Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 03-09-13, 10:18 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Unhappy speaking of working on rigs..........

yes, i TOO have to do some maintenance work on the ol RAJUN CAJUN. gotta put in a new set of plugs, AND replace the impeller and fluids. seen some black looking oil coming out of the foot pee hole, the little hole next to the water intake. talked(texted) with daniel. so i wanna ask ya'll, do ya'll think i need to replace something else while i will have her broke down? not a mechanic by no means, but if i CAN do it, i will.

daniel says it COULD be the seals. can this be done by me? and if possible will someone post up a diagram for me?

thanks gang.
Old 03-09-13, 10:19 PM   #2
bamabassman

by the way, it is a 1997 johnson VENOM 200 ho. thanks again gang.
Old 03-09-13, 10:29 PM   #3
nofearengineer

It could be worse...I think I just need to clean the cobwebs off my boat.

That little thing I do to pay for my life is preventing me from having one right now.
Old 03-09-13, 11:33 PM   #4
nobass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

sure its not just exhaust carbon and water from sitting all winter.
Old 03-10-13, 09:39 AM   #5
bamabassman

maybe don, but daniel said it COULD be the seals. ?? anyone able to post up a diagram for me so i can SEE where they are?

i didn't put the muffs on to start it yet. wanna change out the impeller and plugs first. then see what's going on.

bryce my friend...if only i had oyur problem once again man. sorry though pal, i KNOW oyu are ready to get out there too. those 4 walls and that ceiling are closing in on you i am sure. open a window and let some sun shine in, you'll be surprised how much better that will make oyu feel.
Old 03-10-13, 12:24 PM   #6
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
maybe don, but daniel said it COULD be the seals. ?? anyone able to post up a diagram for me so i can SEE where they are?

i didn't put the muffs on to start it yet. wanna change out the impeller and plugs first. then see what's going on.

bryce my friend...if only i had oyur problem once again man. sorry though pal, i KNOW oyu are ready to get out there too. those 4 walls and that ceiling are closing in on you i am sure. open a window and let some sun shine in, you'll be surprised how much better that will make oyu feel.
So you didn't get out fishing on FRI or SAT like you were planning/hoping to??? You aren't waiting for me to get out there first (May 25), are you?!?
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 06:11 PM   #7
Embrey
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

drain the oil and see if it has water in it first. sounds like a seal is leaking somewhere. shouldnt be any seals around that area though. ive got mine on the floor currently.(venom). speaking of venom, how bad realistically is that thing on fuel? my new boat has that motor and its being rebuilt and ive never even heard it run yet. should be done in a week or two. ive heard everything from its super horrible on fuel, to 'its not really that bad'. im looking for real numbers on average of how much gas a day on an average fishing day. ( i know that depends on a lot. )lol
Embrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-13, 10:39 PM   #8
bamabassman

thanks embry. i will see about that asap bud. as for using fuel, it does love the g liquid,lol. but i only fill up once or twice a year really. i couldn't tell oyu how much MPG it uses for real. my ol rig has 2 20 plus gallon tanks (thinking of making it 1 tank, 40 gallons). so it costs me over 150 bucks if i fill up both which i RARELY ever do. i use my tolling motor more than most people ever think about. i'll troll half a mile sometimes, fishing along the way of course. glad i got a bigger trolling motor. one day gonna go even bigger i hope.

of ocurse i REALLY wanna upgrade the motor to a 225 hp, that's as high as my rig is rated for. i have a beat up RAKER 3 prop 23 pitch ss prop on it too. so that makes a difference. i can get up to around 64 mph (with the boat EMPTY of EVERYTHING) AT wot. THAT'S gps SPEED ON A MIRROR FLAT WATER TOO. my rig is HEAVY, VERY HEAVY. but i love how it handles the rough water. 21 foot long and handles rough water great. i'll never have another rig, so i am gonna TRY to restore this one.

and no dean ol pal, i haven't gotten out. gonna have to wait till i fix these LITTLE problems before thay turn into BIG problems. lisa asked if i could go anyway, i told her i ain't gonna take a chance of ruining a motor. she agreed. i WOULD go if i was going to g'ville. i could fish there with JUST the trolling motor all day. but ain't got my truck out of the shop to tow it there. so i'll wait....i got time anyway. lol.

dean, oyu go ahead buddy, you gonna surpass me anyway, hahahaha!!!i have to catch a bass aorund 12 1/2 pounds ot even be THOUGHT of after what ol blue has done already. lol!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.