Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-05, 08:03 PM   #1
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Ohio River Lawrenceburg, IN

Well I finally fished this body of water this past weekend. There is no vegetation, but tons of laydowns, in all of the smaller creeks etc... The water was pretty muddy, with no visibility to speak of. I wore the paint off a Strike King Jig throwing it to the rocks and laydowns. We fished all day, and I caught a wiper about 15"(on a crank) and my buddy caught a 8" dink(on a lizard). I tried an awful lot of stuff, with no takers. There was a tournament that started at 530am and out of all the folks we talked with, 1 boat had 2 bass, and another had 1 bass(team tournament) My buddy also had fished it the day before all day without a bite. I've been told it's awful tough, and I plan on a rough day during the tournament. I have a couple of ideas on things I will be trying during the tourney. Any others suggestions please let em fly. Everyone was fishing cranks or spinnerbaits, with a couple PNJ's and Lizards. I need to find something different form all the others. 400 folks using the same baits, there needs to be something a little different that I can pull em in on. The water temps were in the 60's with air temps starting at 43, and moviung up to the lower 80's during the hottest part of the day. If weather holds up, I expect water temps to be in the upper 60's to lower 70's the day of the tourney, 4/30. DOn't know what else we'll be dealing with, but it should be close to spawning time for them. They will either be at it, or going probably within 2-3 weeks form the looks of it.(next tourney is on 5/14 which I'm guessing will be right in the spawn. But it's a man made resevoir, mostly pretty decent visibity(5 feet or so).

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.