Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-05, 07:16 PM   #1
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default the ole fishin hole

today i went out to the lakes. got 7 bass ranging from the smallest being less then a lb, to the largest being around 4lbs. caught my first and smallest bass on one of those mizmo big boy tubes PNJ sent me. then switched over to the tiki dip stiks in redbug/chart. tip and began bringin them in. i found it most productive to t-rig them weightless and reel them over the lillie pads then let them fall, usually within 2-3 seconds while falling i would get a strike. i was doing this when a huge bass took the bait, i was staring at my bait which was just under the surface when all of a sudden the huge bass hit with a huge splash to go with it. it was peeling drag off, and i was trying to keep her out of the pads for fear she would get tangled up and break off. but i was pretty confident because i had powerpro spooled up. then she jumped and it looked like a basketball, she was short and had a gut on her! now i was really startin to get nervous case she was digging into the pads. she ended up throwing the hook and all i came back with was grass.i was pretty mad at that point. then i moved down to the next lake and realized the water was really warm and pulled out a spinnerbait. got nothing on it. then i decided to go back to the mizmo tubes and again nothing. i was gettin scorched by the sun so i decided to call it a day. and what a day it was.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-05, 09:27 PM   #2
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan
Default Re: the ole fishin hole

Congrats bf02.....Sounds like a good day on the water......It's gonna be 41 and rain here tomorrow......looks like i'm staying home, especially since i've got a cold. :'( :'(

Catch em up
Brian
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-05, 10:13 PM   #3
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

looks like i will also be stuck in side. there is suposed to be not so good weather. cold front is movin thru again :P good news is, i get to go pick out some stuff for my birth day. here comes the baitmonkey ;D sorry about the cold, and the cold weather.
Old 04-23-05, 12:30 AM   #4
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan

.ah, yes the bait monkey.......Spending 10,000 bucks tomorrow still won't get him off of your back ;D ...Anyway, have fun and I'll manage to get better.....I have a knack for getting over these things pretty fast....It's my own patented technique. ;D

Catch em up
Brian
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-05, 03:15 PM   #5
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

i did end up going out this morning, probally shouldnt of tho. i didnt get one fish, i lost two spinnerbaits and a few hooks/worms. the wind kept blowin the line onto docks and i got them stuck on the docks. of well. atleast im gunna go b-day shoppin in alittle bit.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.