Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 03-04-09, 06:28 AM   #1
CCbass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default The "why" and what it teaches us as a fisherman

The "why" teaches us to think like the bass itself. Most pros talk about instinct, or going with there gut, or having a feeling, all the same. A bass in its thinking is driven by instinct, and understanding and focusing on the "why" will in fact teach you to think by instinct. Opposed to human thought which I think leads to bait chasers. In an earlier posting I said a bass is a preditor plain and simple, and in that you can catch them anywhere, this, the "why" is the logic behind it. Take a bass from California and put it in a lake in Alabama, new vegetation, water clarity, acidity, prey, preditors, ect. The bass will, and in short time thru its instinct find the best way to survive in the given environment. Now put a bass fisherman, like a pro that has focused on the "why" for years on a new lake. Thinking by instinct ( like the bass ) he will and fairly quickly find out "how" to catch fish.
CCbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-09, 03:00 PM   #2
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

great post .... very true .... bass are huge eatin machines .... if you guys havent seen "Hooked on Bass" that was on national geographic... i would try to find it and record it ..... great show and the first part talks about their predatory habits
Old 03-04-09, 08:47 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

ccbass, i agree with oyu here too pal. BUT,lol, i am still having trouble sorting this part out. no i am not as good as i should be, i believe that i THINK too much. overkill if you know what i mean. and i tend to change baits too often. overthinking is my guess. am i on the right track in what you are saying?
Old 03-04-09, 08:52 PM   #4
Marty
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
A bass in its thinking is driven by instinct,
I basically agree with your post. Maybe I'm being too picky, but I don't believe bass "think," at least in the way we understand the word. They instinctively react to sights, sounds, weather conditions and the like.

Of course, given the fact that we all too often seem to be outsmarted by them, it's easy to believe that they have "outthought" us.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-09, 12:38 AM   #5
CCbass
BassFishin.Com Active Member

True the bass does'nt think, the think by instinct is a biology term, it really means put your head in the head of the animal you are studying. React to everything as instinct and not thought as we humans do. Yes bama don't over think, that will kill you every time. Basically I started to realize the why when I stuck to one lure, first I couldn't catch fish or not many on it then I did, then I looked at what the differences were. Then I went to another lure and so on.
CCbass is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.