Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 02-04-13, 04:18 PM   #1
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Wow! Edwin Evers joins Megabass!

I didn't see that coming. It will be a world of difference from the BPS rods and reels he's been using.

http://www.wired2fish.com/edwin-ever...egabass-p17808
Old 02-04-13, 05:23 PM   #2
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Like jumping from Datsun to Beemer.
Old 02-04-13, 05:43 PM   #3
Jrob78

I'm a big EE fan so I'm pretty excited about this. It is about the last thing I expected though. He's been with BPS for so long, I'm very curious to see what he will be using at the Classic. I haven't heard if it's lures, rods and reels or both.

Last edited by Jrob78; 02-04-13 at 05:54 PM.
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 05:44 PM   #4
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Huge upgrade for sure!! Bet he's happy!
Old 02-04-13, 05:57 PM   #5
aikenyounggun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
I'm a big EE fan so I'm pretty excited about this. It is about the last thing I expected though. He's been with BPS for so long, I'm very curious to see what he will be using at the Classic. I haven't heard if it's lures, rods and reels or both.
You haven't heard of Megabass lures? I understand the rods part (I don't think they even make reels). I'm not 100% sure they still make rods, but I have seen some old prototype (old being like a couple years) for big money.

You must have heard of their 110's:
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Megab...ge-MBFXTP.html

And I really bet he wasn't fishing "BPS" rods. All the pros rods are, well, specially made.

Still a great fishermen.
Old 02-04-13, 06:13 PM   #6
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I know Joe and he definitely knows his overseas lure makers. I think he was referring to if EE got a piece of the package MB carries or the whole sha-bang. Sort of like Pure fishing, they have a ton of products, but a sponsored fisherman might not be wearing every patch from the company, bit just carrying a select few.
Old 02-04-13, 06:18 PM   #7
kennethdaysale

I'm guessing he be using it ALL! rods-reels-lures-sunglasses-apparel....
I agree it's a HUGE leap......yall ever wonder what kind of actual money is involved in deals like that? D'ya suppose the top tier guys have agents and stuff like ballplayers?? I can't help but wonder in a situation like that, who approaches who? Maybe his "people" contacted their "people" or maybe he just walked in their office one day and says "allright everybody just calm down....Double E's in the house"
Old 02-04-13, 06:43 PM   #8
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenyounggun View Post
You haven't heard of Megabass lures? I understand the rods part (I don't think they even make reels). I'm not 100% sure they still make rods, but I have seen some old prototype (old being like a couple years) for big money.

You must have heard of their 110's:
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Megabass_Ito_Vision_110_FX_Tour_Premium/descpage-MBFXTP.html

And I really bet he wasn't fishing "BPS" rods. All the pros rods are, well, specially made.

Still a great fishermen.
Yeah, I am quite aware of Megabass lures They don't make their own reels from scratch but they do take existing Daiwa reels and completely customize them. Their bread and butter is rods and lures. Megabass rods start at about $400 and go up from there.

I was really just wondering out loud if EE would be strictly endorsing lures, strictly rods or all of the above. It seems like it would be hard for him to keep his BPS sponsorship if he's all Megabass now. It also makes me wonder if he will continue running a Nitro boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Bruiser View Post
I know Joe and he definitely knows his overseas lure makers. I think he was referring to if EE got a piece of the package MB carries or the whole sha-bang. Sort of like Pure fishing, they have a ton of products, but a sponsored fisherman might not be wearing every patch from the company, bit just carrying a select few.
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethdaysale View Post
I'm guessing he be using it ALL! rods-reels-lures-sunglasses-apparel....
I agree it's a HUGE leap......yall ever wonder what kind of actual money is involved in deals like that? D'ya suppose the top tier guys have agents and stuff like ballplayers?? I can't help but wonder in a situation like that, who approaches who? Maybe his "people" contacted their "people" or maybe he just walked in their office one day and says "allright everybody just calm down....Double E's in the house"
I do wonder what kind of money is involved in something like this. I bet for a top pro, the money is big. Megabass is working really hard to take a bigger chunk of the US market. In fact, they're moving some of their facilities here so that they can offer their products at a cheaper price. Edwin will be huge in helping push the brand in America. He's a very well liked angler and very successful, it's weird to think about but he's a perfect fit.

I do know that EE and Aaron Martens are friends and their wives are friends. I bet A-Mart had a hand in this.

Last edited by Jrob78; 02-04-13 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-04-13, 10:07 PM   #9
aikenyounggun

Sorry Jrob, I'm an idiot sometimes, haha. And yeah, I have seen the customized reels before. And the money would be interesting, beta it's gone down from 5 years ago.
Old 02-04-13, 10:10 PM   #10
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikenyounggun View Post
Sorry Jrob, I'm an idiot sometimes, haha. And yeah, I have seen the customized reels before. And the money would be interesting, beta it's gone down from 5 years ago.
No worries, I worded it pretty badly.
Old 02-07-13, 10:39 PM   #11
carolina-rig-01

This is an awesome move for EE. He is one of my favorites too and I am really excited to see what comes of this move. I also saw today that he signed with Zoom, so it appears that he must have cut ties with Pradco all together.
Old 02-07-13, 10:44 PM   #12
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
This is an awesome move for EE. He is one of my favorites too and I am really excited to see what comes of this move. I also saw today that he signed with Zoom, so it appears that he must have cut ties with Pradco all together.
Yep, I just saw that too. The Megabass deal must be strictly lures as I don't see him cutting ties with BPS. Don't know about the money aspect of it but he's stepping up in baits, IMO. I would rather fish Megabass hardbaits than Bomber/Xcalibur/Heddon/Rebel/Smithwick and Zoom soft baits over Yum.
Old 02-07-13, 11:42 PM   #13
joedog

Smile Interesting read

http://www.bassmaster.com/news/show-me-money

This is from 2006.
Think where it's at 6 years later.

These 5 Pros are pretty honest.
They expect KVD to get a Million dollar contract soon, back in 2006.
Not from a fishing industry sponsor either.

They're spending $100,000 a season in entry fees and expenses.
That's with free boats, trucks, electronics, equipment, etc.

Think just how tuff it is for a newbie,
and how EXPENSIVE!

I'm not positive but I think sponsor's are forbidden to pay the actual entry fee.
Logic, no idea.
Old 02-08-13, 12:09 AM   #14
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
http://www.bassmaster.com/news/show-me-money

This is from 2006.
Think where it's at 6 years later.

These 5 Pros are pretty honest.
They expect KVD to get a Million dollar contract soon, back in 2006.
Not from a fishing industry sponsor either.

They're spending $100,000 a season in entry fees and expenses.
That's with free boats, trucks, electronics, equipment, etc.

Think just how tuff it is for a newbie,
and how EXPENSIVE!

I'm not positive but I think sponsor's are forbidden to pay the actual entry fee.
Logic, no idea.
That's awesome, thanks for posting that link Joe, very insightful. I knew they made a lot of money but I really had no idea how much. There's no telling what KVD brings in now.

I was looking for something the other day and saw this article on Jeff Kriet. I wondered how much a 34' Contender off shore boat with 2 300hp Yamaha's cost. He can obviously afford it.
Old 02-08-13, 02:31 PM   #15
carolina-rig-01

I just seen where Edwin Evers signed with War Eagle Custom Lures. Makes me believe it has more to do with a divorce from Pradco and probably not Bass Pro.
Old 02-08-13, 02:58 PM   #16
Jrob78

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
I just seen where Edwin Evers signed with War Eagle Custom Lures. Makes me believe it has more to do with a divorce from Pradco and probably not Bass Pro.
Yeah I think you're right. EE is having a big week. War Eagle is my favorite spinnerbait company, I think he's upgraded his baits with each of these moves.

Think about how much fun he's having opening up all his new baits. It must be like Christmas!

Last edited by Jrob78; 02-08-13 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-11-13, 08:42 PM   #17
Jrob78

He's at it again. EE signed with Wild River Tackle Bags today. They make super high quality tackle bags. They look awesome but are pretty pricey.

http://www.gowildriver.com/Products.aspx?id=92
Old 02-11-13, 09:15 PM   #18
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob78 View Post
He's at it again. EE signed with Wild River Tackle Bags today. They make super high quality tackle bags. They look awesome but are pretty pricey.

http://www.gowildriver.com/Products.aspx?id=92
I suspect that this deal was in motion for quite a while. I saw on facebook probably a month or so back where he was using their tackle bags.
Old 02-22-13, 10:04 AM   #19
Old Hooker
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I don't know if this means anything or not, but EE was supposed to be at my local BPS on March 2nd. According to their website it is now going to be Tim Horton. I haven't heard anything about him cutting ties with BPS, but who knows?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.