Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 11-27-07, 12:08 AM   #26
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i have tried a lot of them and here is my take for whatever it's worth.

1. garlic scents usually just make me want spaghetti.
2. used crawdad scents and can't say one way or another if it helped
3. powerbaits scent in my opinion deffinatly helps and you can buy it in a can so you can add it to any bait you want.
4. ultrabite has proven itself to me quite a bit, seems to help a lot but it could just be mental.

basically i think that confidence is the most important thing in fishing. if you think you are catching fish because of a certain scent then go by every bottle of it you can find. if you think you are catching them because your shoes are tied in a double knot then keep doing that. it is a mental game sometimes tricking the fish, other times tricking yourself. everytime i get to thinking that scents are the way to go, i have a day where i am convinced that they are nothing but fish repellent.

p.s. i forgot one scent. i have a buddy that buys jacks juice in bulk, but only because it has a ton of fish oil in it and after he cleans his boat he will wipe it down with jacks juice to make the metal flake sparkle like new.
Old 11-27-07, 02:14 PM   #27
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Tip: Don't try to use the KVD stuff in less than 32 deg. Temps. It freezes!
Otherwise I give 2-3 shots to the spool before casting on everything except braid, which doesn't need it.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-07, 04:40 PM   #28
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Have you noticed any less bites with it on? Does it really show on the stiffer lines?

-LL-
Old 11-27-07, 10:54 PM   #29
Bender

It does help to cast longer and gave me less looping knots. I never noticed less fish because of it.
I almost got on Seguar CarbonPro yesterday, but I will wait and see if it goes on sale here in the winter. I want to try it next year. What is the difference between the CarbonPro and the InvizX?
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-07, 11:03 PM   #30
Bob Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
It does help to cast longer and gave me less looping knots. I never noticed less fish because of it.
I almost got on Seguar CarbonPro yesterday, but I will wait and see if it goes on sale here in the winter. I want to try it next year. What is the difference between the CarbonPro and the InvizX?
I haven't tried the InvisX, but I can vouch for the Carbon Pro, it has been a stable on my drop shot and shakey rigs for the last two years.
Old 11-30-07, 12:03 PM   #31
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Over the last 20 years I have used lots of scents. Fish Formula was the first. The ones that I have found to be useful have been the Berkly power , The Bang shad and the YUM. I have also noticed that after I have used a certain brand for a year or more that the fish do not react to it the same. I have wondered if the fish get conditioned to it like they do certain lures. Everyones skin oil has some degree of L-Serine. L-Seine is very offensive to bass. Scents help if for no other reason they mask the human odor L-Serine. Back in the 1980's when this was first discovered several top ranking pros were tested for L-Serine content in there skin oil. It turned out that they all were on the low end of the scale for this. Some scents contain pheromones whch may or may not affect the behavior of the fish. I believe in scents . The fish seem to hold the bait a little longer and take it a little deeper. Fish2win

Last edited by Fish2win; 11-30-07 at 09:04 PM.
Fish2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-07, 12:25 PM   #32
lunker-lander

Although this is not a scent, it has to do with scent-KVD's Line and Lure. What do you think about Fish2Win?

-LL-
Old 11-30-07, 07:52 PM   #33
senko
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I know I'm not Fish2Win but I like it and havn't noticed any less fish. If you want to try it, try it. You will never know if you like it unless YOU try it.
Old 11-30-07, 09:02 PM   #34
Fish2win
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have not used that exact product, however i do use similar products at times. It may reduce the memory in your line and increase your casting distance. Most products of this nature contain silicone. I read that this product will freeze so it must not be silicone based. Like senko says give it a try foryourself. Fish2win
Old 11-30-07, 10:50 PM   #35
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I am thinking about trying a scent/attractant for next spring. I was look at Mustad Activate and the YUM scent. I was reading reviews on BPS and this is what someone said: "I have this product but it's leaked and smells awful."

hmm.... Aren't the scents supposed to smell. IMHO the scent needs a bad rating if it DIDN'T smell! But like I said, that just MHO.
Old 12-01-07, 12:08 AM   #36
Rebbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunker-lander View Post
Although this is not a scent, it does come in a spray bottle, and I am asking your guys opinion on it. Kevin VanDam's Line&Lure. What do you think about it? Does it really help with fluoro?

-LL-

LL, I switched from reel magis to KVD and won't use anything else. Does it work on fluoro? Yep. And mono. And braid. And co-polymer...you get the idea.
Old 12-01-07, 05:41 AM   #37
lunker-lander

Thanks Reb...

-LL-

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.