Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Topics for Specific Waters or Regions

Old 03-18-10, 06:18 PM   #1
screwballl
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Lake Victor, FL

Well we got campsite reservation for Lake Victor here in northwest FL for the end of the month (28-31st) and will be taking my canoe and all my poles... hoping for some great bassin since it will be full moon and spawn time... plus the lunar tables show best times at midnight and noon around that timeframe...
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 12:26 AM   #2
screwballl

Apparently the continued cold has kept the fish deep and not biting anything... I spoke with quite a few other guys fishing there, some that fish tournaments all over the south and have never seen so many lakes with this same problem. These Florida strain are severely affected by this extended cold so this is a problem all over the area.

Yet I came home today and went to the little creek not to far from home and brought home 8 bream/shellcrackers... I did see several good size bass, looked like a bed with 2 medium sized (14-16") and one large (18" +) bass, and then several more going up and down around 10-14" back and forth. But I tossed whatever I could and they just watched them float by...
Old 04-01-10, 09:32 AM   #3
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Screwball, I had the same problem last week at Seminole/Merritts Mill/Chipola river. I fished for 3 days and landed I think 3 bass. One was 4.5 lbs, but still, lot of work for even a good sized average.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 11:24 PM   #4
screwballl

Karma had something else in mind for me I guess... went out to the creek area yesterday not too far from home and pulled out 7 or 8 small bluegill (6-8")... and I could see several bass in the crystal clear water that had to be in the 14-18" range, but they just would not take anything I was tossing in there... so I will go back this weekend and try a few more things, maybe some minnows or small bluegill.

Today I went out to another local pond (Indigo pond on the Eglin Reservation) with my oldest daughter. We used cut up hot dogs and pulled out at least 6 bream (bluegill, panfish) that were over 10" (a good 16-24 oz), as well as 6 or 7 more that were in the 8-10" range. This pond has a minimum 8" limit, otherwise I could have had at least 10 more that were 6-8". Daughter even caught a few keepers too so we had fun.

A 12" bream is like pulling in a 12 lb. bass, got to work them in or run the risk of snapping the line or possible fish loss. When they started biting good was when I started using the reel with 6lb line (Pline CX) instead of the 4lb line (BPS mono "tournament line") just to be safe, so that helped bring them in and seemed to actually get more bites.

It was getting closer to dusk and the catfish started biting so thats usually when we pack up and head out or we end up with the catfish swallowing hooks and having to cut the line since they swallow it deep.
Old 07-01-11, 05:00 PM   #5
basshunter152
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to basshunter152

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwballl View Post
Well we got campsite reservation for Lake Victor here in northwest FL for the end of the month (28-31st) and will be taking my canoe and all my poles... hoping for some great bassin since it will be full moon and spawn time... plus the lunar tables show best times at midnight and noon around that timeframe...
we just set up a small camper to rent nitely for $35 so you are welcome to come and fish and anybody else that read this ,it fully furnished except food just need a boat
basshunter152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 05:04 PM   #6
basshunter152
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to basshunter152

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshunter152 View Post
we just set up a small camper to rent nitely for $35 so you are welcome to come and fish and anybody else that read this ,it fully furnished except food just need a boat
phone #850 956 2664 email basshunter152@yahoo.com my web site http://mackshuntingandfishingsite.yolasite.com/
basshunter152 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.