Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-11-05, 12:33 AM   #1
Chiefnuts05
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Glues.....

I've been hearing/reading a lot about this soft bait glue crap or whatever it is, so i decided to look it up and came to the realization that its pretty expensive. Would it be any different to just use some Loctite super glue or something like that or would that put off an odor in the water or affect the fall of the bait?? Im a tiki stick fan, so im pretty much tossing those things left and right but i just cant bring myself to spend 13 bucks (if you account for shipping) on a bottle of that glue....
Chiefnuts05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-05, 12:35 AM   #2
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Try gorilla glue. Its pretty good thats what I used on our boat when it got a crack in it.
If you get the gorilla glue be careful it dont take much.
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-05, 08:38 AM   #3
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefnuts05
I've been hearing/reading a lot about this soft bait glue crap or whatever it is, so i decided to look it up and came to the realization that its pretty expensive. Would it be any different to just use some Loctite super glue or something like that or would that put off an odor in the water or affect the fall of the bait?? Im a tiki stick fan, so im pretty much tossing those things left and right but i just cant bring myself to spend 13 bucks (if you account for shipping) on a bottle of that glue....
You get what you pay for. Yes you can use other glues, but they will harden quicker, and the scent and flexibilty is different. I guess the best way for me to explain it's benefit is this. One or two bottles of this stuff will probably last you all year. It will save you tons of baits, and also allow you to glue 2 halfs together. So it's a choice. How often are you sliding your bait back in place? With the glue, it will be a heck of a lot less I can assure you. I reccommend it personally, but the choice is yours.

Lizards
Old 08-11-05, 08:51 AM   #4
Kevin
Administrator

Default PRO's Soft-Bait Glue...

Look no further... This is exactly what you want to use.
PRO's Soft~Bait Glue

-Plastic baits bond to hooks and jig heads like a magnet. Stays permanently attached until new bait is applied or fish bites it off. Repair with one drop, squeeze together for 4-5 seconds and keep fishing. Saves time & money!
-Flexible, soft, and durable without stiffness. NO brittleness like other glues even in below freezing temperatures. Great for ice fishing!
-Create your own custom lures by bonding tails, bodies, trailers, tubes and grubs from different manufacturers.

Check out my 5-Star Product Review of PRO's Soft~Bait Glue at:
Kevin's 5-Star Product Reviews
Old 08-11-05, 10:53 AM   #5
BPoi523433
BassFishin.Com Member

i would recomend some model airplane CA (cyano-acrylate) glue...it is basically super glue but i think its quite cheap
Old 08-11-05, 03:20 PM   #6
Rebbasser

I bought some on Lizard's recommendation and have not regretted it. Matter of fact I recently re-ordered some and got it today. As he said, you get what you pay for. The stuff works, and the guy that runs it is a good guy. Like Lizards, I highly recommend it.
Old 08-11-05, 04:42 PM   #7
racer34v
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to racer34v

High quality reel: 65 bucks
High quality rod: 45 bucks
Selection of worms, tubes, lizards and misc: 100 bucks easy
Bass Boat: 7500 bucks
Tackle Box: 30 bucks

Glue that will save hassle, let you do stuff you cant do now, save time....... priceless
i guess its kinda like if the doctor tells you go get a prescription for pills that will cure you , but wanting to save 5 bucks and winding up with pils that dont do the job!
racer34v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-05, 05:19 PM   #8
BassQualifier
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Get the Right Glue

Racer34v is exactly right. Don't skimp on something as useful as fishing glue. Pro Soft Bait Glue has built up quite a happy following on the internet and its uses reach far past simply glueing torn baits. I compare fishing glue to fishing pliers. When you need it and don't have it, you quickly realize how important having them handy is. I guarentee you there are very few pro's out there that don't use fishing glue on a regular basis. It just doesn't get all the fame and glory more promotionally marketed items receive. Do yourself a favor and pick up some bottles. Maybe this site offers some sort of deal for Pro Soft Bait Glue since they are a sponsor???
BassQualifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-05, 06:02 PM   #9
zooker

i use the stuff kevin posted it works great have had the bottle for about 2 years i think i may need to order more. i recently was called a "cheap bas**rd " for rerigging a lizard till the head fell off-i just glued it back on- much to my buddies dismay..lol

i hate to waste a bait that is working..

zooker
Old 08-13-05, 12:43 PM   #10
Unregistered

What is some good glue that i can buy at wal-mart or Academy Sports?

thanks

-Oklahoma Pond and Lake Hopper
Old 08-13-05, 12:56 PM   #11
Rebbasser

I don't recall seeing any at WalMart, but Academy carries fishing glue-I don't recall the brand, though. Still, I'd recommend the Pro's soft bait glue. It is more expensive, but once again, you get what you pay for.
Old 08-13-05, 01:09 PM   #12
IL.bassin36
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin36

Super glue will work. However, I have been fishing with Lizardsrule, and he let me use his Pros Soft Bait Glue. It is better than super glue.
IL.bassin36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-05, 03:21 PM   #13
bassfisher02
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

some glues will melt the plastics, you have to be carefull. pros softbait glue wont melt any of your plastics no matter which brand it is. i reccommend it to. i need to buy some soon.
Old 08-14-05, 05:27 PM   #14
Unregistered

ok i just ordered some pro's soft~bait glue

dang i buy too much fishing stuff !
Old 08-14-05, 06:27 PM   #15
zooker

hang round this site and you will buy even more stuff..

zooker
Old 08-14-05, 07:36 PM   #16
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I bought a bottle brand called fishin' glue.I did seem to glue my finger to the bait easier than the bait to the hook. I guess I am not a good one to ask , If the bait doesn't stay in place, I replace it with a new bait.I know a person who runs a toothpick through the bit nose and through the hook eye and breaks it off to hold the bait in place. I have not done this for fear of pinching the line tied around the hook eye, and losing a good fish.Its easier to put a new bait on.P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-05, 08:31 PM   #17
Rebbasser

Quote:
dang i buy too much fishing stuff !
Might as well join the site-you have officially met the Bait Monkey ! As Zooker said, stick around-you will be buying more
Old 08-17-05, 12:54 PM   #18
Stick-em
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Stick-em

You all are a great bunch and some of you have called in an order and I've gotten to know you and are great consumers and supporters of our products. And some just aren't sure and we know that's common with any products old or new. Most fisherman won't lead you astray and will tell it straight up, good or bad. Me included!

As a Bassfishin.com sponsor I would like to say thank you for supporting us so we may continue to maintain our sponsorship here. The fishermen and gals on this website and the website owner included have confidence in their sponsors. We're glad we can continue. Please drop us a line here or our personal email on the website and we'll get back to you as quickly as possible. Unless, of course we're fishing!

My tip for month of August:

Why peg off with a toothpick on Texas Rigs? It just weakens your line(s). After adding a smidgeon of PSBglue to the head of your plastic bait where the line enters the soft bait, add a smidgeon more and slide the bullet weight down and glue it to the head of you plastic bait. This way your line isn't cut or weakened by the toothpick nicking it.
Our glue doesn't weaken, make brittle any fishing lines tested to date like the quick drying other brands. Formulated to be odorless in the water within 5 seconds and keeps you fishing without the odor turning off fish.

Sincerely,

Mike Rice
President /founder
PRO's Soft~Bait Fishing Glue
Stick-em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-05, 11:49 PM   #19
H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick-em
You all are a great bunch and some of you have called in an order and I've gotten to know you and are great consumers and supporters of our products. And some just aren't sure and we know that's common with any products old or new. Most fisherman won't lead you astray and will tell it straight up, good or bad. Me included!

As a Bassfishin.com sponsor I would like to say thank you for supporting us so we may continue to maintain our sponsorship here. The fishermen and gals on this website and the website owner included have confidence in their sponsors. We're glad we can continue. Please drop us a line here or our personal email on the website and we'll get back to you as quickly as possible. Unless, of course we're fishing!

My tip for month of August:

Why peg off with a toothpick on Texas Rigs? It just weakens your line(s). After adding a smidgeon of PSBglue to the head of your plastic bait where the line enters the soft bait, add a smidgeon more and slide the bullet weight down and glue it to the head of you plastic bait. This way your line isn't cut or weakened by the toothpick nicking it.
Our glue doesn't weaken, make brittle any fishing lines tested to date like the quick drying other brands. Formulated to be odorless in the water within 5 seconds and keeps you fishing without the odor turning off fish.

Sincerely,

Mike Rice
President /founder
PRO's Soft~Bait Fishing Glue
According to the info. guys were talking about here, the glue should work very well. So could you tell me how or where i can order it in Ontario. Thanks a lot.
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-05, 11:40 AM   #20
Stick-em

Send a message via AIM to Stick-em
Default Canadian Sales at Set The Hook

H2O,

You can purchase PRO's Soft~Bait Fishing Glue from http://www.setthehook.ca/ our Canadian Distributor....

Have fun with it and take a moment to read the directions on the bottle. It will save you even more dollars in the long run...

Take a few minutes to use it off the water and after a few minutes you'll be using it with ease to keep those baits from sliding down those hooks.

Screemin' Reels!

Mike Rice
Stick-em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-05, 07:42 AM   #21
H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick-em
H2O,

You can purchase PRO's Soft~Bait Fishing Glue from http://www.setthehook.ca/ our Canadian Distributor....

Have fun with it and take a moment to read the directions on the bottle. It will save you even more dollars in the long run...

Take a few minutes to use it off the water and after a few minutes you'll be using it with ease to keep those baits from sliding down those hooks.

Screemin' Reels!

Mike Rice
Hi, Mike

Thanks for the info. I appreciate your help. However, the site confused me, I mean I did find the glue on their page, but just kind review from your site. It seems even no price on their site. And they listed bunches dealers there, I checked two of those dealers and can not find your product. So general speaking, I've kinda lost. I still don't know how to order it in Canada. Can I order it online, or have to go to somewhere to buy it.

Too bad, CanadianTire or W-Mart doesn't carry your products.

Any way, thanks a lot.
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-05, 01:38 PM   #22
fishing fool
BassFishin.Com Member

Thumbs up

this is Oklahoma Pond and Lake Hopper aka unregistered, i decided to register

incase anyone wants to know, this is my experience buying pro's soft~bait glue:

Ordered glue on 8/14 with credit card, they shipped it on 8/16 via regular usps mail in a padded 5x8 envelope and i received it today 8/19. The company it came from is Innovative Promotions in Ashland VA.

So far so good, i'll let you know how well it works when i go fishing tomorrow
fishing fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-05, 09:39 PM   #23
angelus40

i need to get me some glue... will elmers glue work? sounds weird i need to fix a
plastic worm my brother gave me years ago it's has one it the part the catches velcro
angelus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-05, 10:34 PM   #24
Rebbasser

Quote:
will elmers glue work?

Nope-it is water based and will dissolve.
Old 08-19-05, 10:37 PM   #25
angelus40

how about model cememt
angelus40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.