Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-07, 08:12 AM   #26
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Laser, I am also one that found the heavier power pro works better for me.I was using 30 lb and had a difficult time in the heavy milfoil beds, switched back to 65 lb power pro and eliminated my problems.I think it cuts through the weeds easier than the thinner line does, which it seems like it should be the other way around. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-07, 08:56 AM   #27
1FASTLASER

Sounds like you have kinda figured it out. I was trying to say with the small diameter so as not to hinder lure performance and the 50lb was doing that just the dang stuff was breaking. Had me puzzled till someone else on here stated they where having breakage and just went to 65. I wouldnt have figured that that little bit of size made a big difference in strength and really couldnt notice any difference in the way the lure reacted.
Old 02-11-07, 01:05 PM   #28
islandbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER View Post
The only thing I dislike about P-Line premium, is the memory that sits in after a couple of weeks. But then again I use a line conditioner that helps out tremendously. I cant wait to try the new evolution. I do beleive that in these snag infested waters I fish that this will be a great line. When I get down to getting in there bedroom to hook ole mossyback I turn to the Spectra IV or Power Pro which I have had GREAT succes with in the 65 lb test. I did find that the 50lb was for some reason not doing as well as expected. Many others found this also. Dont have a clue why it just didnt hold up well.
I completely agree with regard to PLine Premium CX. It acquires memory too quickly for my taste. I hope that PLine Evolution, which is what I have spooled right now, won't follow suit with CX Premium. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 02-11-07, 07:04 PM   #29
JRL
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I use Suffix for just about everything I do. Its the best mono made (my opinion).

Except for pier fishing. Still use Ande for that.
Old 02-11-07, 10:24 PM   #30
skeeter944

I just broke down a got some new vanish transition,I will let yall know how it works.
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-07, 05:48 PM   #31
CMorg

I went to WalMart , and finally they had a few things on sale.. Got some Silverthread AN40 14# Test , prolly gonna return it , dont really know why I bought it in the first place , some YUM Tungsten weights and a couple of Strike King jigs.
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-07, 06:39 PM   #32
adamchasejones
BassFishin.Com Member

I second the powerpro comment. Its got all of those.
adamchasejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-07, 06:31 PM   #33
Curado
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMorg View Post
I went to WalMart , and finally they had a few things on sale.. Got some Silverthread AN40 14# Test , prolly gonna return it , dont really know why I bought it in the first place , some YUM Tungsten weights and a couple of Strike King jigs.

Silver Thread is good line IMO. If you haven't tried it you should keep it and try it.
Old 02-19-07, 08:57 PM   #34
CMorg

Wink

Alright , I will give it a shot..thanks for the advice
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-07, 11:35 PM   #35
tw3ak
BassFishin.Com Member

if you really want the facts on florocarbon line go to tackletour.com and go to the line reviews they have two very complete articles alot of the recommendations here are based totally on personal perception... I'd rather get the facts... beware..
tw3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-07, 08:43 AM   #36
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

For finesse fishing, I'd go with a fluoro or copolymer. P-Line's a good chioce. I also like Stren Fluoro.

BB
Old 12-22-07, 07:28 PM   #37
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

CMorg, if your interrested in a copolymore line I would highly recommend one of the Bagley Silverthread lines. You don't hear them mentioned much and it's a shame. It's a very good line that handles well and has little memory. I experimented with many lines this past year and I think I am going to load up with Silverthread this year for my non braid reels.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.