Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 04-23-05, 05:33 PM   #1
DDmay87
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to DDmay87
Default Lake Travis Â*Austin, Tx

First post on this site. Like how it looks. ;D

Spent Thursday and Friday fishing on Lake Travis. Fished Cypress Creek area on Thursday morning and never even passed the Marina. Fished for about 3 hours and ended up with 13 fish biggest going about 3#'s. Caught them all on Yamamoto cut tail worms. Missed a few on topwater, looked like they were chasing shad and minnows around the marina and middle of Cypress Creek cove. Went back Thursday night at 5p-830p. Fishing was a little slower ended up with 8 and my brother ended up with 4, again all but 1 came on Yamamoto worms, and one on a crankbait.

Went out at 730a and fished Lake Travis again, we could not BUY a bite in Cypress Creek, so we ran over to Sandy Creek and fished from Dutchman's Landing to the park. We ended up with 13 fish between the 2 of us and the biggest going 4#'s. We also gained a tagalong. The whole time we were in Sandy Creek area we had a white duck who followed us for like 2 hours......This was one of the better couple days on Travis I have had in quite awhile. More reports to come, I hope..........
DDmay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-05, 05:40 PM   #2
OKie
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to OKie
Default Re: Lake Travis Â*Austin, Tx

Good fishin, and welcome to the site!
OKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-05, 06:01 PM   #3
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Welcome to the forum!

Wish I'd have gone out yesterday instead of today. Post frontal and 20+ MPH winds. Blew us oiff the water. Haven't fished Travis much-too many lake lice and jet fleas. I've fallen in love with Choke Canyon, though.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-05, 06:18 PM   #4
DDmay87
BassFishin.Com Member

Try fishing the north end of the lake Gloster Bend area, very few recreational boaters and jet skis. It has been very productive as well........I fish the main lake during the week since there are very few boaters. Also, the ramp is like 5 minutes from my house. Im trying to get about 3-4 boats together for a Choke trip during the week. Any tips?
Old 04-23-05, 06:38 PM   #5
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

There is a lot of hydrilla in this lake, and clear water. I like to fish opossum creek which is across the lake from the State Park. Hwy 99 cuts across the creek so there is a bridge along with a long stretch of rip rap that has produced for me every time I have fished it, usually with flukes and Tiki Sticks. Right now the hydrilla is just starting to crown, so there is a lot of open water still so shallow running crankbaits and traps will produce. The upper end of the lake has a lot of submerged/flooded timber and the lower end has mainly hydrilla for cover. There are a lot of fish in this lake, but there is also a lot of heavy cover, so I'd recommend using either heavy mono or braid. I busted one off back in February on 12 lb mono that if she wasn't double digits she was awful close so I learned my lesson the hard way ;D .
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-05, 10:55 AM   #6
DDmay87
BassFishin.Com Member

Went back out Monday evening after work, ended up trying to get out of the wind most of the evening. Fished from 530p-9p, in Sandy Creek and in what I call "Turkey Creek". Me and my partner ended the night with 23 fish all caught on texas rigged worms. Lake Travis has been on fire this year, there have been 2 11+ lb'ers in touneys earlier this year, and a almost 10#'er(9.81) brought in on the latest tourney on Travis a couple weeks ago. Numbers are HUGE this season. Good fishin to all........

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.