Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-18-09, 06:00 PM   #26
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwater Charlie View Post
I've tried minnow spinners. I tried a small one also. It was just around 1/16 oz., Rainbow trout in color, and had a gold blade. Didn't get the slightest of nibble. I'm telling you these fish have wised up to any kind of lure with a spinner on it. I like the buzz-bait idea. Once fall comes the fish are going to be nailing cicada's and maybe a 1/8 OZ brown buzz-bait will do wonders! Thanks!
I have a cicada shaped and colored arbogast. You may check for one of these also.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...005000_100-5-3
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-09, 07:27 PM   #27
Backwater Charlie
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorg View Post
I have a cicada shaped and colored arbogast. You may check for one of these also.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...005000_100-5-3
I seen those things at Wal-Mart today. But didn't have enough money left to get it. I picked up some more carp and catfish supplies along with a bitsy bug jig by strike king. Gonna try it out in the creek ....
Old 08-18-09, 11:03 PM   #28
EastTexas
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Use my East Texas Rig!

The East Texas Rig: One Step Beyond The DropShot Rig
Why do I use the DropShot Style Rig? Because it works!

I am the creator of the new DropShot Style Rig is called The East Texas Rig for Spinning & Baitcasting. The East Texas Rig is not fun to cast, but it catches fish. First I start off with a small snap swivel & perfection loop knot then tie on a Small Weedless Bass Fly a few inches above an worm/fluke then a weight or even a jig in place of the weight. This is simple idea to fish 2 to 3 lures at the same time.

* TIP: Use a Floating Fly and just let it slide up & down the line (don't tie on) in front of your DropShot hook.

The odd thing is a lot of the time fish hit the fly! The East Texas Rig mimics the classic Predator/Prey Relationship. I fish the E. T. Rig near moss/rocks/docs & open water.

I have also applied the same concept to a fly rig... It works; just down size everything and use a flies instead of a worm. Note: The first fly needs to be smaller to give the illusion of prey. For the weight use a flyrod size split shot, weighted fly or jig-fly.
EastTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 10:16 PM   #29
Backwater Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexas View Post

I am the creator of the new DropShot Style Rig is called The East Texas Rig for Spinning & Baitcasting. The East Texas Rig is not fun to cast, but it catches fish. First I start off with a small snap swivel & perfection loop knot then tie on a Small Weedless Bass Fly a few inches above an worm/fluke then a weight or even a jig in place of the weight. This is simple idea to fish 2 to 3 lures at the same time.

* TIP: Use a Floating Fly and just let it slide up & down the line (don't tie on) in front of your DropShot hook.

The odd thing is a lot of the time fish hit the fly! The East Texas Rig mimics the classic Predator/Prey Relationship. I fish the E. T. Rig near moss/rocks/docs & open water.

I have also applied the same concept to a fly rig... It works; just down size everything and use a flies instead of a worm. Note: The first fly needs to be smaller to give the illusion of prey. For the weight use a flyrod size split shot, weighted fly or jig-fly.
Very interesting
Old 08-21-09, 11:00 PM   #30
RandyHolt
BassFishin.Com Member

i like that idea. Especially the jig on the bottom instead of a weight. I saw two bait fish chasing each other on the shore of the C&O, and it triggered a large hiding on the shoreline under me to ambush the two. He whiffed. Then saw me scrambling to drop a line in and bailed.

This site could use a Fish Tales Thread.
RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-09, 01:07 PM   #31
RandyHolt
BassFishin.Com Member

I gave the east texas rig a whirl today. I didnt use a fly, just a normal drop shot but instead of a weight I used a jig. My local lake is the dead sea in the dog days so it didnt get any bites. Being far from East Texas, I may request ETs permission to call it the food chain rig. I am headed to BPS today so I will look for a floating fly to add to the mix.
RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-09, 04:56 PM   #32
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwater Charlie View Post
I seen those things at Wal-Mart today. But didn't have enough money left to get it. I picked up some more carp and catfish supplies along with a bitsy bug jig by strike king. Gonna try it out in the creek ....
Or you can toss a jitterbug.I'd fish early in the a.m. or evening.

Or you can use a 4" red shad powerworm,with 1/8 oz.bullet,t-rig pegged.Throw to any cover or structure you see.Even a little twig sticking up out of the water.Does this creek have a logjam or submerged logs or rocks?
Old 08-23-09, 04:57 PM   #33
bassintom

Some pics of the creek would help if possible.Any overhanging trees or bushes?
Old 08-23-09, 08:42 PM   #34
EastTexas
BassFishin.Com Member

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexas View Post

EastTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-09, 04:10 PM   #35
Backwater Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassintom View Post
Or you can toss a jitterbug.I'd fish early in the a.m. or evening.

Or you can use a 4" red shad powerworm,with 1/8 oz.bullet,t-rig pegged.Throw to any cover or structure you see.Even a little twig sticking up out of the water.Does this creek have a logjam or submerged logs or rocks?

No overhanging trees but a bunch of fallen trees in the water. not many rocks. I'm sorry but I have no camera. Or pictures.
Old 08-26-09, 04:22 PM   #36
bassintom

Go for the fallen trees.
Old 08-26-09, 07:37 PM   #37
3dkicker

You didn't post anything about the speed of your retrieve or changing the speed. Fish in streams have limited options when it comes to food. Whatever flows past them they must make a decision, eat it or don't. If you give them too long a look at an artificial they most likely will pass it up. You may want to speed up your presentation.

If you get into fly fishing check out Walt's Poppers. He makes some great popping bugs that bass love.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.