Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-06, 08:21 AM   #26
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

As long as you have a sustainable population, and you don't pressurre the bass too hard, you should be fine. I mainly fish small ponds, so bedding season is scouting time. I might catch one or two on the bed a year, but I mainly like to see how the fish herd is holding up.
Old 04-03-06, 02:52 PM   #27
crankybait

yeah my best place is a small pond, im hitting it next week every day from 8 to 5 (spring break) ill try to find some beds
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-06, 03:11 PM   #28
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

cranky,
I think you'll probably see male bass cruising in about 3 feet of water looking for areas to make a nest, its still a tad early up our way temp wise. They will hit plastics if ya just keep it out there real slow, hardly any motion at all. I 'm sure you'll need some polorized sunglasses, you can get some cheapies like strike king for 9 bucks at wallmart. ITs a must if you want to see whats happening below the water surface.

JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-06, 03:54 PM   #29
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

cranky,
If you are bank fishing, throw parallel to the bank when the fish are shallow. You may have to stay several feet from the bank so you don't spook shallow fish. Yesterday I stood 10-15 from the water and kind of behind a small bush so I didn't spook fish. I was pitching a buzz bait (yep, pitching a buzz bait) and catching bass in 1-3 foot of water in the middle and edges of cover. Caught 9 in an hour.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-06, 04:05 PM   #30
crankybait

JB- i saw those at walmart, but i wear glasses. it would be extremely hard to wear both layers. trying to figure out if i can get polorized lenses for the glasses i have. ever- oh damn i never walk up slowy. i just hop down the little wooden steps in between 2 bushes and throw my bait under an overhang thats about 8 feet away
Old 04-03-06, 04:09 PM   #31
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Cranky,

I think you can get clip on polarized glasses that you wear over your regular glasses. It seems like I have seen those. Polarized glasses will show you a lot of underwater things that you will not see unless you have them.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-06, 05:11 PM   #32
crankybait

yeah, im definetely going to need some. you have any idea where you saw the clipons?
Old 04-03-06, 05:14 PM   #33
Wishing2BFishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnavarro
when does the spawn start in nj?
Mnavarro, I live in Pennsylvania but also do some fishing in New Jersey. This weekend, I will be fishing a private lake in Denville. I am told that the fish have already started "swarming" and congregating in the shallows. I will let you know if they are on the beds. Chances are, they will also be spawing in the other NJ lakes.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-06, 04:34 PM   #34
jonnyp22
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to jonnyp22

yo what lake in denville? my girlfriend lives there
Old 04-09-06, 05:34 AM   #35
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyp22
A private lake near me in vernon. I fished a couple resevoirs and had no luck. One on green pond road and one on resevoir road.
Hey bud ? fer ya. I used to live in east stroudsberg Pa and fished greenwood alot. LOVED that lake at night. Do you ever fish it. Living on green pond road I would figure you would. Is green pond road the same one close to greenwood. Memory tells me this?????
Old 04-09-06, 08:06 AM   #36
crankybait

want to walmart yesterday. picked up a rebel pop-r, but they didnt have clip on polorized glasses
Old 04-09-06, 09:09 AM   #37
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

cranky,
you can get strikeking polorized sunglasses that will fit right over your specks, or at wallyworld you can find clipon sunglasses up by the sunglasses displayed behind the jewlery area. The eyeglass dept has some clip ons, but I don't thing they are polorized...I prefer the polorized ones that wrap around your existing glasses, you get total shade, compared to clipons that only shade the glasses surface..a hug dif. in ability to see fish, along with a billcap over your glasses, it the best way to spot objects underwater.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-06, 09:28 AM   #38
crankybait

really? ill have to check there then. thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-10-06, 03:16 PM   #39
Wishing2BFishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyp22
yo what lake in denville? my girlfriend lives there
Cedar Lake . . . it is an awesome LM lake if you know someone to get on it.
Old 04-10-06, 03:18 PM   #40
Wishing2BFishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER
Hey bud ? fer ya. I used to live in east stroudsberg Pa and fished greenwood alot. LOVED that lake at night. Do you ever fish it. Living on green pond road I would figure you would. Is green pond road the same one close to greenwood. Memory tells me this?????
I used to live in Bartonsville, Pa (just outside Stroudsburg) and had the opportunity to fish some of the local lakes. Where is the Greenwood Lake? I think I may have missed that lake.
Old 04-10-06, 06:45 PM   #41
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

merl crik is 39-40 degrees,furnace lake is 46 degrees,spruce run is 41 degrees....i don't think they're anywhere near the spawn yet..2-3 more weeks in north jersey..maybe way down in south jersey they are closer to the spawn..the bass cruising the shallows are doing that after a couple warm days...but spawn?i don't think so.
greenwood lake is half in N.J. half in N.Y. in about the middle of n.j.look on any map of jersey,you can't miss it.
saturday i nailed a 5lber and a 3lber in 2 ft of water at furnace lake..couldn't buy a bite on sunday.have to thank huck for those 2 bass...got on green pumpkin yamamoto kreature baits he left in my boat.
hang tight jersey boys,spawn is only a couple weeks away.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.