Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-04, 03:10 PM   #1
minorfisher2
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to minorfisher2
Default Back!

I'm back! We caught more fish this year than ever before. The only fish we keep are bass and walleye (and perch if they're over 12 inches), but we caught an abundance of all of the different types of fish up there. For instance, sheephead, we usually catch maybe 3 of them per year. This year we caught about 15 of them. It was weird how many more fish there were this year. Anyway, we ended up maxing out on bass every day. The average size was about 15 inches, but there was at least once nice one (around 18, 19 inches) a day. I also caught a baby snapping turtle at the end of our first week. We kept it as a pet for the remainder of the vacation and fed it minos. It was so fun watchin that little thing tear them to shreds. But anyway, the fishing was GREAT. I was on the river 10 hours a day every day. Ahhhh... I miss it already.

One night we decided to try night fishing cuz we never have before. Unfortunately the mosquitos were HORRIBLE, which made the whole experience rather uncomfortable. The sound of the buzzing in our ears and around our heads was enough to give anyone nightmares for a week. We didn't catch anything, though. I was wondering if its possible to successfully fish in the dark with nothin but a worm on your hook. I wanna try night fishin again next year, but Im plannin on buyin one of those light up lures, cuz I think that woud work better. As for the mosquitos, we left at the worst possible hour - 9:30pm - which is the notorious hour up there for when the mosquitos are the worst. I think if we woulda waited till around 11 it wouldnt have been nearly as bad.

The most fun day was when we fished at the dam. Theres rapids on the side of it and a little waterfall behind it, so we got out and walked around on the rocks and fished all around it. Between my family and my cousins family we had about 14 nice bass in a span of 2 hours. It was so much fun. My cousin and I also went down the rapids and I bounced off a rock and got my leg all cut up, but it was still fun. Last year we went and nobody got hurt. I don't think I was layin back enough this time.. oh well.

Only 345 more days and Ill be back in my paradise.
minorfisher2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.