Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 02-22-05, 02:48 AM   #26
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default Re: Years fishing

Actually fishing, probably 35 years(dad took me fishing as early as I can remember), Bassin well that's been truly serious now coming up on about 4 years now.

Lizards

macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 05:56 AM   #27
nospotweld
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to nospotweld

I've been fishing ....or what i called fishing for probably 20 years. I have just really got into Bass fishing in the last couple of yrs. But im still tryin to figure out the Rivers and large lakes . They are so much different from fishing that local pond that you can go to and just throw out most anything and catch fish. I have only fished 2 tourneys and was skunked both times.....So im taking notes from all the pros here!!!!!! ;D
nospotweld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 07:40 AM   #28
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

[quote author=NCBASSIN link=board=news;num=1108989708;start=25#26 date=02/22/05 at 03:56:09]But im still tryin to figure out the Rivers and large lakes . They are so much different from fishing that local pond that you can go to and just throw out most anything and catch fish.[/quote]

Now you see, there is a basic mistake here, not to come down hard on you NC, but there really isn't a difference. A bass, is a bass, is a bass. If you can catch them in one place, you can catch them anywhere. You just have to learn to adapt what you've learned on the pond to the bigger body of water.

And that starts with cutting that big body of water down to size.

When you fist go to a new lake or a river, pick a particular area and concentrate on that area. Try to figure out why the fish are in that area, or just as importantly why they're not. Don't be too quick to think "there's nothing here, I gotta run to the other end of the lake". Slow down, take your time, and think.

As an example, I've fished Buggs Island lake for about 20 years. I have probably fished less than 2% of the lake. And I've done pretty well at Buggs Island. I don't know how many club tournaments I've won there, but it's a few. <lol> I love that lake.

Tight lines.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 09:37 AM   #29
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

i've been fishin since i was 8 so for 5 years but really for bass for only 2 years
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 01:55 PM   #30
tbuck
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to tbuck

[quote author=ROBZILLA link=board=news;num=1108989708;start=0#16 date=02/21/05 at 19:38:16]Some guy's in here have done it soooo long you should ask how much time they have left!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thought that kinda funny right there, God bless the starving pigmys down there in Africa too!

lmao!

Â*Robby.[/quote]
RobZiLLa, You got a point there I never thought about.. Time left... hmm, let's see, maybe I have 50 more since I am 50 now! :

Fisherman's Motto:

"If your wife isn't mad at
you for fishing too much, you're not
fishing enough!"

Mike

tbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 01:59 PM   #31
BaSsFiShEr20
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BaSsFiShEr20

since 1975. I began fishing seriously for bass only in 1985.

Charles
BaSsFiShEr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 07:18 PM   #32
TheBassMan
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheBassMan

I have been fishing seriously for 14 years as a die hard.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........i'm 16 years old. To make a long story very short, when I was 2, I fished at a 4th of July party for 8 hours straight without stopping to eat. I'm pretty hardcore about fishing......It is my life.

Catch em up
Brian
TheBassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 07:20 PM   #33
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

ive got a good 87 more years to fish 8)
Old 02-22-05, 08:26 PM   #34
bigcheese43
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigcheese43

well i have been fishing sense i was a tiny little bugger but now, i have recently got into bass fishing last season and it was a blast
bigcheese43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 10:10 PM   #35
RebelBasser
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to RebelBasser

I caught my first fish (I still remember it) 42 years ago when I was 6. I've been bass fishing for 32 years but I didn't get real serious about it until about 22 years ago.
RebelBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-05, 11:26 PM   #36
ALAN_RAMSEY
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ALAN_RAMSEY

O-YA!! I WAS BORN WITH A FISHING POLE IN MY HANDS ;D

24 years bass fishing
ALAN_RAMSEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-05, 12:58 AM   #37
texan_bass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to texan_bass

I am going on my 13th year. My first 1 year I fished for anything, and everything. Untill I got a hold of my first BASS. From then on, I've been hooked.

I see a pattern here, very interesting. A high percentage of you got into strickly BASS fishing just recently....last 5 years or so. 8)

We have I think all noticed that BASS fishing has been getting more and more popular in recent years. Which is a very good thing.

Very good thread ;D
texan_bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-05, 01:15 AM   #38
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

[quote author=bassinbob link=board=news;num=1108989708;start=0#22 date=02/21/05 at 22:13:34]Since 1957. Â*Bass, for about 2 years. Wasted all those early formative years.

Bob[/quote]

Better late than never, Bob ;D!

Quote:
To make a long story very short, when I was 2, I fished at a 4th of July party for 8 hours straight without stopping to eat. I'm pretty hardcore about fishing......It is my life.
Well you sure came to the right place.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-05, 07:08 PM   #39
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=SWL_Justin link=board=news;num=1108989708;start=25#36 date=02/22/05 at 22:58:43]
We have I think all noticed that BASS fishing has been getting more and more popular in recent years. Which is a very good thing.

Very good thread ;D[/quote]
unless more people start to keep the bass :'(
Old 02-23-05, 07:28 PM   #40
bigcheese43
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigcheese43

yea about like 2 years ago if i caught i fish i kept it. yes even some nice sized bass and now i look back and regret that. Now i have a lot of respect for bass and fishing and now wont even think about keeping one!!!
bigcheese43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-05, 08:03 PM   #41
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

stickum that has got to be the best quote i have seen on this board should put it down as your sig.

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-05, 10:48 PM   #42
PackerBasser
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to PackerBasser

since the mid 70's i grew up in sunrise FL. the canal system was my babysitter.i fished,bb gun hunted lizards,walked the fields for cattle bones.it's all apt.complexes now.but what a blast it was!
PackerBasser is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.