Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 03-27-11, 07:54 PM   #1
M_A_C_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Talking Lure retrievers/drop shots I poured/made

The Bullet shaped lure retievers are neat you just make a loop and feed your line thru and pull the loop around it and its on your line... same to take it off... all i made from wood molds with lead and steel wire. second pic is just some drop shot weights bakudan style. And lastly a chain lure retriever that snaps on your lin for ones you need to rip out by the hooks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0397.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	453.2 KB
ID:	6463   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0398.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	477.5 KB
ID:	6464   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0401.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	481.3 KB
ID:	6465  
M_A_C_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-11, 07:58 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

nice mack. very nice indeedy.
Old 03-27-11, 08:07 PM   #3
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Those are pretty cool, but I don't need any because I NEVER get a lure snagged. haha Boy don't I wish!
Old 03-27-11, 09:47 PM   #4
M_A_C_K

Yeah after i make a permanent mold i'm going to start selling them, I dont see very many lure retrievers that work very well so i figured i would.
Old 03-28-11, 06:31 PM   #5
WillCFish

Default Ventilation

Hi Mack,
Thirty five years ago a pathologist friend of mine heard me talking about pouring my own lead sinkers. He was a man who said little but when he spoke you wanted to listen.
He told me it was not wise for me to pour lead. I quit right there and never poured another sinker. I can tell you I melted down everything from tire weights to roof flashing for downrigger balls and everything else but figured if anyone would know the effects it would be him.
At least have a good ventilation system and don't do it in the house with the rest of the family.
WillCFish
WillCFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 07:11 PM   #6
M_A_C_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillCFish View Post
Hi Mack,
Thirty five years ago a pathologist friend of mine heard me talking about pouring my own lead sinkers. He was a man who said little but when he spoke you wanted to listen.
He told me it was not wise for me to pour lead. I quit right there and never poured another sinker. I can tell you I melted down everything from tire weights to roof flashing for downrigger balls and everything else but figured if anyone would know the effects it would be him.
At least have a good ventilation system and don't do it in the house with the rest of the family.
WillCFish
I know the effects of lead poisoning, I only melt lead outdoors. You can totally work with lead safely as long as you don't breath the fumes when melted. And leads fumes the worst around 1100 degrees which i never go over 800. Always outside, never inhale the fumes. Other than that you can work with it fine. Thanks for the heads up tho, nice to know some ppl are looking out for ya.
Old 04-05-11, 12:18 AM   #7
LonewolfZ
BassFishin.Com Member

Like above lead can be worked with safely. I once worked in a lead acid battery manufacturing plant. My job was to take around 10 tons of lead a day melt it down and feed it into oxidizing machines. My blood lead levels barely even raised. As long as their is sufficient ventilation there should be no problem.
LonewolfZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 12:51 AM   #8
M_A_C_K

And I think it's silly that some states have outlawed lead in fishing lures... its not the 1/8th ounce of lead from the fisherman who lost his lure... it's the gallons of toxic waste dow chemical pours into our streams lol... but a big company like that is cheaper to pay the 100,000 dollar fine rather than the 200,000 in safe waste management. lol what a world

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.