the future, lol. there is a chill and sometimes i get a tear in my eye as i watch them get a hit and start fighting the fish. then they land the fish and you get a permanent smile locked in your jaw. you take a photo of them with the fish. they let it go or if it is big enough you put it in the live well for supper.ok.... i get carried away sometimes. i am still trying to get the 25 yr old back into it. also trying to get dad and the brother in-laws to go too. there just too much work getting in the way now. and the economy as it is we all have to work when we can to get by. but i have truly enjoyed reading about other kids here. i have one request from them though. GET YOUR EDUCATION!! go to the collage of your choice and get a degree. you need it now more than ever kids. fishing will be there. school first. good luck and happy fishing guys.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-08, 01:33 PM   #39
Bob Smith

Bamabassman, You are right on Target!! Education first! I got mine after getting out of the Navy and in the middle of raising a family. I couldn't emphasize it enough to my kids how much easier it would've been to do it up front! Out of five younguns, two of them listened (lol!).
It sounds like, even though you had no kids of your own, you certainly are surrounded by a bunch of family youth! It makes me happy to hear your own involvement with your nephews and the fact that you care. You are also right in the fact that watching the excitement in them catching fish is simply great! If you ever get caught up in the rat race of life, and your fishing seems to become more like a job (a lot of amateur tournament fishing folk take it way too serious), then you need to get a kid out on the water with you. There is no better way to be reminded of WHY we bass fish! That excitement is therapeutic and revitalizing!
Thanks, Bamabassman and God Bless you too, Bubba!
Old 07-15-11, 12:58 AM   #40
Scott the fishman

I am 14 and i do something with fishing everyday. i always strive to learn something new on every trip i go fishing. i am not sure how i got into fishing everyone in family hates fishing but some how i got into it and wont put the rod down. today i was in a creek catching minnows to stock a private pond. i usually fish at this college that has a lake but i fish more places now because i know people who fish and can drive . i just got into a club from a kid i met trough my parents my age and knows a lot more then me. if you are from nj watch out i am going to make it my goal to go to states for my club next year haha.
Old 07-15-11, 01:01 AM   #41
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott the fishman View Post
I am 14 and i do something with fishing everyday. i always strive to learn something new on every trip i go fishing. i am not sure how i got into fishing everyone in family hates fishing but some how i got into it and wont put the rod down. today i was in a creek catching minnows to stock a private pond. i usually fish at this college that has a lake but i fish more places now because i know people who fish and can drive . i just got into a club from a kid i met trough my parents my age and knows a lot more then me. if you are from nj watch out i am going to make it my goal to go to states for my club next year haha.
3 year old thread here, buddy. haha
Old 07-15-11, 07:49 AM   #42
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
3 year old thread here, buddy. haha
And your point is.....?
Old 07-17-11, 10:44 AM   #43
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

great, topic, no matter how ol it is, 22, not a 15 year old but i still get called kid by get called kid.
wallywallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 01:25 PM   #44
3dkicker

What's up with Jool's and Cranky? Haven't seen them post in a while. Cranky has to be a doc by now or at least in med. school....
Old 07-21-11, 07:56 PM   #45
BassMoJo

Send a message via AIM to BassMoJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMoJo View Post
18 years old about to turn 19 here in a few weeks ...but for the most part when spring hits through summer into fall you wont see me doing ne thing else. Bought my first boat last year, 2000 pro team bass tracker 16.5ft ...caught alot of nice fish over summer and spring ...just search "DUNDEE" and you can see!

Vintage...haha
Old 07-22-11, 02:21 AM   #46
bluebasser86

Dang, I almost would have qualified as a youngster when this thread was started but now I'm an old man I guess (25). My parents have pictures of me a few weeks before my first birthday sitting on the bank in my diaper holding a fishing pole. I grew up fishing mainly for catfish and bluegill but started fishing for bass when my family moved to KC when I was 9. Bought my first boat when I was 11 (a 2 man) and have since owned several boats including a Ranger, Cajun, and my boat now a Lowe Roughneck. Started fishing tournaments when I was 16 in a bass club. Won rookie of the year, backseater of the year, and 3rd place overall in a 40 person club. I've taught fishing lessons to kids, was a "Big" for a year and got my "Little" hooked on fishing, and always try to introduce new people to this great sport.
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-14, 08:10 PM   #47
crankybait

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
What's up with Jool's and Cranky? Haven't seen them post in a while. Cranky has to be a doc by now or at least in med. school....

Wow so... Here I am half a decade later. Have kept in contact with Zilla through facebook, found out about Zook today (Rest In Peace). Sorry to dig this thread up, getting real nostalgic here. Nope, wasn't in med school in 2011 but out having a blast and getting an education at Penn State. Took fly fishing as an elective my last semester there which was cool. And I can now proudly call myself a first year medical student out in Des Moines Iowa. Hope to be back prowling the forum every now and then, see some old faces and im sure many new.
Old 09-09-14, 05:43 AM   #48
Bill M

Well, hello Cranky, good to hear ya fulfilling your goal to be a Doc, wish you the best.
Old 09-13-14, 06:42 AM   #49
keithdog

Still hanging around here, and about to head out to the lake.
Old 10-04-14, 06:16 PM   #50
texasbasser

Send a message via Yahoo to texasbasser

Seeing Crankybait post again gave me the urge to revive my own account. I lurk here a few times a year, glad to see some familiar faces. I'm blessed to be in the fishing industry, not a professional bass fisherman or anything, but I get to travel and hang out with some guys that I get to learn a lot from. Finishing up a business degree at UTSA.
texasbasser is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.